Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jthomas666

Blake Barnett Transferring

26 posts in this topic

And has already left the team.

I expected the transfer, but leaving the team at this point in the season is kind of a dick move.  Particularly since he's an injury away from being the starter. On the plus side, it will make it a lot easier for us to hang on to Tua.

42 minutes ago, bbqit said:

Hmmmm? Just what ark needs? 

We've got a California guy,can't learn the play book yet.... so no thanks..

He'll go to UCLA. Watercrest sammich eatin, bitch. He had the pouty face on the sideline Saturday. Hurts is an athlete.  Barnette is not a duel threat QB. He can't run.

AT ALL

He looked terrible everytime I saw him play.  Looks like a softie that needs to play in west coast system 

9 hours ago, L.A.Hog said:

We've got a California guy,can't learn the play book yet.... so no thanks..

Naw, I was referring to locker room unhappiness 

Meh, he's a more accurate passer than Hurts but nowhere near as composed. But he was solidly the backup. Doesn't make sense to transfer in the middle of the year. 

1 hour ago, nooneLT said:

Meh, he's a more accurate passer than Hurts but nowhere near as composed. But he was solidly the backup. Doesn't make sense to transfer in the middle of the year. 

There are five pac12 schools he can transfer to and still use this year for his sit out year. Ucla Stanford Oregon Oregon st and Washington. Something to do with their trimester style of yearly classes 

45 minutes ago, bbqit said:

There are five pac12 schools he can transfer to and still use this year for his sit out year. Ucla Stanford Oregon Oregon st and Washington. Something to do with their trimester style of yearly classes 

He still has to sit out a full calendar year, so even he transferred yesterday he wouldn't be able to play until week 5 with his new team. Even if he goes to JuCo.

2 minutes ago, nooneLT said:

He still has to sit out a full calendar year, so even he transferred yesterday he wouldn't be able to play until week 5 with his new team. Even if he goes to JuCo.

Nope. Heard nuehissel talking about it this morning. Schools with that style of scheduling he would only miss the 2016 football season. Yet they are also saying saban is fighting transfer again and he has only two weeks to get it done so it works out that way

1 hour ago, bbqit said:

Nope. Heard nuehissel talking about it this morning. Schools with that style of scheduling he would only miss the 2016 football season. Yet they are also saying saban is fighting transfer again and he has only two weeks to get it done so it works out that way

It'd be nice to have a quality backup QB to pair with our running QB on our trip to the playoffs.  I mean what QB doesn't need another NC ring?  He is a little spoiled.  It's in the team's best interests for him to stay.  Saban has worked to develop him and get him quality game reps.

5 minutes ago, SECorBust said:

It'd be nice to have a quality backup QB to pair with our running QB on our trip to the playoffs.  I mean what QB doesn't need another NC ring?  He is a little spoiled.  It's in the team's best interests for him to stay.  Saban has worked to develop him and get him quality game reps.

Agree with all that but like McElroy said with all the money pumped into the kid's development since Jr high parents want to see the kid play. Promises are always made during recruiting so they have pt expectations. 

1 minute ago, bbqit said:

Agree with all that but like McElroy said with all the money pumped into the kid's development since Jr high parents want to see the kid play. Promises are always made during recruiting so they have pt expectations. 

I can't blame Blake.  Jalen is the real deal.  If Ole Miss didn't rattle him nothing will.  Watch the other QBs quit too.

Just now, Noah said:

I can't blame Blake.  Jalen is the real deal.  If Ole Miss didn't rattle him nothing will.  Watch the other QBs quit too.

May have to keep a pretty good 3* qb on team just for back up

9 minutes ago, bbqit said:

May have to keep a pretty good 3* qb on team just for back up

All we got is a couple of 4 stars left.

Qb is probably the hardest position to get playing time in for the back ups. Things like this don't surprise me

I don't blame qbs for transferring. We had a kid transfer to grambling and he's putting up video game numbers for them. Bet he's havinv more fun there than riding our bench 

6 hours ago, JoeGator said:

Them Cali boys never make it in the SEC. 

Casey Clausen was really good, tough as nails too.

But the exception, not the rule.

6 hours ago, bbqit said:

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2016/09/why_blake_barnett_chose_to_lea.html#incart_big-photo

Barnett will be eligible to play at another FBS school after the fourth game of next season as long as he completes an average of 12 hours of transferrable degree credits per term at the junior college, earns at least a 2.5 GPA in those courses and graduates from the junior college, according to NCAA Bylaw 14.5.6.

In other words, Neuheisel doesn't know s**t. 

40 minutes ago, nooneLT said:

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2016/09/why_blake_barnett_chose_to_lea.html#incart_big-photo

Barnett will be eligible to play at another FBS school after the fourth game of next season as long as he completes an average of 12 hours of transferrable degree credits per term at the junior college, earns at least a 2.5 GPA in those courses and graduates from the junior college, according to NCAA Bylaw 14.5.6.

In other words, Neuheisel doesn't know s**t. 

That is exactly right for those schools. Now go look at the others I mentioned. He coached at two of them. He should know something