Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cocky4ever

Mayweather/McGregor will happen(Aug. 26)

38 posts in this topic

https://sports.yahoo.com/floyd-mayweather-conor-mcgregor-fight-finalized-aug-26-205101486.html

Unbeaten boxer Floyd Mayweather will fight UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor in a much-discussed boxing match on Aug. 26 in Las Vegas, a well-placed source told Yahoo Sports on Wednesday

Terms of the deal were not available, but it will either be at the MGM Grand Garden or T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The Nevada Athletic Commission on Wednesday approved the request from Mayweather Promotions to put on a boxing card on Aug. 26 at the MGM Grand. The venue could change, however, to T-Mobile.

The bout will be distributed via Showtime pay-per-view. It will be an entirely boxing card. Mayweather Promotions will be the lead promoter.

It is a stunning development given that Mayweather, the greatest boxer of his era, had said he was retired after compiling a 49-0 pro record from 1996 through 2015. But with a fight which could pay each man in excess of $100 million, he reconsidered.

Neither UFC president Dana White, Mayweather Promotions CEO Leonard Ellerbe or Showtime’s Stephen Espinoza could be reached for comment.

Mayweather is considered the greatest boxer of his generation and among the best of all-time. The fight with McGregor, in addition to paying him in excess of nine figures, will give him the opportunity to improve to 50-0.

I know I should be pumped up about this but I'm sure Mayweather will just dance around and play with McGregor then knock him out when/if he wants. I'll still probably watch for the off chance that McGregor gets lucky and knocks him out.

Mayweather is going to destroy him. This won't be worth the ppv $

can mcgregor  kick him?if not,I'll take the boxer..

On 6/14/2017 at 9:26 PM, L.A.Hog said:

can mcgregor  kick him?if not,I'll take the boxer..

No. There is actually a stipulation in the contract that is Connor kicks him, he gets disqualified and loses his purse from the fight. So you won't be seeing any kicks.

This is going to be a joke. Connor might not hit Floyd at all with the exception of weak jabs that graze. Floyd's 'dancing' (defense) is so perfect that top fighters can't touch him. Connor will be gassed by the 5th rd and Floyd will either KO him early or make him pay for all the shit talking he is going to do between now and fight night. 

Personally I hope Floyd knocks him down once a rd after Connor gets gassed and then KOs him in the 12th. Just to make him suffer and be humiliated for thinking he can step into the ring against the greatest defensive tactician ever just because he can throw hands. This isn't MMA, this is the Sweet Science. It's completely, COMPLETELY different. 

7 hours ago, hog_heaven said:

No. There is actually a stipulation in the contract that is Connor kicks him, he gets disqualified and loses his purse from the fight. So you won't be seeing any kicks.

Natural instincts might kick in...

1 hour ago, possumslayer said:

That's what I was thinking too, but I didn't know he'll lose the money if he does. I'm sure he'll be able to control himself if that's the case. Definitely a disadvantage though because instead of fighting naturally he'll have to constantly remind himself to resist what is natural to him.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????

3 hours ago, possumslayer said:

That instinct might cost him 100s of millions. Hahaha

1 hour ago, cocky4ever said:

That's what I was thinking too, but I didn't know he'll lose the money if he does. I'm sure he'll be able to control himself if that's the case. Definitely a disadvantage though because instead of fighting naturally he'll have to constantly remind himself to resist what is natural to him.

He's talking plenty of shit about how he can knock Floyd out with 'just my hands... I dont need my feet'... So. He can't really use that 'against my nature' excuse IMO

Mayweather in a route.

Son n law did pay per view. Leave in a little over an hour to see a neurologist then I'm being driven to his house. Gonna sit in his den and have a wife and two daughters wait on me. Both son n laws have to get their own shit. 

1 hour ago, bbqit said:

Son n law did pay per view. Leave in a little over an hour to see a neurologist then I'm being driven to his house. Gonna sit in his den and have a wife and two daughters wait on me. Both son n laws have to get their own shit. 

good luck Q'it

I'd like to see McGregor brutalize him but I don't think it's going to happen. Hope I'm wrong.

The whole fight is going to be Floyd dancing around sneaking in punches and Conner being too aggressive and never landing anything.  Boxers who've trained their entire life can't land punches on Floyd. How is Conner supposed to after only 1 year of training. 

Pacquio said Conner wouldn't land a single meaningful punch. 

those boxing gloves really make the brain rattle around in the old head.  mcgregor may be woozy before he knows it.

hope mayweather cleans house.

It's available on Sling for $100.  Fuck that.  Has any boxing PPV been worth the $ since the early 90s?  I'll be in Hilton Head tomorrow, hoping I can find a sports bar thats showing it for free.

6 minutes ago, PuddingTime said:

It's available on Sling for $100.  Fuck that.  Has any boxing PPV been worth the $ since the early 90s?  I'll be in Hilton Head tomorrow, hoping I can find a sports bar thats showing it for free.

You'll probably be able to find a bootlegged stream of it 

I'll be driving back from New Orleans tomorrow night. Hopefully I make it back in time. What time is the fight supposed to start?  They are usually late

14 minutes ago, GoldenRebel said:

You'll probably be able to find a bootlegged stream of it 

I'll be driving back from New Orleans tomorrow night. Hopefully I make it back in time. What time is the fight supposed to start?  They are usually late

LA Times says 8:55p PT so....frickin midnight for me and 11 for you.  

Serious question.... what the fuck are odds?  What does -450 to +325 mean if I bet a $1 on Mayweather?

mayweathermcgregor_aug_24.jpg

18 minutes ago, Noah said:

Serious question.... what the fuck are odds?  What does -450 to +325 mean if I bet a $1 on Mayweather?

mayweathermcgregor_aug_24.jpg

$1 on mayweather is a payout $0.45

$1 on mcgregor is a payout of $3.25