Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smokeyone

HUGE basketball scandal

161 posts in this topic

Now hearing more schools and Nike are involved 

6 hours ago, Rebel WITH a cause said:

They're gonna try to keep up with big brother...

It was adidas that put Howell in msu. 

16 minutes ago, hog_heaven said:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/22553502/fbi-probe-corruption-reveals-basketball-powers-broken-ncaa-rules

Duke, UNC, Texas, Tucky, Mich St, Southern Cal, Kansas, NC State, Seton Hall, Washington, South Carolina, Louisville, Utah, Xavier, Wichita State, Clemson, Bama, LSU, Maryland are all listed. 

Only name that surprises me is Wichita 

2 minutes ago, GoldenRebel said:

Utah had me scratching my head. Bogut? 

16 minutes ago, hog_heaven said:

Utah had me scratching my head. Bogut? 

It listed the names in the article. Some Utah player I’ve never heard of

The article was kind of meh really. They built it up as a bombshell and we are talking about a few thousand dollar payments. Wake me up when we start talking real money

1 minute ago, GoldenRebel said:

It listed the names in the article. Some Utah player I’ve never heard of

The article was kind of meh really. They built it up as a bombshell and we are talking about a few thousand dollar payments. Wake me up when we start talking real money

I'm wondering if this is just the tip of the iceberg tho. Coworker and I talking this morning, all of this is related to ASM. I wonder how many other agencies will be involved in the end. It can't just be this one agency, that seems like a witch hunt if nothing else. 

39 minutes ago, GoldenRebel said:

Doesn't surprise me at all.  The coach is a good one, but totally have the attitude to win at all cost.  At one point he really wanted the the South Carolina job because he grew up here.  Despite the fact that he had gotten Winthrop to the NCAA tourney a number of times we passed on him.  That was the year we hired Darren Horn.

While he has won everywhere he has gone there have been questions where ever he has gone.  

I hate to see Carolina tied to this is three different ways.  We have a former coach who recruited Dozier.  Then we brought in Bowen, who was at the center of a lot of this.

I think our only hope is that it is so wide spread that the NCAA can't punish everyone.

Also for those of you taking glee in this, it is almost guaranteed this is only the tip of the iceberg.  My guess is soon enough this will spill over to most other college teams and sports.  It's only a matter of time before football gets brought in.  

After the kind of class UGA just brought in I would be concerned.  

Plus the NCAA is really looking bad right now.  (Even more than normal)  My guess is they will be head hunting soon enough.

17 minutes ago, bbqit said:

All this money hasn’t been taxed

And that is why the FBI really cares.  The government has to have their cut.

Carolina AD just released a statement: "We first learned of the allegations in the Yahoo Sports report last night, and remain committed to cooperating with the NCAA and the DOJ."

This statement says a ton.  Before this information came out there was a lot of confidence from the school that we were going to be more than fine with all of this.  My guess is that has now changed.  

Edited by TrueGCFan

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

2 hours ago, TrueGCFan said:

I hate to see Carolina tied to this is three different ways.  We have a former coach who recruited Dozier.  Then we brought in Bowen, who was at the center of a lot of this.

I think our only hope is that it is so wide spread that the NCAA can't punish everyone.

Also for those of you taking glee in this, it is almost guaranteed this is only the tip of the iceberg.  My guess is soon enough this will spill over to most other college teams and sports.  It's only a matter of time before football gets brought in.  

After the kind of class UGA just brought in I would be concerned.  

I think I speak for all of Ole Miss here at SECTalk when I say we are taking no glee from this and we, "feel ya." However, our basketball program in no way possible could be named in this investigation. Have you seen our record? Have seen our basketball history?  If we are I'm going to jump out of my office window and crash through the sun roof of that SUV in the parking lot below.

1 hour ago, TrueGCFan said:

And that is why the FBI really cares.  The government has to have their cut.

Hillary isn’t the only pay for play

4 minutes ago, A10Rebel said:

I think I speak for all of Ole Miss here at SECTalk when I say we are taking no glee from this and we, "feel ya." However, our basketball program in no way possible could be named in this investigation. Have you seen our record? Have seen our basketball history?  If we are I'm going to jump out of my office window and crash through the sun roof of that SUV in the parking lot below.

Anyone who deals with adidas or Nike gotta look out

6 minutes ago, bbqit said:

Anyone who deals with adidas or Nike gotta look out

There's nothing left to find in Oxford. They've been parked in our colon for five years.

4 minutes ago, A10Rebel said:

There's nothing left to find in Oxford. They've been parked in our colon for five years.

No shit. Over 5 years and find $24,000. Divide by 5 and round up $5000 a year is generous. Divide that by the number of scholarship players and the money isn’t a pack of bubble gum compared to what the NCAA wants to start paying players. Far left liberals are definitely running the NCAA with that type thinking

Edited by bbqit