Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ForwardRebels

Ole Miss Mascot Vote, part III

27 posts in this topic

With the Bear having been forced on the Athletics programs by Khayat and his crony, Dan Jones, and what with it having been a failure, th current ASB President has announced a vote for whether or not "Landshark" should replace Rebel Black Bear: http://m.oxfordeagle.com/2017/09/19/ole-miss-officials-say-asb-landshark-vote-advisory-not-binding/

The bull-headed Administration seems to not realize that things forced on the fan base are doomed to failure. It's worth noting the Shark received even less votes than the Bear did in 2010, a vote I took part in and voted with the overwhelming majority for "No mascot". 

Bring this back and I'll become an ole miss fan.

image.jpg

Just the next step in revising/rewriting/reshaping culture to suit the political mores of a progressive ideology. "Rebel bear" was never gonna fly with either side. Soon y'all will be the University of diversity.

You ought to propose a frog in a pot of boiling water. Unfortunately that's what you all have become.

I don't want to be that guy, but I'm not a fan of the colonel.

They are close to getting a really effeminate dog and calling themselves the NCAAs bitch.

5 minutes ago, smokeyone said:

They are close to getting a really effeminate dog and calling themselves the NCAAs bitch.

And changing our school colors to orange? Too late; it's already been taken.

3 hours ago, bbqit said:

While we wait for our outcome of all this why is unlv allowed?

IMG_2671.JPG

yeah,it has to suck to have to give up a tradition.I would hate to have to change our mascot...sucks.

9 hours ago, bbqit said:

Well, when they are finally done with us they will be coming for your statues next

image.jpg

Tennessee 

image.jpgI should be able to like my own post.

Edited by possumslayer

41 minutes ago, possumslayer said:

Tennessee 

image.jpgI should be able to like my own post.

That must be a statue of Chief Squatting Dog

Why was it never purposed to change the image of the Colonel? UNLV is the Running Rebels with a Confederate looking mascot. His look isn't as serious or as military involved as the Colonel. Actually UNLV changed to that mascot years ago it was a dog in kinda the same outfit. I know they're are still college and high school teams that are Rebels everywhere not going through this bullshit.

1 minute ago, PuddingTime said:

2wecbwh.jpg

We need a double like