Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Booger

NFL

156 posts in this topic

Just now, possumslayer said:

Why are you bitching about it then? Won't you be able to get cheaper Titans tickets ?

The Titans seem to be a winning football team(certainly early though) for the first time since 08, so no, won't be any cheaper here. Am actually considering at some point to take a trip to Nashville for a game this year though. Haven't been since 2014, and that was to watch the Giants embarrass them like 35-7 or some equally awful shit like that. Told myself I wouldn't spend that 3ish hour road trip to watch a team that bad again, seems like they might finally be worth spending the time/money on for the first time in forever though.

And not bitching about it per se, just find it hilarious is all. Protesting is stupid and hilarious and meaningless when one group does it(I agree, btw, but for when both groups do it), but if its something you believe in it's not.

1 minute ago, Titans4Vols said:

Yeah I bet he'd get right to cutting Dak Prescott, Tyron Smith, Zack Martin, Ezekiel Elliott, Travis Frederick, etc if they sat or kneeled during the anthem.

gif+diva.gif

12 minutes ago, Titans4Vols said:

Yeah I bet he'd get right to cutting Dak Prescott, Tyron Smith, Zack Martin, Ezekiel Elliott, Travis Frederick, etc if they sat or kneeled during the anthem.

I don't believe he said that. Looks like some of the players are planning some sort of protest...

Just now, Booger said:

I don't believe he said that. Looks like some of the players are planning some sort of protest...

The point remains the same. If an important player is a part of the protest, they aren't getting cut. Sure maybe he'd cut some 3rd string linebacker who only plays on kick off coverage, but that's hardly making a point. Jerry Jones can try to act tough but he's not cutting anyone that helps his team win football games, which makes his "stand" look awfully silly.

If an important player does actually protest and he cuts them, then all the props in the world for Jerry Jones actually having some balls on him.

2 minutes ago, Titans4Vols said:

The point remains the same. If an important player is a part of the protest, they aren't getting cut. Sure maybe he'd cut some 3rd string linebacker who only plays on kick off coverage, but that's hardly making a point. Jerry Jones can try to act tough but he's not cutting anyone that helps his team win football games, which makes his "stand" look awfully silly.

If an important player does actually protest and he cuts them, then all the props in the world for Jerry Jones actually having some balls on him.

No, I mean I believe it is untrue that he said he'd cut players if they protested...kept seeing it on Facebook, and assumed it true. Apparently it was like all the other stupid fucking memes on there. 

1 minute ago, Booger said:

No, I mean I believe it is untrue that he said he'd cut players if they protested...kept seeing it on Facebook, and assumed it true. Apparently it was like all the other stupid fucking memes on there. 

Dez and Elliott will be the first to hit a knee

14 minutes ago, CrimsoNation713 said:

Dez and Elliott will be the first to hit a knee

No doubt...

fuck em all. And fuck trump too for helping to insert politics into the NFL. He needs to just keep his goddamn mouth shut and bomb North Korea already.

Boom! @Booger

Fuck em. I don't tune in or pay to see what a spoiled millionaire thinks politically and the potus ought to have better sense than to further this divisive bullshit.

I personally find the kneeling disresprectful and more about drawing attention to yourself rather than engendering open dialog. 

Don't see or hear any of them protesting all the violence blacks perpetuate in the inner cities against each other....which is a daily fact of life.  Yep they're all about change and fixing problems alright.  What a bunch of fucking hypocrites.

If Eli kneels then sit him that game and wouldn't let him dress out the next. Same rule I would apply to last man dressed. No pay for two games. You have every right to protest peacefully. That right does not take away the right to protest back, peacefully. Saying you will play different folks for a game is a right any owner has. 

1 hour ago, L.A.Hog said:

Just keep the players in the locker room til after  the anthem.

It's what ut does for football games... who gives a shit if they are on the field for anything less than running into one another for my enjoyment. PS, I don't even really watch them... maybe playoff time

The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the NFL League Rulebook. It states:

“The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

“During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition...

...It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”

i need an asshole to look this up to see if it's right

2 minutes ago, bbqit said:

The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the NFL League Rulebook. It states:

“The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

“During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition...

...It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”

i'm busy

5 minutes ago, bbqit said:

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article175221581.html

This guy says it's false and includes a link

I'll watch the start of the game tonight out of curiosity..

It'll be interesting to see how many of these "sons of bitches",as trump calls them,get canned.

trump raised viewership tonight,no doubt..

I'm watching preseason hockey on NHL network instead of the NFL.  I'll watch the Bengals but I'm not sure how much more time Im going to invest in the NFL if they're going to let these whiny black children go out there and act disrespectful while simultaneously telling players who wanted to honor servicemen who died on 9/11 or the officers who lost their lives they can't.  It's either all OK or none of it is at your place of business.

3 minutes ago, PuddingTime said:

I'm watching preseason hockey on NHL network instead of the NFL.  I'll watch the Bengals but I'm not sure how much more time Im going to invest in the NFL if they're going to let these whiny black children go out there and act disrespectful while simultaneously telling players who wanted to honor servicemen who died on 9/11 or the officers who lost their lives they can't.  It's either all OK or none of it is at your place of business.

I still haven't seen the statistics that support their cause

I like how they made It very obvious...."coming up next is our national anthem"

even had text on the screen, never seen that before... let's see what these sumbitches do.