Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smokeyone

HUGE basketball scandal

161 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, UK4Life said:

Maybe. Has a Nike school been involved yet?

Southern Cal and Arizona are a Nike schools.  Also one of the guys at the center of this was a major Nike rep for years.  

Edited by TrueGCFan

56 minutes ago, The Architect said:

Pitino likely to be canned today. Jurich might be shown the door with him. This according to sources around University-6. Pat Forde calling for the death penalty, even, and he's been a UL apologist for years.

And for the Cal haters, I'd be all for canning him if he has ever been, or is cheating in any way (please direct me to the NCAA document(s) that cite him). I've met the man, and I don't think he would do any of that (and I was skeptical when he was first hired). He's in this thing for the kids, and to help them get to the NBA the right way (read his books). If you watch him recruit, there are quite a few 5* and 4* kids that he doesn't bother with. If he sniffs that the kid or the family are expecting hand-outs, or the kid thinks that he won't have to work in class, or on the court, or if he thinks the kid can't handle the spotlight at UK, he will drop them like a hot potato. He also makes sure that any early-departing player has a path back to UK to complete their degrees, if things don't work out for them at the pro level.

Lolololololololol

Yes Cal has been surrounded by the scoundrels. Every college coach has. That's part of the point of this whole thing. There's scumbags all around college basketball (in the shoe companies, AAU leagues, coaches, etc., etc.). So, if Cal is found guilty, I'd be the first one calling for his head. But, if he's doing it right through all of the muck and the mire (as I suspect), then I think that's pretty admirable.

I'm not trying to convince you guys to not hate Cal. Hate him all you want. But, I think if you're hating him for cheating, then it's unfounded.

Jurich is gone. Presser at 1pm from University-6.

And, while I have laughed at the UL program quite a bit, the deeper and darker this goes, and the impact it will have on the Louisville economy, and regular people in the town (all the ancillaries related to UL basketball), makes me pretty sick to my stomach. It's embarrassing for my state. This is our 2nd largest university carrying on like some kind of third world dictatorship: thinking they were above the law.

I hope UL can recover quickly, with good leadership. I applaud the interim president Postel for pulling the trigger on the Jurich firing. Maybe the UL house will finally be cleaned.

And, word is Pitino is gone. Jurich was asked to can him. He refused, so Postel canned 'em both.

39 minutes ago, The Architect said:

Yes Cal has been surrounded by the scoundrels. Every college coach has. That's part of the point of this whole thing. There's scumbags all around college basketball (in the shoe companies, AAU leagues, coaches, etc., etc.). So, if Cal is found guilty, I'd be the first one calling for his head. But, if he's doing it right through all of the muck and the mire (as I suspect), then I think that's pretty admirable.

I'm not trying to convince you guys to not hate Cal. Hate him all you want. But, I think if you're hating him for cheating, then it's unfounded.

People hate him because he's a scumbag, not because he wins too much.

You're almost as delusional as @SECats

7 minutes ago, JoeGator said:

And so it begins

18 minutes ago, JoeGator said:

There are plenty of scumbags who don't win and no one gives a shit about them. People hate Cal because the see him as a "scumbag who wins".

47 minutes ago, The Architect said:

And, word is Pitino is gone. Jurich was asked to can him. He refused, so Postel canned 'em both.

Pitino gone is all over the webz.

4 minutes ago, UK4Life said:

There are plenty of scumbags who don't win and no one gives a shit about them. People hate Cal because the see him as a "scumbag who wins".

That's not a good analogy.

unless you're a politician.

Edited by possumslayer

35 minutes ago, possumslayer said:

image.jpg

So now we see who will pay for health care and the wall. 

1 hour ago, JoeGator said:

I don't see very many scumbags raising millions for Haiti relief, hurricane Harvey relief, and the many other organizations he's helped solely by his position at UK. He gives generously, but also persuades others to give generously, too.

Again, hate him because he's the UK coach, a scumbag (your opinion), whatever.... I get it, I even welcome it.

And, I never said he wins too much.

Besides, how can you win "too much"? That's just a stupid statement.

1 hour ago, The Architect said:

I don't see very many scumbags raising millions for Haiti relief, hurricane Harvey relief, and the many other organizations he's helped solely by his position at UK. He gives generously, but also persuades others to give generously, too.

Again, hate him because he's the UK coach, a scumbag (your opinion), whatever.... I get it, I even welcome it.

And, I never said he wins too much.

Besides, how can you win "too much"? That's just a stupid statement.

-Surrounds himself with scumbags at work.

-Gets sanctioned.

-Surrounds himself with scumbags at work again.

-Gets sanctioned again.

---Gives charitable donations.

---is Jesus

This is easier than I thought.

Edited by JoeGator

You play obtuseness as well as Pitino plays ignorance. 

11 minutes ago, ForwardRebels said:

I hope the FBI gives the NCAA absolutely no mercy. 

We know you do...... lol 

Just now, The Architect said:

You play obtuseness as well as Pitino plays ignorance. 

I hope you don't embarrass yourself like this in real life.