Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PuddingTime

It's offically basketball season

927 posts in this topic

Eagerly awaiting November 10...

Buckle up

Auburn is legitimately 10 deep this year and only one of those 10 is a senior. 3 freshman and 2 sophomores starting with a top 5 class coming in next year. We have finally arrived.

On 11/7/2016 at 11:51 PM, UAdan said:

Eagerly awaiting November 10...

Buckle up

Congrats on John Petty btw.  

This Gator crowd is absolutely pathetic....we have bigger crowds for middle school basketball here lol

1 hour ago, PuddingTime said:

This Gator crowd is absolutely pathetic....we have bigger crowds for middle school basketball here lol

I know this is hard to understand given where you're from, but outside of a select few places(Kentucky, Duke, UNC, schools like that), most people don't give a shit about college basketball until conference tourneys at the earliest, but usually not until march madness. Take all the pride you want in Kentucky's basketball program cause it's great, but don't expect most people to give 2 fucks about college bball until it gets a lot closer to March.

Vols play Appalachia st tomorrow.....ot game 

9 hours ago, PuddingTime said:

Uummm, you're aware our first 2 games were at a tourney in Jax, right? Our O'Dome renovation isn't done yet and we won't be playing a home game until Dec. 21st.

Our next games will be in Lakeland, Tampa, Orlando (3 games), Jax again, New York, Tallahassee, and Sunrise.

We won't ever be breaking any attendance records; but we definitely won't have 10,000+ at games in other cities before football season is even over.

The way you feel about our basketball program is kind of how we and most of the rest of the conference feels about your football program. The difference is we actually still have titles in our 2nd most important sport, and UK is unlikely to ever win one in theirs.

I see Cal is still using the UF coaches to evaluate players then sweeping in with bags of cash at the last minute. 

I would be embarrassed to have such a fraud as my coach. 

3 hours ago, GatorUnvrsty said:

Uummm, you're aware our first 2 games were at a tourney in Jax, right? Our O'Dome renovation isn't done yet and we won't be playing a home game until Dec. 21st.

Our next games will be in Lakeland, Tampa, Orlando (3 games), Jax again, New York, Tallahassee, and Sunrise.

We won't ever be breaking any attendance records; but we definitely won't have 10,000+ at games in other cities before football season is even over.

The way you feel about our basketball program is kind of how we and most of the rest of the conference feels about your football program. The difference is we actually still have titles in our 2nd most important sport, and UK is unlikely to ever win one in theirs.

Well thats just a flat out bullshit excuse.  Kentucky fans manage to fill up Commonwealth and Rupp when the seasons overlap every year.  Tryng to justify shitty fandom because of an hour-hour and a half drive?  What a fucking joke y'all are. 

Y'all are a bandwagon fanbase exactly like I said all these yeara.  Y'all wanted to act kike you could be our peer...I remember all the posts about how we were done and the SEC was Floridas and all the other ignorant bullshit y'all posted when Billy D was there.  Well....I told you so...y'all back to your place exactly as I said you'd be and your shit fans would quit pretending they care exactly like I said they wouod.

Oh no I might have to drive an hour  to Cincinnati to watch UK in a tournament and then come back to Lexington to watxh a football gamr the next day!?!?! The horror!

Florida sucks

Edited by PuddingTime

12 hours ago, Titans4Vols said:

I know this is hard to understand given where you're from, but outside of a select few places(Kentucky, Duke, UNC, schools like that), most people don't give a shit about college basketball until conference tourneys at the earliest, but usually not until march madness. Take all the pride you want in Kentucky's basketball program cause it's great, but don't expect most people to give 2 fucks about college bball until it gets a lot closer to March.

Sit down Tennessee...y'all are good at literally nothing.  You're mediocre at the one the sport you care about.  Will Fat Phil be welcomed back for the 20 year reunion?

1 hour ago, JoeGator said:

I see Cal is still using the UF coaches to evaluate players then sweeping in with bags of cash at the last minute. 

I would be embarrassed to have such a fraud as my coach. 

Sad-Urban-7.jpg

1 minute ago, PuddingTime said:

Well thats just a flat out bullshit excuse.  Kentucky fans manage to fill up Commonwealth and Rupp when the seasons overlap every year.  Tryng to justify shitty fandom because of an hour-hour and a half drive?  What a fucking joke y'all are. 

Oh no I might have to drive an hour  to Cincinnati to watch UK in a tournament and then come back!?!?! 

I don't see an excuse anywhere; fans aren't driving to most of those places to watch basketball... simple as that. In the South, and the SEC in particular, basketball is the ginger step-child; it's a good distraction when football is over, but until then most of us couldn't care less.

