Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Haymaker

Beckham Jr. knows his stuff

7 posts in this topic

I will always remember him for the way his mother acted when he chose Bama at the Under Armor game.  It is amazing these days watching NFL games how many Bama players are on the field and alot of them being some of the best on the team. Kirkpatrick also had a pretty good game on the other side of the ball but the Giants DL was just to much for the Bengals.

He was a nightmare in coverage last year, so as a Giants fan his significant improvement is a very welcome surprise.

(The surprise being he's already improved this much.  I figured he'd be good eventually but it was gonna take til at least year 3.)

He wasn't the greatest at pass coverage at Bama either, but he can bring the boom. So the fact that he's improved speaks volumes to his work ethic

18 hours ago, OmahaBound said:

He was a nightmare in coverage last year, so as a Giants fan his significant improvement is a very welcome surprise.

(The surprise being he's already improved this much.  I figured he'd be good eventually but it was gonna take til at least year 3.)

he leads the team this year in tackles, interceptions, and sacks...........and last year he was prolly the 4th best player on the entire team

59 minutes ago, Haymaker said:

....and last year he was prolly the 4th best player on the entire team

On the defense maybe.  That wasn't saying much.  

Out of 87 NFL safeties, he was statistically ranked #77 by Pro Football Focus...and I think last in pass coverage

Fanbase didn't hold it against him.   The whole defense sucked, so no one's going to be mad at a rookie's struggles. 

I couldn't find this year's in-season rankings, but he's probably worked himself into a top 20 safety already....and the last month probably top 10.  Hopefully he keeps it up and the Giants have a strong safety locked in for awhile.

I think the Dak Prescott quote this year was better.

When rookie Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott lined up against the Bengals on Sunday, he took one from linebacker Vontaze Burfict.

Burfict is known around the NFL for his issues with personal fouls and giving out punishing blows, but Prescott is familiar with those types of hits.

"What about Vontaze Burfict's hit?"

Dak: "I played in the SEC against Alabama."