Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PuddingTime

2017 NCAA Tournament

434 posts in this topic

Here's our catch all thread for the Big Dance.  Waiting on the B1G and AAC to wrap up before they announce.  I think Kentucky opens as 2 seed v 15 Northern Kentucky.  Florida will get a 4-5,  South Carolina a 7, Arkansas an 8, and Vandy a 10.  Thats my prediction.

Hopefully we can play at Tulsa.Close to home and all..

C6wEITrWYAA4mQE.jpg

Kentucky was the top 2 seed, so naturally they reward us with rematches against UCLA and UNC.

Duke and UNC are close to home, again. Why the bracket, again? I think we have played them in the tourny more times than anyone else.

1 hour ago, Porcine said:

Duke and UNC are close to home, again. Why the bracket, again? I think we have played them in the tourny more times than anyone else.

It really does seem like y'all play Duke an awful lot.  I'll be pullin for you dirty bastards against Carolina no doubt.

3 minutes ago, PuddingTime said:

It really does seem like y'all play Duke an awful lot.  I'll be pullin for you dirty bastards against Carolina no doubt.

South Carolina got a higher seed for some reason and gets Duke on the other side if they both win.

27 minutes ago, Porcine said:

South Carolina got a higher seed for some reason and gets Duke on the other side if they both win.

The committee showed they really value the regular season more.  The brackets were essentially done yesterday.  Calipari called them out on it by going to bat for the SEC and pointing out that some conference tournament titles will move you up 2-3 seed lines (ACC & Duke) whereas others (SEC/Pac 12) apparently dont mean a damn thing to them (see UK amd A&M last year.)  So that being said, Carolina finished ahead of y'all and thats why.  I agree that if the SECT is to have any integrity y'all should have switched seeds.

8 minutes ago, PuddingTime said:

The committee showed they really value the regular season more.  The brackets were essentially done yesterday.  Calipari called them out on it by going to bat for the SEC and pointing out that some conference tournament titles will move you up 2-3 seed lines (ACC & Duke) whereas others (SEC/Pac 12) apparently dont mean a damn thing to them (see UK amd A&M last year.)  So that being said, Carolina finished ahead of y'all and thats why.  I agree that if the SECT is to have any integrity y'all should have switched seeds.

Not to mention locations and matchups they would like to make or avoid.

Also I would prefer the auto bids go to regular season champs, particularly the one bid leagues. For them, the conference tourny games, and money games, are the only ones that matter

If we can make it to Duke in the second round I will be happy.

11 hours ago, Porcine said:

Part of it is we got screwed last season so I'm sure the NCAA gave us a bit of break.  But having Duke in our bracket wasn't too much of a break.

Is there going to be an SECTalk group in the ESPN tourney challenge?

14 minutes ago, BlackSheep 171 said:

Is there going to be an SECTalk group in the ESPN tourney challenge?

I hope so.  I'm in.

Although I am a little salty SC got a 7 seed over us and Im not quite sure how, good luck to guys because you deserved it after getting screwed last year

We're the only SEC team today. 

2:10 CT against East Tennessee State. 

40 minutes ago, JoeGator said:

Go UF.  

I gotta get on the ball. 

I haven't downloaded the application to listen at work

or printed the schedule to see when I should take lunch.

Time to put SEC basketball back on the map fellas. Pullin gor everyone but Kentucky, they can go to hell.

1 hour ago, JoeGator said:

I think Vandy plays today.

14 minutes ago, HmanHunt said:

Time to put SEC basketball back on the map fellas. Pullin gor everyone but Kentucky, they can go to hell.

Same. 

I hope UCLA beats them again. 

5 minutes ago, GAMECOCK_FAN said:

I think Vandy plays today.

Whoops you're right. 

I have a mental block with Vandy, just like our team. 

330pm v Northwestern. 

I originally picked nw to beat vandy but changed it yesterday. So they are sure to lose now. Sorry dores

32 minutes ago, HmanHunt said:

I  think I have all of the sec flaming out except for tucky.

I have Vandy and Carolina in the top 32, UF in the Sweet 16 and UK in the Final 4.

• ConwayGamecock
      She spoke on two separate matters (talking about separation): she talked about the DACA program, or children of immigrant families already in the US who were working, being productive, and forging a path towards citizenship, and then she talked about illegal immigrants who were attempting to cross the borders into our country. As for the latter, she strongly implied policy reform to better reduce illegal immigration, but also stated in this same "town hall" Q&A that the children with the immigrants would be sent back to their families: I don't think she ever said anything about separating children from their families and putting them into detention camps indefinitely, and using the practice as a negotiating tactic to get "others" to the "negotiating table" over an immigration policy that has a "zero tolerance". I mean, what is there to even negotiate about a zero tolerance??
    • AnchorDown
      one win, two if our offense can score enough to match the 50 the defense gives up
    • razorhead
      Got completely wasted in Omaha for no good reason. We should have played
    • CrimsoNation713
      NB4 I'mADumbass says, "I didn't like Hillary"
    • CrimsoNation713
      Go away coward. You have no rights here. You gave them away when you ran into the arms of a tyrant, little boy.  
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      possumslayer
      possumslayer
    2. 2
      smokeyone
      smokeyone
    3. 3
      cocky4ever
      cocky4ever
    4. 4
      nova