Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PuddingTime

2017 NCAA Tournament

434 posts in this topic

Who's watching us crush UVA?

Cal should take some notes. 

3 minutes ago, JoeGator said:

Who's watching us crush UVA?

Cal should take some notes. 

the only notes cal takes is the post it notes he puts on his one and dones to help him figure out who they are...

Just now, L.A.Hog said:

the only notes cal takes is the post it notes he puts on his one and dones to help him figure out who they are...

+10000000

?

I bet he calls them all "man" and "buddy". 

3 minutes ago, JoeGator said:

+10000000

?

I bet he calls them all "man" and "buddy". 

To be honest I think he does remember the names of the guys who play for the name on the back of the jersey; it's the name on the front that he and his players forget so often.

Sweet 16 for a 2nd-year coach; exceeded my expectations already... that was total destruction.

A few notes after the game...

The door is now open for Florida in the East region after blowing out Virginia, 65-39. Gators will be favored against Wisconsin in the Sweet 16, and then will likely face either Duke or Baylor in the Elite Eight. Florida's defense is on another level right now, and the Gators are going to be a threat to keep winning. The loss of John Egbunu is in the past. Mike White has them hitting on all cylinders. - Jeff Borzello

The 39 points scored by Virginia matched the fewest by a major conference team in the NCAA Tournament since 2000 (West Virginia in 2015 and Marquette in 2013). - Adam Reisinger

Per ESPN Stats & Info, Florida's largest NCAA Tourney win over a major conference team was by 26 in 2012 ... against Virginia. - Jeff Borzello

After that last fact, I'd say UVA is now challenging UCLA as the team that most hates UF basketball.

A 26-point win for us and a 25-point upset loss to the underdogs by FSU makes for a pretty nice Saturday.

22 minutes ago, L.A.Hog said:

didn't the acc have 9 teams in this tourney?

Yeah, and 6 of them are already gone; the NCAAT mainstays of DU, UNC, and ACC newcomer UL will have to carry the conference from this point on.

UVA actually had a pretty good record against those big boys in their conference; went 2-0 against UL with wins by 8 and 16 points, went 1-1 against UNC (held UNC to 43 points in the win), and lost their only matchup with DU.

Villanova shitting the bed ate up a bunch of brackets.

Another ACC team down in flames; bet that doesn't help too many brackets either.

Another ACC team, Louisville, just exited the tournament.  Thanks Michigan.

uva was only in it cuz of their Nov-Jan record.

lulvul losing is funny.  its ahame that it wasn't to someone less obnoxious than Michigan. 

8 minutes ago, foxflyer5 said:

uva was only in it cuz of their Nov-Jan record.

lulvul losing is funny.  its ahame that it wasn't to someone less obnoxious than Michigan. 

:lol: Their Nov-Jan record? You mean like virtually the whole season?

They did beat 22-11 VT (who had a better record than Miami) by 23, UL, and UNC in Feb..

1 hour ago, GatorUnvrsty said:

:lol: Their Nov-Jan record? You mean like virtually the whole season?

They did beat 22-11 VT (who had a better record than Miami) by 23, UL, and UNC in Feb..

meaning they tanked In february and were no longer a solid team.  

21 minutes ago, foxflyer5 said:

meaning they tanked In february and were no longer a solid team.  

Pretty solid exaggeration right there; you don't win the games they did in February if you're not a solid team.

As a program they've been a tourney regular for the last 5 years or so; but nice of you to try and downplay UF's effort in sending them packing.

'Grats to the Cats; 2 SEC teams handled their bidness so far... looking for some upsets the rest of the day.

22 minutes ago, GatorUnvrsty said:

seePrettyeration right tthe games they did in February if you're not a solid team.

As a program they've been a tourney regular for the last 5 years or so; but nice of you to try and downplay UF's effort in sending them packing.

I wasnt trying to downplay anything.  6 of their 10 losses before the ncaa came In february/march.  they were not as good as they were at the beginning of the season.  florida dominated em for sure.

18 minutes ago, GatorUnvrsty said:

'Grats to the Cats; 2 SEC teams handled their bidness so far... looking for some upsets the rest of the day.

I was hoping they would lose

3 minutes ago, foxflyer5 said:

I wasnt trying to downplay anything.  6 of their 10 losses before the ncaa came In february/march.  they were not as good as they were at the beginning of the season.  florida dominated em for sure.

Oh I'd agree they weren't as hot coming down the stretch; but they still had some good wins and 5 of those 6 losses were to tournament teams.

ex-tournament teams (wink).

be interesting to see if duke and unc bow out too.

45 minutes ago, GatorUnvrsty said:

Me too. 

I hope @PuddingTime and @UKat have strokes during their Sweet 16 exit. 

27 minutes ago, razorhead said:

I was hoping they would lose

agreed,can't pull for the greaser....

This looks like the 2015 game.... Same type of team, UNC just has better players. Could be a long night. 

Well, Dusty and Moses didn't play their best offensively in the 1st and only down 5 at half. So if they can get it going this 2nd half could be interesting.