I merely pointed out that home games will be far more populated once the team actually has a home; judging fan enthusiasm based on attendance at venues an hour and half away means nothing and is kind of stupid.

Just like attendance numbers in football are only really important if they're home field numbers; nobody ever notes or talks about how many fans showed up at away events... because it's already understood the numbers are typically going to be small and insignificant.

It's not that Gators aren't fans of their team; like most folks down here, they just aren't fans of the sport itself, so they're more likely to watch at home if they watch at all. If we put 10-12,000 in the seats at home I consider that a good crowd.

It's kind of along the same lines as that 60,000 seat joke you call a football stadium. Not only doesn't it have SEC caliber capacity, y'all don't even fill it up anyway. UK is averaging 54,425 folks per game, which translates to 89.22% of capacity... don't think y'all have any room to criticize away game basketball attendance when you don't even fill your own lame home football stadium every week. There are only 2 SEC programs with worse attendance numbers than UK; Mizzou and VU. Talk about a fucking joke; that's UK football in a nutshell.

1 hour ago, Rebel WITH a cause said:

I'd be embarrassed if we had a consistent winning basketball coach too.

I guess we could go back and look but his teams have been criminally overrated every season, save 1. 

1 hour ago, GatorUnvrsty said:

I don't see an excuse anywhere; fans aren't driving to most of those places to watch basketball... simple as that. In the South, and the SEC in particular, basketball is the ginger step-child; it's a good distraction when football is over, but until then most of us couldn't care less.

I merely pointed out that home games will be far more populated once the team actually has a home; judging fan enthusiasm based on attendance at venues an hour and half away means nothing and is kind of stupid.

Just like attendance numbers in football are only really important if they're home field numbers; nobody ever notes or talks about how many fans showed up at away events... because it's already understood the numbers are typically going to be small and insignificant.

It's not that Gators aren't fans of their team; like most folks down here, they just aren't fans of the sport itself, so they're more likely to watch at home if they watch at all. If we put 10-12,000 in the seats at home I consider that a good crowd.

It's kind of along the same lines as that 60,000 seat joke you call a football stadium. Not only doesn't it have SEC caliber capacity, y'all don't even fill it up anyway. UK is averaging 54,425 folks per game, which translates to 89.22% of capacity... don't think y'all have any room to criticize away game basketball attendance when you don't even fill your own lame home football stadium every week. There are only 2 SEC programs with worse attendance numbers than UK; Mizzou and VU. Talk about a fucking joke; that's UK football in a nutshell.

Kentucky was 27th in the country in football attendance last year...thats not where the top SEC football programs sit but that puts us ahead of a large number of football schools and its impressove considering the product on the field.

Again, its hardly a valid argument rhag "well we just dont care enough so it doesnt matter" when the away game is an hour away, in state, and with a large alumni base who live right there in Jacksonville.  The crowd was fucking pathetic, just admit it.

Why can't you just admit that people dont give a shit about regular season shootyhoops?

2 hours ago, PuddingTime said:

Sit down Tennessee...y'all are good at literally nothing.  You're mediocre at the one the sport you care about.  Will Fat Phil be welcomed back for the 20 year reunion?

What does Tennessee being good at football or not have to do with what I said?

Kentucky was 27th in the country in football attendance last year...thats not where the top SEC football programs sit but that puts us ahead of a large number of football schools and its impressove considering the product on the field.

Again, its hardly a valid argument rhag "well we just dont care enough so it doesnt matter" when the away game is an hour away, in state, and with a large alumni base who live right there in Jacksonville.  The crowd was fucking pathetic, just admit it.

It drives you crazy that we are good at everything and UK is just sometimes good at 1 thing. 

We interrupt this pissing contest to bring you this special announcement:

The Hawgs look pretty good this year.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled slapfight.

So, John fox is coaching app st now....

17 hours ago, Coqui said:

Why can't you just admit that people dont give a shit about regular season shootyhoops?

Because they do...its just y'all dont because your teams suck and then you try to justify it with that bunk argument and being shitty fanbases and not showing up.  I'll bet Arkansas' doesnt look like that.

Edited by PuddingTime

16 hours ago, JoeGator said:

It drives you crazy that we are good at everything and UK is just sometimes good at 1 thing. 

Kentucky is good at almost everything we compete in.  Swimming and diving, football are ones we're meh at I believe.  When you're as ridiculous at basketball as we are thats all anyone sees.

Kentucky is good at almost everything we compete in.  Swimming and diving, football are ones we're meh at I believe.  When you're as ridiculous at basketball as we are thats all anyone sees.

Your posts are way calmer first thing in the morning. 

1 hour ago, JoeGator said:

Your posts are way calmer first thing in the morning. 

I don't drink in the mornings.  Call me old fashioned.  Or pour me one.

Edited by PuddingTime