Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Haymaker

Bama's RB's next year

15 posts in this topic

Bama will have 3 RB's next year that were all the #1 RB out of HS......Damian Harris, B.J. Emmons and next year with Najee

Bo Scarbrough was the #1 athlete out of HS

and my favorite, the least heralded out of HS, Josh Jacobs

To me Jacobs looks the most promising I swear he did some Matrix shit on one of those runs against Auburn.

I was having this exact discussion with my Dad and brother last night - oh the "woes" we have,  being the king and all lol.

This is what we call "rich people's problems"

What is truly bizarre is Alabama plays freshmen when they've signed the top recruiting class for the last 7 years.

Holy Cow, Batman!

I just did some math..............if you take out the Ole Miss game where we only won by 5 and the LSU game where we only won by 10, we won by an avg of 32 points every game.

amazing

Can't decide who I like more. Harris has the best vision of any of the RBs, reminds me of Ingram a lot. Jacobs has the elusiveness, 1st guy hardly ever tackles him. Bo's coming out party came against Auburn, and he reminded me of Henry a little. That's not including Emmons who was the best of the bunch coming out of HS. 

And we get Najee?

Someone's transferring out this offseason or the next. There's just no way we keep them all. 

18 hours ago, Haymaker said:

I just did some math..............if you take out the Ole Miss game where we only won by 5 and the LSU game where we only won by 10, we won by an avg of 32 points every game.

amazing

Why the fuck would you take out those two games?

8 hours ago, JoeGator said:

Why the fuck would you take out those two games?

if you understand the difference between a mean vs an average, kinda that sort of thinking

those are the two games we won by the least points..........just shooting the shit otherwise

22 hours ago, nooneLT said:

Can't decide who I like more. Harris has the best vision of any of the RBs, reminds me of Ingram a lot. Jacobs has the elusiveness, 1st guy hardly ever tackles him. Bo's coming out party came against Auburn, and he reminded me of Henry a little. That's not including Emmons who was the best of the bunch coming out of HS. 

And we get Najee?

Someone's transferring out this offseason or the next. There's just no way we keep them all. 

if I'm Saban, heres my pitch to a RB..........."at alabama, you will have much fewer reps meaning less wear & tear and a less of a likliehood that an injury will keep you out of the league, WHILE getting much more publicity than any other joint you go to, PLUS you get the benefit of a doubt by NFL teams because of your pedigree".

also, gotta admit, Im surprised at Bo...........I thought he was gonna be similar to Henry in running style, but apparently he is just a battering ram, not much lateral

51 minutes ago, Haymaker said:

if you understand the a mean vs an average, kinda that sort of thinking

those are the two games we won by the least points..........just shooting the shit otherwise

Lol if we take out the FSU, Arky, and UT games we are undefeated!

4 hours ago, Haymaker said:

also, gotta admit, Im surprised at Bo...........I thought he was gonna be similar to Henry in running style, but apparently he is just a battering ram, not much lateral

I think it is a requirement with the name.

18 hours ago, Haymaker said:

if I'm Saban, heres my pitch to a RB..........."at alabama, you will have much fewer reps meaning less wear & tear and a stronger likliehood that an injury will keep you out of the league, WHILE getting much more publicity than any other joint you go to, PLUS you get the benefit of a doubt by NFL teams because of your pedigree".

EXACTLY WHAT HE SAID....

Average life of an NFL runningback is 5 seasons.  The body can only take so much abuse.   In the perfect world, a team needs 4 RBs averaging 10 carries a game.  Especially since spread teams average 90 plays a game, they need to balance the pass/rush ratio just to not be one dimensional.

I think the rb avg is more like 3 yrs....Imma look for that