Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Booger

NFL

156 posts in this topic

Looks like they are fawked. My fb newsfeed is full of people selling saints season tickets. I dont watch NFL much at all, so it's hard for me to boycott; but I hope they crumble.

Until the stadiums are empty they won't get the message.

Mass protest during the anthem was never going to be a winner for them.  Maybe among the population of NYC, Chicago and LA, but not the people who actually watch football regularly....

The NFL needs to realize it is the employer and they are employees and handle it's business.  We are the customers, and any normal business would listen to its customers, not ignore them.  I'm not so dedicated to the overpaid whiny millionaire black guys that I can't ditch the NFL entirely.  College football is what I enjoy more anyway.

Edited by PuddingTime

Just like the Kaepernick protestors who aren't watching, the people who refuse to watch over this is minimal and will hardly effect the league.

It's hilarious looking at protestors for both sides thinking they're making a difference. NFL is still going to make billions on top of billions and not give a shit what either side thinks.

40 minutes ago, nova said:

Mass protest during the anthem was never going to be a winner for them.  Maybe among the population of NYC, Chicago and LA, but not the people who actually watch football regularly....

They've had some losses (I heard %10) and after the einstein move of yesterday, it'll be more. The TV revenue is going to take a hit and it'll definitely turn some heads if it keeps up. My Collins and Henry jerseys are gone.

fugg'em

You let the ratings continue on a downward spiral and wait to see how fast the league changes its mind when the TV contracts come up again for renewal.

Here is something you will get to hear soon. Cost Per Point

Network payout for games will be adjusted.

1 minute ago, CrimsoNation713 said:

They've had some losses (I heard %10) and after the einstein move of yesterday, it'll be more. The TV revenue is going to take a hit and it'll definitely turn some heads if it keeps up. My Collins and Henry jerseys are gone.

fugg'em

Funny considering the ratings are actually going to be up this week after the MNF game:

https://sports.yahoo.com/cbs-ratings-go-week-3-nfl-ratings-whole-expected-see-increase-154216596.html

Can't wear shoes honoring those that fell on 9/11.

Can't honor the Dallas police who passed away.

Can disrespect America.

No nfl for me. I don't respect the league. 

It's time for the madness to be held accountable for the actions committed. 

Just like when Starbucks had their employees pushing their agenda, people stopped going.. Then Starbucks stopped the bs.

you want real hurt on nfl? start now to boycott the super bowl and watch what happens to $10million for a 30 second spot

Just now, bbqit said:

they can lie about the ratings to us all they want. those buying ads will know the real ratings.

Lie to us about ratings?

Really?

Don't tell me you've gone stupid too, qit. Turned in to one of those retards that scream "fake news" at the top of their lungs despite knowing how ridiculous it sounds. You're better than that.

Just now, Titans4Vols said:

Lie to us about ratings?

Really?

Don't tell me you've gone stupid too, qit. Turned in to one of those retards that scream "fake news" at the top of their lungs despite knowing how ridiculous it sounds. You're better than that.

to compare this to fake news is a lie within an accusation. the nfl can say, and cbs did, that ratings were up when they never said up from what. it will take months for the real rating to show itself. begin now to screw the super bowl.

Just now, bbqit said:

to compare this to fake news is a lie within an accusation. the nfl can say, and cbs did, that ratings were up when they never said up from what. it will take months for the real rating to show itself. begin now to screw the super bowl.

Except they do tell you up from what. It's from week 3 of last season. The first tweet referenced in the article states that quite plainly, and while John Ourand's tweet isn't quite as clear, if you click on it and read further, he explains that as well:

Just now, CrimsoNation713 said:

hilarious...heard it on the news and doesn't make a damn to me. I'll just do my own thing.

It's irrelevant what it means to you, that's not the argument. The argument is ratings aren't down, and are actually up compared to this time last season.

What's hilarious was this was response to the "Kaepernick crowd"'s boycott just last month:

And my post in that thread would fit this one as well. Goodell will dry his tears with the billions of dollars the NFL rakes in.

Just now, Titans4Vols said:

It's irrelevant what it means to you, that's not the argument. The argument is ratings aren't down, and are actually up compared to this time last season.

What's hilarious was this was response to the "Kaepernick crowd"'s boycott just last month:

And my post in that thread would fit this one as well. Goodell will dry his tears with the billions of dollars the NFL rakes in.

whatever you say

This is fantastic. The response to the Kaepernick protestors was they're a bunch of cry babies whose protest won't matter. Now that the opposite side has their poor feelings hurt they're the ones trying to do some meaningless protest.

As different as the sides claim to be, you're both just a bunch of crybabies altogether. Two peas in the same pod.

19 minutes ago, Titans4Vols said:

Funny considering the ratings are actually going to be up this week after the MNF game:

https://sports.yahoo.com/cbs-ratings-go-week-3-nfl-ratings-whole-expected-see-increase-154216596.html

True, however it's not like the teams announced midweek that they would boycott the flag and anthem. It was partially announced yesterday morning, so most "fans" tuned in and were caught off guard. It'll be interesting to see what the ratings are after next week.

and they're of course going to claim an increase in ratings, because who has the data to refute their claims? Certainly none of us, so how would we even know if they're lying.

And btw, I plan to tune into the cowboys game for the national anthem just to see if any cowboys sit or kneel. They say jones threatens to fire any players that do. 

They're getting what they deserve.  They're well within their rights to let the employees make political statements on the clock, and everyone else is with theirs to respond, including by tuning out.  If you don't want to get caught up in politics, don't let the nose of the political camel in the tent.

9 minutes ago, Booger said:

And btw, I plan to tune into the cowboys game for the national anthem just to see if any cowboys sit or kneel. They say jones threatens to fire any players that do. 

Yeah I bet he'd get right to cutting Dak Prescott, Tyron Smith, Zack Martin, Ezekiel Elliott, Travis Frederick, etc if they sat or kneeled during the anthem.

58 minutes ago, Titans4Vols said:

Just like the Kaepernick protestors who aren't watching, the people who refuse to watch over this is minimal and will hardly effect the league.

It's hilarious looking at protestors for both sides thinking they're making a difference. NFL is still going to make billions on top of billions and not give a shit what either side thinks.

Why are you bitching about it then? Won't you be able to get cheaper Titans tickets ?