Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Haymaker

your favorite Tide RB during Sabans tenure

14 posts in this topic

my favorite .....by far is Eddie Lacy.  Gosh he was fun to watch and so talented.

a close second was Mark Ingram and alot of the reason I liked them both is they were both passionate guys and so easy to love.

Yeldon would have been a favorite because I loved how fluid he ran but he was a mannequin when it came to emotions.

Ingram - fun to watch and nice dose of humility mixed with his love of the game

Crazy Legs (Drake) and Lacy would be my 2nd and 3rd choices.  

That's a tough one we've been blessed at RB for sure. I have to agree Lacy and Ingram stand out a bit I would probably go with Ingram not taking anything away from Lacy. Ingram had such great balance... I think he'd be one of the best ever in the NFL if not for an injury plague career and maybe on a more running style team. He's done well with the Saints but they use alot of that scat back short passing stuff that doesn't fit his game.

I hear Harris is everything expected gonna be nice to get a look soon.

Lacy

even though he is my favorite I remember scrub time and he fumbled. Richardson and Ingram stood in front of him not allowing any coach to jump his ass on the side line. Classic move by them

It's gotta be Mark Ingram  

_0001.jpg

Pick just one?

Yeldon-SI.jpg

finish_large.jpg

eddie-lacy-vs-notre-damejpg-eaed855acc703ae5.jpg

Cg08vDYUUAAC4vW.jpg

2287accb9934bebb871eff83c9fd55e3.jpg

bdfe2f7e373aca5ce5545f2ea2515645.jpg

87fa618a20d57577b24dd29ce7562b6d.jpg

Ingram. And I'm quite surprised there's no votes for Henry yet. 

Loved Henry and his unique size/speed combo...Plus he was a good guy overall.  Lacy though was so fun to watch, unique running style and him bringing the Chuck foreman spin back was icing on the cake

I love the break out runs.  Derrick Henry at the end of that Arkansas game just blew them away.  Same with TJ Yeldon in the Michigan game.  I think Trent impressed early in that Arkansas game at the top.  I can't wait to see how Najee Harris looks this fall.  Bo Scarbrough trucks people better than Heisman winners Ingram and Henry IMO.  I'm going to go with Bo.  If he gets an entire season as the starter we are golden.

Good post SECorBust!  Scarbrough will have a breakout year in 2017.  This year Alabama will feature more RBs than ever before. Bo Scarbrough, Damien Harris, BJ Emmons, Josh Jacobs and then add freshmen Najee Harris and Brian Robinson.  Najee was ranked the top player in the nation and Robinson is a 4 star from Tuscaloosa.  Oh yeah, Did I mention that last year's leading rushing was the QB, Jalen Hurts.

Just 66 more days until someone says, RUN THE DAMN BALL, DABOLL

RTDB_WhiteonCrimson_BreakingT_shirt_1024x1024.0.jpg

On 6/28/2017 at 1:55 PM, Noah said:

Good post SECorBust!  Scarbrough will have a breakout year in 2017.  This year Alabama will feature more RBs than ever before. Bo Scarbrough, Damien Harris, BJ Emmons, Josh Jacobs and then add freshmen Najee Harris and Brian Robinson.  Najee was ranked the top player in the nation and Robinson is a 4 star from Tuscaloosa.  Oh yeah, Did I mention that last year's leading rushing was the QB, Jalen Hurts.

Just 66 more days until someone says, RUN THE DAMN BALL, DABOLL

RTDB_WhiteonCrimson_BreakingT_shirt_1024x1024.0.jpg

I read this today: http://newarena.com/ncaaf/ranking-the-top-heisman-trophy-candidates-in-2017/17/?amxt=hexagram_organic_2  "...he's arguably the most talented running back to hail from Alabama in the last decade -- a list that includes players such as Derrick Henry and Mark Ingram."

My projected depth chart is :  Bo, Damien, Josh, Najee, BJ, and Brian.  I figured one would have transferred by now.  Do you project BJ above Josh in the lineup?  I like his build, but we haven't seen that much from him yet.  Saban does a great job of keeping his best backs fresh for the end of the season.  It will be interesting to see how the rotation works this year.