Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PuddingTime

UK getting $45 million baseball stadium

36 posts in this topic

We’re putting the stadium where a parking lot currently is. So we’ll use that through the football season. That will give us time to get the contract signed.

I want to repeat, it’s part of an overarching university plan. The strategic plan has changed a couple times since I’ve been at Kentucky. The initial plan was for the stadium to stay where it was. As time has gone on, that plan has changed a little bit.

So the footprint of the stadium will now be moved to Alumni Drive, above where the soccer stadium is. It will replace the soccer practice field. In its place will go the tennis facility. The tennis facility will move from where it currently is and go to where baseball currently sits. That will free up that entire area for the university to do some things they desire to do, whether that is rec space, parking. It’s part of an overarching master plan of the university. It benefits everybody. It gets us an athletic village on the outside of the perimeter of campus, about 12,000 cars that drive by it every day, which is very helpful to us, especially for the sports that compete outdoors. It gives us a chance to have some parking availability that’s a little tougher for us in the internal part of campus and frees some things up for everyone else. That’s the goal.

This just on top of the new hire of Coach Mangione. Great things coming down the pike for Kentucky baseball. Estimated 16 months worth of construction.

Have they released a drawing of it yet?

Kentucky historically invested in in baseball. Before Coach Madison it was essentially a part time coaching gig. AD Larry Ivy told Madison if he wanted lights, better facilities, etc he would have to go raise the money himself. Barnhart has done a lot for all sports and baseball included, though certainly more should have been done sooner.

We have the players in state to win the SEC. Kentucky has only been his to mediocre because of ourselves. There isn't a legitimate reason why we can't be a perennial power other than we haven't put forth the effort. I think you'll see Kentucky improve tremendously in the coming decade. This will certainly help.

If this is what $35+ million will get you I can't wait to see what you guys build:

carolina-stadium-1.jpg

If this is what $35+ million will get you I can't wait to see what you guys build:

carolina-stadium-1.jpg

Considering the excellent work going on with new work and remodeling on campus as well as our numerous recent athletics facilities upgrades, I'm expecting great things. I haven't seen any preliminary sketches yet but I'll post them when I do.

We just built both a men's and women's soccer complex, world class softball field, $135 million renovation of Commonwealth Stadium, building a new football practice facility currently. Now a new tennis complex (no idea why the Boone Center is already impressive) and baseball field.

Kudos to Mitch.

Considering the excellent work going on with new work and remodeling on campus as well as our numerous recent athletics facilities upgrades, I'm expecting great things. I haven't seen any preliminary sketches yet but I'll post them when I do.

We just built both a men's and women's soccer complex, world class softball field, $135 million renovation of Commonwealth Stadium, building a new football practice facility currently. Now a new tennis complex (no idea why the Boone Center is already impressive) and baseball field.

Kudos to Mitch.

We are finishing up a 1 billion dollar athletic renovation that included everything you mentioned above plus dorms, an academic center, and track and field.

Big money is being tossed around.

Kudos to Mitch.

The increase in revenue for SEC schools is starting to show up big time.

Nice. Glad to see. Hopefully the walls will be deeper lol

Seriously though there is a ton of talent up there and louisville has been owning it lately. Go cut them down

This displeases me.

5 in a row coming up

It will be worth something when you can say you beat the reigning National Champs.

It will be worth something when you can say you beat the reigning National Champs.

We did it to South Carolina already brah

5 times in a row?

Oh wait, that's US over Sahkerlina.

Obviously Joe was drunk last night.

Since 2011 right?

Since 2011 right?

That would be a no since UF didn't win the series this year (1-1), but my drunk comment was more to the the way you referred to SC. Sort of like the idiots that refer to UF as Gaytors.

Busted.

I was inebriated.

Having so many honky tonks is not healthy. Spending all your extra dollars on plaid pearl button ups, flannel, and ostrich skinned boots yet?

I don't go to East Nashville!

And I don't go out during the week, ha.

Last night I had a couple "bad day" beers.

Glad tomorrow is Friday.

I don't go to East Nashville!

And I don't go out during the week, ha.

Last night I had a couple "bad day" beers.

Glad tomorrow is Friday.

So you go to the hipster side. I knew it

East IS the hipster side.

Nashville is an odd place.

Hipsters have the Indian beards... apache over here and an apache over there