Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

L.A.Hog

Arkansas spring game

6 posts in this topic

It's difficult to take a lot away from these games but it looks like our defense has improved.It seems our secondary and linebackers looked better and we had a decent pass rush.When Agim gets a little more experience he's going to be very good.

Allen looked ok at qb but made some bad decisions on passes that would probably have been picks in a real game.Mitchell did pretty good at RB,but I hope the other backs who were not playing,or green shirted,will be difference makers.We're in good shape at tight end and the oline should be ok.

Field goal kicking is still a crap shoot.

It's difficult to take a lot away from these games but it looks like our defense has improved.It seems our secondary and linebackers looked better and we had a decent pass rush.When Agim gets a little more experience he's going to be very good.

Allen looked ok at qb but made some bad decisions on passes that would probably have been picks in a real game.Mitchell did pretty good at RB,but I hope the other backs who were not playing,or green shirted,will be difference makers.We're in good shape at tight end and the oline should be ok.

Field goal kicking is still a crap shoot.

I wasn't impressed with Mitchell at all, seemed like he was trying to do his Alex Collins impression instead of just hitting the hole. I thought Evans looked like the best back and that was against the 1s.

Our WRs are stout, probably the deepest I have seen since we had 2010/2011 when we had Childs, Wright, Adams and Hamilton.

Rush defense looked really good still and our LBs were impressive.

AA was shaky at the beginning. Had the dropped pick and threw over the head of the post but his deep ball that was a PI was a beautiful throw. Peavy didn't look much better though. Pretty sure AA is our best option at this point and just hope he has it all together when we travel to Ft. Worth.

And yes, FG kicking will still be a pain in the ass.

My thoughts are I'm not sure if our line is any good just yet. A defense can look great against a re shuffled line trying to find its rythem