Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ForwardRebels

Matt Luke

29 posts in this topic

Still needs to have been fired yesterday. I do not understand our fanbase sometimes. 

/A portion of the fanbase wages a long-winded campaign to restore the state flag to flying on campus and a portion smuggles in small state flags into stadium

/Very few have actively campaigned nearly as hard to get the most worthless OL coach in all of college football fired, all because "he played here and is a nice guy"

I don't give a damn that he is supposedly a nice guy, nor does it make a difference to me that he played at Ole Miss. The man is incapable of teaching even the most fundamental basics to his offensive linemen. There is a reason why Chad Kelly has to pass 65 out of 88 plays a game. The offensive linemen cannot run block worth a damn. They have no technique, step with the wrong foot first when blocking, etc. 

He is a leech on the payroll and is only on staff because he played at OM. He is a worthless parvenu, a lazybones and a fat degenerate.

Enough is enough, Reverend Bucky; fire Matt Luke. 

1 hour ago, ForwardRebels said:

Still needs to have been fired yesterday. I do not understand our fanbase sometimes. 

/A portion of the fanbase wages a long-winded campaign to restore the state flag to flying on campus and a portion smuggles in small state flags into stadium

/Very few have actively campaigned nearly as hard to get the most worthless OL coach in all of college football fired, all because "he played here and is a nice guy"

I don't give a damn that he is supposedly a nice guy, nor does it make a difference to me that he played at Ole Miss. The man is incapable of teaching even the most fundamental basics to his offensive linemen. There is a reason why Chad Kelly has to pass 65 out of 88 plays a game. The offensive linemen cannot run block worth a damn. They have no technique, step with the wrong foot first when blocking, etc. 

He is a leech on the payroll and is only on staff because he played at OM. He is a worthless parvenu, a lazybones and a fat degenerate.

Enough is enough, Reverend Bucky; fire Matt Luke. 

No batoon? I'm disappoint 

I don't care if we fly the flag or not. I see both angles. Yes it should be changed. But until that day shouldnt a state public university be required to fly the state flag? Or no? IDK. Or care  

I miss the university that I enrolled into 10 years ago. Before everyone became a titty baby with an whiny opinion. That place was special. That place has heart. That place was a community. The place we walk around today possesses none of that. Cookie Cutter U

Edited by GoldenRebel

21 hours ago, GoldenRebel said:

No batoon? I'm disappoint 

I don't care if we fly the flag or not. I see both angles. Yes it should be changed. But until that day shouldnt a state public university be required to fly the state flag? Or no? IDK. Or care  

I miss the university that I enrolled into 10 years ago. Before everyone became a titty baby with an whiny opinion. That place was special. That place has heart. That place was a community. The place we walk around today possesses none of that. Cookie Cutter U

Absolutely agreed on your last paragraph. In the short time of 3 years since I graduated, so damn much has changed, and not for the better, imo. Well put. 

I brought up the state flag issue simply because it's the current burning issue amongst the terdishuns crowd. 

If there is an issue that I could see uniting the fanbase, it's the establishment of a damn good running game and not running the risk of having the QB murdered every pass play. 

Yet this hasn't happened, and it baffles me as to why not. 

Too many followers and conformists, imo, and not enough leaders maybe? 

Once again, Luke's deficiencies were televised for the world to see. 

Get that fawking bum out of Oxford. 

If Freeze won't get rid of him, get rid of his ass too. I've gotten that militant about the continually deteriorating situation. Once Kelly gets hurt, this season will be done for. Once the NCAA bites us in the offseason, we'll be done for for 2-3 seasons. 

GTFO LUKE, GTFO!!!

ETA: I am also getting quite tired of the sunshine-pumping from The Propaganda Machine. No one gives a shite about pleasantries such as today being "Bid Day" or that "Engram is the best TE in the country". We have more pressing matters that need dealing with, and denial ain't going to cut it. 

Edited by ForwardRebels
Anger at sunshine-pumping

On 10/17/2016 at 10:46 AM, GoldenRebel said:

@bbqit @ForwardRebels  they are supposedly opening a does in my hometown. Pretty pumped about this

not many of the branches have stayed open. i hope this one makes it. 

2 hours ago, bbqit said:

not many of the branches have stayed open. i hope this one makes it. 

We'll see. There's not much else to eat around. A couple catfish and Mexican places and a bbq place. 

I'm happy about the win yesterday, but Luke and Wommack still need to GTFO. 

13 hours ago, ForwardRebels said:

Here's to Matt Luke, who made the Vandy defense look like the gotdamn Iron Curtain:

NERDS!

