Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smokeyone

I need help setting up a gym routine

89 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, smokeyone said:

Doc told me no more workouts today. Seems my knees are too far gone for the stress. In fact he recommended I stop work and apply for disability. Not going to do that but it sucks having really bad joints. My back is fine but ankles, feet, knees, and fingers are in almost constant pain.  

Sorry to hear fella.

2 hours ago, foxflyer5 said:

do you get those rooster injections @smokeyone?

They did a gel injection in the knees a year ago. Lasted a couple of months

7 hours ago, foxflyer5 said:

like Dr. Scholls for your joints.

I've never rolled one in a Dr Scholls,but I'll give it a whirl....

Dr. Job’s work better. Especially if you can get 1 1/2s

22 hours ago, smokeyone said:

Doc told me no more workouts today. Seems my knees are too far gone for the stress. In fact he recommended I stop work and apply for disability. Not going to do that but it sucks having really bad joints. My back is fine but ankles, feet, knees, and fingers are in almost constant pain.  

Sorry to hear that. Can you swim? I imagine hearing your doc say “no workouts” is pretty discouraging but it’s important to keep up some type of activity.

We need to take care of our minds as well as our bodies.

Stress can have bad effects on our health.

41 minutes ago, cocky4ever said:

Sorry to hear that. Can you swim? I imagine hearing your doc say “no workouts” is pretty discouraging but it’s important to keep up some type of activity.

I have a pool and when the weather gets warm enough I will be in it. Doc doesn't even want me walking to rabbit hunt anymore. Arthritis and migratory arthritic gout, plus too many years on high dose prednisone has ruined my joints it seems. It's not a new issue but has gotten worse the last couple of months. 

13 minutes ago, L.A.Hog said:

Agreed. I’ve been working out consistently for 8 years and been meditating consistently for 2. It’s hard to say the meditation has been as valuable, but that’s probably just because the effects of exercise are easier to notice(workout high, feeling better through the week,looking better, etc) but consistent meditation has been a game changer. Exercise alone can reduce stress, but meditation does more than just reduce stress and I think in today’s fast paced world it is needed more than ever. And it doesn’t have to be for long periods of time. Even a few minutes/day of meditation or quiet reflection can be great for the mind. 

15 minutes ago, L.A.Hog said:

I'm not stressed, blood pressure is excellent, cholesterol is in the healthy range, weight is normal now (268 4 years ago to 200 3 years ago), no major issues other than joints.

I went deaf (for all intents and purposes) about 16 years ago, I wear contacts but outside the joints I am solid. 

7 minutes ago, smokeyone said:

I have a pool and when the weather gets warm enough I will be in it. Doc doesn't even want me walking to rabbit hunt anymore. Arthritis and migratory arthritic gout, plus too many years on high dose prednisone has ruined my joints it seems. It's not a new issue but has gotten worse the last couple of months. 

Sounds like you’re pretty lucky to have a pool, but that sucks if it’s so bad he does t even want you to walk through the woods? Have you considered other options? I know there is a ton of promising stuff about stem cell treatment established already and it seems to get more promising by the year.

https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/discussion/mayo-clinic-finds-surprising-results-on-first-ever-test-of-stem-cell-therapy-to-treat-arthritis/

That’s just a pretty generic study and one of the first that popped up in my search, but you can look and find lots of great examples of people experiencing very significant improvement from the treatments. 

25 minutes ago, smokeyone said:

at least youll be able to claim "doctors orders" for the scooter...

rascalblowup.jpg

19 minutes ago, cocky4ever said:

I know there is a ton of promising stuff about stem cell treatment established already and it seems to get more promising by the year.

whoa,whoa,whoa,isn't this aborted baby stuff?

My knees are bad. Not to your level by any means but my right knee barely has any cartligdge left in it thanks to years of playing catcher. I can’t run for long periods. I recently bought a spin bike and it’s work out nicely. I ride a few times a week while watching tv. 

Also ive heard really good things about the Copper fit insoles. Been thinking about grabbing a pair for my boots. They keep you foot in alignment with your leg and reduce stress on your tendons and ligaments 

Edited by GoldenRebel

7 hours ago, L.A.Hog said:

whoa,whoa,whoa,isn't this aborted baby stuff?

Lol, no...there are lots of sources for stem cells that don’t involve dead babies.

7 hours ago, foxflyer5 said:

at least youll be able to claim "doctors orders" for the scooter...

rascalblowup.jpg

I’m not a gamblin man, but if I had to put money on how he threw his back out......

9 hours ago, cocky4ever said:

Sounds like you’re pretty lucky to have a pool, but that sucks if it’s so bad he does t even want you to walk through the woods? Have you considered other options? I know there is a ton of promising stuff about stem cell treatment established already and it seems to get more promising by the year.

https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/discussion/mayo-clinic-finds-surprising-results-on-first-ever-test-of-stem-cell-therapy-to-treat-arthritis/

That’s just a pretty generic study and one of the first that popped up in my search, but you can look and find lots of great examples of people experiencing very significant improvement from the treatments. 

We are going to have to figure something out. I am too young and too proud to stop doing stuff. I have a pretty high tolerance for pain and will test the rabbit hunting thing with a walk through a couple of fields in a few weeks.

On 1/24/2018 at 8:21 PM, smokeyone said:

Take quadruple the precribed dose of pain pills right before bed, then let us know how you feel the next morning.

Edited by JoeGator

1 hour ago, JoeGator said:

Take quadruple the precribed dose of pain pills right before bed, then let us know how you feel the next morning.

I did a Percocet and Tramadol yesterday. 

They want to do knee cap replacement on both knees knowing it will not help that much

31 minutes ago, smokeyone said:

They want to do knee cap replacement on both knees knowing it will not help that much

Snort one eat two 

3 hours ago, smokeyone said:

are your knee joints bone to bone?

if so just get knee replacements,I know plenty of people who have had them and it has kept them from being crippled.

11 minutes ago, L.A.Hog said:

are your knee joints bone to bone?

if so just get knee replacements,I know plenty of people who have had them and it has kept them from being crippled.

Knee cap to bone. 

31 minutes ago, smokeyone said:

Knee cap to bone. 

Damn,hadn’t heard of this. 

Is this from injury or wear?