Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Haymaker

Bear's great grandson QB in B'ham

5 posts in this topic

and he is only a sophomore in the vid!

http://alabama.247sports.com/Article/Alabama-Crimson-Tide-Football-Recruiting-Bear-Bryant-Great-Grand-51578608

History could come full circle for Alabama, as Paul “Bear” Bryant’s great-grandson, Paul Tyson, is a rising quarterback in the 2019 ranks with the Crimson Tide hot on his trail.

The Hewitt-Trussville signal caller already has celebrity status in the Yellowhammer State, and his recruitment is just getting started.

“Just to have that name under me; it’s an honor to have that be my great-grandfather,” Tyson told BamaOnLine. “It’s awesome. It’s a great thing that I’ll always have in my life. It’s a blessing.

“It’s definitely been something that’s crazy. Some people think I’m automatically going to Alabama. That’s not completely true. I’m just starting the recruiting process and it’s awesome. I’m loving it. People definitely think it’s pretty cool who my great-grandfather is, and often ask me questions about him. It’s a great honor.”

Tyson has more than one story about an overzealous fan learning who his great-grandfather was.

“This one guy had heard or something and he was just sitting next to me and kissed me on the top of the head,” Tyson said laughing. “That was probably the weirdest one.”

Last weekend, Tyson made a return visit to Tuscaloosa for Junior Day.

“It was awesome. A great experience,” he said. “Getting to see the campus and weight room and everything about it. Got to meet Coach (Nick) Saban one-on-one. Got to see all the coaches, Coach (Brent) Key, the new coach, Coach (Brian) Daboll, it was fun.”

Alabama has yet to extend an offer to the Tide legacy, but that doesn’t mean the staff isn’t highly interested.

“I would say mostly the fact that I’m 6-4, 210, pocket passer,” Tyson said of what Bama likes about him. “That’s what they like to do especially with Coach Daboll. He’s been coaching Tom Brady, and I’m just that type of quarterback, a pocket passer, that can drop back and throw it.”

Tyson has been to Alabama home games more often than not growing up, but Saturday marked the first time he’s had a one-on-one with Saban.

“I’ve shook his hand a few times and he’s known who I was, but I’ve never been able to sit down and just kind of me and him and my parents, with him being able to talk to me about watching my film and my size,” Tyson said. “He was talking about character and all that stuff, and telling me how he wants everything to go for next year and stuff.”

Tyson recently transferred to Hewitt-Trussville from Mountain Brook. The Alabama staff would like to see him at camp this summer, as well as watch how he develops and leads his team this fall, before offering.

While an Alabama offer wouldn’t immediately end his recruitment, it’d be a special moment nonetheless.

“That’d just be an honor,” Tyson said. “They’ve always been a good team. That’d be amazing especially with my great-grandfather there. That’d be something special."

Through seven games for Mountain Brook last season, Bryant passed for 1,110 yard and nine touchdowns.

Tyson plans to visit Clemson this weekend. The Tigers, Alabama and Notre Dame are three programs the rising 2019 quarterback indicated are showing the most interest. He plans to attend the Irish’s Junior Day later this spring. Mississippi State and Southern Miss are also interested.

If he impregnates Saban's daughter would it result in the greatest football mind in the history of ever??

10 minutes ago, cocky4ever said:

If he impregnates Saban's daughter would it result in the greatest football mind in the history of ever??

Saban's kids are adopted. 

2 minutes ago, Noah said:

Saban's kids are adopted. 

Biting my lip. Keeping my mouth shut. 

As for the great grandson that is always cool for the university 

My wife's father and his family came from the area that Bear grew up in.These were tough people and many became successful in the jobs they did because they were tough as nails.

Though they are gone now,it was great to hear stories they'd tell of life there.

The great grandson has the blood,but the hard raising can't be given by birth.

We won't see a group of people from places across the country like this again.