Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AUskip07

Auburn Tigers 2017 Recruiting class

12 posts in this topic

Guys decided to take this into the main Auburn forum since no one ever visits the toomers corner group (no auburn fans left) .   Feel free to comment.  Non contributors are exactly that, prospects that either didnt live up to the hype or never produced on the field.   

Non Contributors

???

Recruits

QB  5*  Jarrett Stidham  (JC)

TE  3*  Salvatore Canella (JC)

CB  4*  Malcolm Askew

OL  4*  Nick Brahams

LB  4*  Kenny Britt

LB  3*  Chandler Wooten

QB  3*  Malik Willi

DT 3*  Tashawn Manning

RB 4* Alaric Williams

OT 5* Calvin Ashley

WR 4* Noah Igbinoghene

TE 3* John Samuel Shenker

OL 4*  Austin Troxell

DT 3*  Tyrone Truesdell

RB  4* Devan Barrett

DB  3* Carlito Gonzalez

DB/S  3* Jordyn Peters

LB 4* Tadarian Moultry

PK  Anders Carlson

DL 3*  Alec Jackson

DB 3* Traivon Leonard

ATH 3* Jatarvious Whitlow

DE  4*  Markaviest Bryant

Solid Recruiting class at first glance,  be interesting to see who qualifies and who transfers 

20 minutes ago, AUskip07 said:

Guys decided to take this into the main Auburn forum since no one ever visits the toomers corner group (no auburn fans left) .   Feel free to comment.  Non contributors are exactly that, prospects that either didnt live up to the hype or never produced on the field.   

Non Contributors

???

Recruits

QB  5*  Jarrett Stidham  (JC)

TE  3*  Salvatore Canella (JC)

CB  4*  Malcolm Askew

OL  4*  Nick Brahams

LB  4*  Kenny Britt

LB  3*  Chandler Wooten

QB  3*  Malik Willi

yalls defense was pretty salty this year,do you lose much there?

10 minutes ago, L.A.Hog said:

yalls defense was pretty salty this year,do you lose much there?

Montavious Adams

Carl Lawson

are 2 big starters on the DL  they are leaving a year early for the draft. 

3 minutes ago, AUskip07 said:

Montavious Adams

Carl Lawson

are 2 big starters on the DL  they are leaving a year early for the draft. 

Early departures are are tough on a team.They really hurt us this year...

Losing Lawson and Adams really hurts. Wish them well but got to wonder what the team as a whole would have been like if they would have come back next year. 

Wondering how different the O will be with Stidham coming in next year. You got to think he is the starter at this point. 

13 hours ago, Eaglefan said:

Losing Lawson and Adams really hurts. Wish them well but got to wonder what the team as a whole would have been like if they would have come back next year. 

Wondering how different the O will be with Stidham coming in next year. You got to think he is the starter at this point. 

The inclusion of  an accurate deep ball will be awesome.  with our WR's it should be even better.   Lets hope Gus doesnt coach him out of any win's 

They should have looked at Allen on the benefits of staying and leading a defense, that's disappointing. Won't hear me complain though.

If it wasn't for Stidham I would think Malzahn was coming in on a very hot seat.

32 minutes ago, AUskip07 said:

The inclusion of  an accurate deep ball will be awesome.  with our WR's it should be even better.   Lets hope Gus doesnt coach him out of any win's 

I wouldn't be surprised if malzahn works towards a more passing offense.I think that's his true love.

On 1/6/2017 at 10:29 PM, Tider27 said:

They should have looked at Allen on the benefits of staying and leading a defense, that's disappointing. Won't hear me complain though.

If it wasn't for Stidham I would think Malzahn was coming in on a very hot seat.

Still a very hot seat. You just cant lose so bad in the SEC consistently 

Just added Tashawn Manning   apparently he didnt qualify last year, so he went to Juco route.  

War Eagle!  I haven't been on SEC Talk in a year or two but thought I'd stop in on NSD.  Good to see AUSkip07 still here.

on this AU NSD17 class, I'm liking Stidham coming in at QB with 3 years eligibility left and early enrolled so he practiced during bowl practice and will be fully engaged in the spring.  Between him, White, Franklin and Woody Barrett we should have a great starter with viable options at #2.  Not to mention the first real passing QB at Auburn in a loooong time.

im equally excited at our OL recruits this year.  Two great OTs and another Guard should make Herb Hand happy and help us keep up the running game.

on D, Lawson and Adams will be missed no doubt but we have some great DL recruits over the last few years ready to step in with experience in place so we should be almost as good this year at front 7.  Coach Brown coming in for DBs is huge after McGriff going to ole miss.  The improvement we had last year in pass D should continue.

So hope my AU friends here are doing good and wish you well as we head to spring ball and what I expect will be a much better 2017 on The Plains!

• zartan
      they're in charge, they made the decision you don't like it opinions and feelings
    • zartan
      you seem upset Patricia do you have sore boobies?
    • L.A.Hog
      meh,the dude wanted to start a stereotyping contest,just trying to oblige. Why do you dudes feel the need to gang up on folks.You think the dude is too weak to carry his own weight?
    • smokeyone
      It's not opinion to state that having communist (I.e. Voting for a communist) sympathy is a disqualification for a clearance, a clearance needed to hold a position in the executive branch of government during the 80s. 
    • JoeGator
      I don’t think you watched any of our games. Addazio took an NFL offense and wrecked it. We barely scraped by extremely inferior teams. Warning signs were there all year long. If you see a little kid playing with fire, you don’t just assume they won’t burn themselves until they do.
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      possumslayer
      possumslayer
    2. 2
      bbqit
      bbqit
    3. 3
      smokeyone
      smokeyone
    4. 4
      Rebel WITH a cause