TrueGCFan

President Trump

15,540 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, L.A.Hog said:

If we teach our kids to defend themselves,give them self confidence,then maybe they would open a can of whoop ass instead of shooting up the place.

I'd rather my kid get expelled for a few days for fighting than to lose them to prison and carry the weight of dead people on my shoulders due to my incompetence as a parent.

When kids stand up for themselves they put a stop to the bullying crap...

Shooting up a bunch of folks is chicken shit action...

This one was over a girl that got tired of saying no and embarrassed him.

11 minutes ago, possumslayer said:

This one was over a girl that got tired of saying no and embarrassed him.

The boy should of got some pride about himself and moved on.Teaching coping skills to a kid ain't that damn hard...

Just now, possumslayer said:

I'm all for bringing everything out in the open and getting to the crux of this investigation.
I think this thing will be ongoing for quite a while longer though.Seems like all other presidential investigations,"witch hunts", lasted much longer than this one has.It's just that trump really wants this one to go away really bigly...I wonder why????

The hurt dog always yelps....

2 hours ago, L.A.Hog said:

I'm all for bringing everything out in the open and getting to the crux of this investigation.
I think this thing will be ongoing for quite a while longer though.Seems like all other presidential investigations,"witch hunts", lasted much longer than this one has.It's just that trump really wants this one to go away really bigly...I wonder why????

Yep that's it. You nailed it...

is there a sarcasm icon?

13 hours ago, possumslayer said:

How will you force the mentally ill to take their meds? Can we lock em up?

Again, the suggestion appears to be that only perfect solutions may be offered.  

36 minutes ago, smokeyone said:

is there a sarcasm icon?

nope,but I understand very well why you would post that.

Edited by L.A.Hog

8 hours ago, jthomas666 said:

It’s a fucking mess..

9 hours ago, jthomas666 said:

Short of that what's the point? Parkland shooter spent years in treatment, was turned in to multiple levels of authorities as dangerous including specific threats to the school and was ignored and shot up a school. Outpatient treatment failed to address the issue. You claim to wish the issue addressed but balk at armed teachers and involuntary institutionalized treatment. 

9 hours ago, L.A.Hog said:

nope,but I understand very well why you would post that.

I doubt it.

China blinked, Trump keeps winning.

3 hours ago, smokeyone said:

I doubt it.

Of course you would...

13 hours ago, smokeyone said:

Yep that's it. You nailed it...

is there a sarcasm icon?

🙈🙉🙊

18 hours ago, L.A.Hog said:

so lets say the whole world calls you a pedophile when you arent and its in the news, on t.v., etc...............you wouldnt yelp?

quit saying dumb shit

2 minutes ago, Haymaker said:

so lets say the whole world calls you a pedophile when you arent and its in the news, on t.v., etc...............you wouldnt yelp?

quit saying dumb shit

If you walk like duck and quack like a duck then simply embrace what you are.

7 minutes ago, Noah said:

If you walk like duck and quack like a duck then simply embrace what you are.

Trump has embraced what he is..... an arrogant asshole. That’s why he doesn’t back down and never apologizes. That doesn’t mean he colluded with Russia/obstructed Justice/is literally Hitler/is a fascist or whatever else you’re throwing at him this week in the hopes that something will eventually stick.

16 hours ago, L.A.Hog said:

The boy should of got some pride about himself and moved on.Teaching coping skills to a kid ain't that damn hard...

I think that's the ultimate root cause of all of this.  We're treating adolescents as children for far longer and not teaching them how to "adult."  

31 minutes ago, Haymaker said:

quit saying dumb shit

Speaking of saying dumb shit

On 5/19/2018 at 6:54 PM, jthomas666 said:

Would anyone stand for something like making mental health a higher priority item? Supporting increased coverage for mental health treatment?

Liberals complained that the mentally ill were incarcerated without committing a crime. They sued and won. So the states emptied the asylums. Many of the former patients became Urban Outdoorsmen. What did the libs do? They complained about the plight of the homeless which they created.

Edited by Herchel

6 hours ago, smokeyone said:

Short of that what's the point? 

You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?

Unless the solution is perfect, what's the point?!?!?

I'll give you thins--it's a wonderful philosophy if you want to sit on your ass and do nothing.

37 minutes ago, Herchel said:

Liberals complained that the mentally ill were incarcerated without committing a crime. They sued and won. So the states emptied the asylums. Many of the former patients became Urban Outdoorsmen. What did the libs do? They complained about the plight of the homeless which they created.

Essentially.  Now we wait till they hurt someone and warehouse them in prisons.  So much better...

5 minutes ago, jthomas666 said:

You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?

Unless the solution is perfect, what's the point?!?!?

I'll give you thins--it's a wonderful philosophy if you want to sit on your ass and do nothing.

Quoting you earlier....

I would be fine with that stance--if they actually did something to address mental illness. 

What solutions do you propose that are not already being done and by what mechanism will they work?  Every "proposal" I've heard is either something we're already doing or something that's already proven not to work.  

I don't think it's too much to ask to answer those two questions before we shoot off down the good idea highway.  Figure out where we're going and how to get there before slamming on the gas and shooting off cliff that we paid no attention to...