Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JoeGator

Stricklin to Florida?

50 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, JoeGator said:

Rumors are pretty strong today that he's going to replace Foley. 

From what I've heard he rejected Florida's first offer and Florida countered.  I expect it to happen.  You can't turn down that opportunity when you are at MSU.  No disrespect to State but Florida is a top notch job with talent and donors out the ass

I don't know. If I were an actual fan of the school I worked for I could maybe turn it down. 

But I would love the hire. 

He's a great mix of business savvy and donor  schmoozer with the ability to see the differences of running a for profit yet wide scale athletic department. 

11 minutes ago, JoeGator said:

I don't know. If I were an actual fan of the school I worked for I could maybe turn it down. 

But I would love the hire. 

He's a great mix of business savvy and donor  schmoozer with the ability to see the differences of running a for profit yet wide scale athletic department. 

The only negative I've ever heard is that he's heavily involved in the political circle and evidently wants to run for public office one day.  There were rumors at one point he may run for governor.   But who knows if any of that's true.  Just work water cooler type talk.  But that may impact his decision if true

He's done a really good job at State.  He took some fire over the state flag issue last year when he decided to be the only public university in the state to fly the flag.  They removed it last month.  

Heard the same thing as GR yesterday. The radio said he's the frontrunner, if not the only runner.

Figger they'll come back with a better offer and he will bolt.

Wouldn't blame him. Hard to pass up top tier $$$ and opportunity.

He was Associate AD Here for awhile, I believe he worked for Baylor and Auburn too at some point.   He knows the region for sure.

Does this mean that UF will hire Mullen in a few years when McElwain doesn't work out??

It means we're not going full retard and hiring a former head coach or a Fortune 500 CEO. 

9 minutes ago, cocky4ever said:

Does this mean that UF will hire Mullen in a few years when McElwain doesn't work out??

when? Nah his s**ttalking of UT buys him another full season. 

2 minutes ago, JoeGator said:

when? Nah his s**ttalking of UT buys him another full season. 

So UF is officially at the point where simply beating UT means practically nothing? Must be a good view there. 

27 minutes ago, cocky4ever said:

I'm more worried about Ben Howland.

18 minutes ago, cocky4ever said:

So UF is officially at the point where simply beating UT means practically nothing? Must be a good view there. 

Only if UT fans are reading. 

They are Vandy to us. 

11/12 in a row, 24 of the last 30. 

Unless the money is just ridiculous, I think it makes more sense to stay. He's a Mississippi guy. He's actually loved by the majority of the fan-base. Can't say that about many AD's. If he goes to Florida and doesn't succeed soon, he's back at square one. Already has a great thing going.

On 9/22/2016 at 0:12 PM, Weston M said:

Unless the money is just ridiculous, I think it makes more sense to stay. He's a Mississippi guy. He's actually loved by the majority of the fan-base. Can't say that about many AD's. If he goes to Florida and doesn't succeed soon, he's back at square one. Already has a great thing going.

Idk. I'd leave. Florida is a top 5 athletic program and possibly the best overall in the entire country. Id take the money and donate some of it back to #OurState. 

Can't let emotion get in the way of bidness.

On September 22, 2016 at 8:45 AM, JoeGator said:

Only if UT fans are reading. 

They are Vandy to us. 

11/12 in a row, 24 of the last 30. 

Ha Ha

1 minute ago, bbqit said:

Mullens to Lsu?

Then Miles to State. Not that he would even want it, but that would be lulz galore for awhile...

1 minute ago, dawgbit said:

Then Miles to State. Not that he would even want it, but that would be lulz galore for awhile...

Heard McElroy say it on radio on way to work this morning

14 hours ago, smokeyone said:

Ha Ha

23 of the last 30.

Congrats, you're still our bitch.

Solid hire.  It will be interesting to see if he can do as good a Foley.

One thing for sure I'm happy about is I don't have to watch an opposing AD act like a donkey during a football game.

12 minutes ago, TrueGCFan said:

Solid hire.  It will be interesting to see if he can do as good a Foley.

One thing for sure I'm happy about is I don't have to watch an opposing AD act like a donkey during a football game.

I sill think you made all that up. 

26 minutes ago, JoeGator said:

I sill think you made all that up. 

Because I do that all the time here. Believe what you want. 

• zartan
      It's funny black guy acts like a thug, carries a gun, gets killed by law enforcement, you smile but somehow you are all gonna be a senior citizen version of Rambo when confronted by the authorities  
    • zartan
      I dunno you tell us im sure that is your search criteria on Tinder
    • zartan
      I think the simplest indicator is the popular vote, which you lost by 3 million  how come Hillary actually paid a price for calling people deplorables, but nothing happens to Trump for anything he says? because conservatives are phony amoral hypocrites
    • WDavE
      But for the most part we're better armed....
    • smokeyone
      Zartan is slowly moving to the right end of the spectrum, he just enjoys the troll life
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      smokeyone
      smokeyone
    2. 2
      bbqit
      bbqit
    3. 3
      possumslayer
      possumslayer
    4. 4
      cocky4ever