That was our worst game since nutt

I have cut off all of my donations to the program after hearing Bucky describe Luke "as a bedrock of the program". Clearly Rev. Beaver is on drugs. 

Not excited about Wesley McGriff's return either, nor Longo's arrival. 

We'll be lucky to win 3 games next year. 

33 minutes ago, ForwardRebels said:

I have cut off all of my donations to the program after hearing Bucky describe Luke "as a bedrock of the program". Clearly Rev. Beaver is on drugs. 

Not excited about Wesley McGriff's return either, nor Longo's arrival. 

We'll be lucky to win 3 games next year. 

The fact that there was talk about Luke being OC was enough for me

Well, it's not my paycheck on the line. It's freezes. That is a salary I would protect best I could. Hope he knows what he is doing. 

1 hour ago, bbqit said:

Well, it's not my paycheck on the line. It's freezes. That is a salary I would protect best I could. Hope he knows what he is doing. 

I don't think freeze knows what he's doing or how to manage people. His inexperience has shown several times now. I have no doubt that he will be a great coach one day but enduring some of these learning curves is annoying. Plus he doesn't have many connections in the coaching world due to his background which has hurt us some

27 minutes ago, GoldenRebel said:

I don't think freeze knows what he's doing or how to manage people. His inexperience has shown several times now. I have no doubt that he will be a great coach one day but enduring some of these learning curves is annoying. Plus he doesn't have many connections in the coaching world due to his background which has hurt us some

That is exactly why I'm trying to be patient. I know talking about Saban retiring is kinda silly but he is a bit older than Freeze. Let him learn now and hope he shines when saban does move on. 

6 hours ago, bbqit said:

That is exactly why I'm trying to be patient. I know talking about Saban retiring is kinda silly but he is a bit older than Freeze. Let him learn now and hope he shines when saban does move on. 

heck,he's beaten Saban twice,he needs to learn to finish against the rest...

Just now, L.A.Hog said:

heck,he's beaten Saban twice,he needs to learn to finish against the rest...

Back when we hired him I knew there was to be a learning curve. Never know if you can hang in there with them if it starts taking a long time but if you believe he has possibilities you stay with him till it hurts. Last year was down year. That sure beats what a down year used to be. In other words it hasn't hurt me yet. Also look at some great coaches. Many had that learning curve to deal with too. I'm willing to be patient. 

2 minutes ago, bbqit said:

Back when we hired him I knew there was to be a learning curve. Never know if you can hang in there with them if it starts taking a long time but if you believe he has possibilities you stay with him till it hurts. Last year was down year. That sure beats what a down year used to be. In other words it hasn't hurt me yet. Also look at some great coaches. Many had that learning curve to deal with too. I'm willing to be patient. 

If Freeze comes out of this ncaa crap unscathed,yall would be crazy to even think about getting rid of him.

Just now, L.A.Hog said:

If Freeze comes out of this ncaa crap unscathed,yall would be crazy to even think about getting rid of him.

It was also a time for a change in assistants anyway.  When freeze came we were fresh off 2-10, only 50 scholarship players and half of those were about to flunk out. I really wasn't sure we would even field a team having to forfeit all 12 games. Dumpster fire if there ever was one. They done ok so far but back then it took some begging just to get assistants. Now hiring those who seem to be young and had some past success is the next step. 

When Luke takes over as HC for the first 6 games of the season, I am not going to acknowledge that Ole Miss football even exists during that time frame. I will talk about OM baseball, AK's struggles in basketball, or anything else, but Luke being an acting HC is a mortal sin, in my eyes. 

#NeverLuke

On 3/2/2017 at 11:13 AM, ForwardRebels said:

When Luke takes over as HC for the first 6 games of the season, I am not going to acknowledge that Ole Miss football even exists during that time frame. I will talk about OM baseball, AK's struggles in basketball, or anything else, but Luke being an acting HC is a mortal sin, in my eyes. 

#NeverLuke

Sticking to this plan, btw. :cheers2:

For Luke to get the job he must

Have a winning season 7-6

Beat Lsu, Ark and Msu

Be competitive with Ala

Not many in his position has won the job. It's one of the hardest things to do. As he said he gets to audition for the job. Head coaches will tell you that you lose a few fan's support almost every game you play. I wish Luke the best of luck cause if he pulls this off he will be a good coach. Just don't see it. 

We were lucky to beat UT Martin. Defense is still atrocious. Offensive line (been primarily coached by Luke) is nonexistent, and by extension, running game is nonexistent. 

Heard some fans talking shit to some Skybird fans and told them they need to STFU, as we just got win #2 of 3. 

All is lost for this season. Utterly and hopelessly lost. 

Edited by ForwardRebels