Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UAdan

BARVES

266 posts in this topic

Bruce Hooper with a bloop 2 run double in the 8th to give Nats the lead. With 2 outs.

We seriously keep finding new ways to lose every night.

0-7.

We of course get screwed by the ump at the end of the game. Can't catch any sort of break at all. We stink badly.

LOS ROJOS! Get on board

I think they are looking for an actually good team. :trollface:

I'm starting to worry we won't be ready to make a 2017 run. Looking more like 2018 and 2019

14 more to go to tie.. 15 to own the record. You can do it Braves! I believe in you!

We got more players getting charged with domestic abuse than we do victories this year.

First positive comment I will make in this thread is watching Mallex Smith play center gets me so excited for the future. Can't wait until mid-season next year when he, Swanson, and Albies are all starting with the big team. Looking like Austin Riley could be added to that mix in the 2018 season. My biggest questions are at corner Outfield and catcher. We have very little organizational depth there. It's all years away. Unsold on Braxton Davidson, though he has promise.

@@GoldenRebel which prospects are you most excited for? And which ones do you see as potential busts?

I do agree with GR that 2018 is looking more like the year though.

First positive comment I will make in this thread is watching Mallex Smith play center gets me so excited for the future. Can't wait until mid-season next year when he, Swanson, and Albies are all starting with the big team. Looking like Austin Riley could be added to that mix in the 2018 season. My biggest questions are at corner Outfield and catcher. We have very little organizational depth there. It's all years away. Unsold on Braxton Davidson, though he has promise.

@@GoldenRebel which prospects are you most excited for? And which ones do you see as potential busts?

We have a bunch of young talent. Mainly excited about Dansby, Newcomb, and Blair. Newcomb and Blair should be top 3 rotation guys soon and I expect them to be really good. Kolby Allard and Touki Toussant are the best arms in the system but they are just young at like 19. Albies and Mallex are going to be solid defensive players and guys who can get on base. I'm worried about power. Austin Riley strikes out too much but he is another 19 year old 1st rounder. We have a ton of former 1st and 2nd rounders in our farm system. One of those is a catcher but he's also young. Can't remember his name.

I really think we have the potential to be our best in the 2019-2021 range assuming some of these guys work out. But we disparately need OF and C.

We have a bunch of young talent. Mainly excited about Dansby, Newcomb, and Blair. Newcomb and Blair should be top 3 rotation guys soon and I expect them to be really good. Kolby Allard and Touki Toussant are the best arms in the system but they are just young at like 19. Albies and Mallex are going to be solid defensive players and guys who can get on base. I'm worried about power. Austin Riley strikes out too much but he is another 19 year old 1st rounder. We have a ton of former 1st and 2nd rounders in our farm system. One of those is a catcher but he's also young. Can't remember his name.

I really think we have the potential to be our best in the 2019-2021 range assuming some of these guys work out. But we disparately need OF and C.

Lucas Herbert is the catcher you are thinking off, really strong arm and solid framing ability.. also could have decent pop.

Lucas Herbert is the catcher you are thinking off, really strong arm and solid framing ability.. also could have decent pop.

Thats him. The kid from Cali. It seems like a lot of our top talent is 18 or 19 which could be really awesome in about 3 years

I'm sort of hoping we do awful enough that Fredi gets fired here in the first couple of months. Then we have an interim guy take over and let the kids play the second half of the year.

Newcomb/Blair could be a really, really good 1-2 punch at the top of the rotation in a few years. Two workhorse type arms that would be great to build on.

If Skip Caray were alive at a time like this, what would he say?

Probably "BRAVES WHEN?! BRAVES WHEN?! BRAVES WHEN?!"

I'm sort of hoping we do awful enough that Fredi gets fired here in the first couple of months. Then we have an interim guy take over and let the kids play the second half of the year.

I'll take that #1 overall pick too.

I really hope we focus on college players at the top of this years draft. We need some guys who can contribute in 2 or 3 years not 5

Edited by GoldenRebel

Are the barves trying to set a record for most consecutive losses to start a season?

I'm kind of surprised Fredi has held on this long honestly.

I'm kind of surprised Fredi has held on this long honestly.

Nah the front office loves him. But honestly Tony larussa couldn't win with the squads of the past few years.