GatorUnvrsty

Found Its Way Into Your Safe

812 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, GatorUnvrsty said:

A huge, bulky mag kind of defeats the whole purpose of having a sawed-off or "compact" gauge always at your fingertips... be fun at the range though.

Capacity vs size is always the tradeoff though isn't it lol

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I collected another Marlin camp 9 today. This is so full of carbon that it doesn't work anymore. The trigger is locked up, the stock is cracked and the hammer strut assembly is gone. 

50.00 to numberich will get the missing parts and I will start looking at stocks tonight. The barrel is not horrible but has rust spots that will be worked while the rest of the metal soaks in degreaser. I'll throw a red dot on it and have a fun fully semi automatic 9mm carbine. 

I gave the owner 25.00 for it since it didn't run.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, smokeyone said:

Well I collected another Marlin camp 9 today. This is so full of carbon that it doesn't work anymore. The trigger is locked up, the stock is cracked and the hammer strut assembly is gone. 

50.00 to numberich will get the missing parts and I will start looking at stocks tonight. The barrel is not horrible but has rust spots that will be worked while the rest of the metal soaks in degreaser. I'll throw a red dot on it and have a fun fully semi automatic 9mm carbine. 

I gave the owner 25.00 for it since it didn't run.

I'll give you your money back...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rebel WITH a cause said:

I'll give you your money back...

It's my third one. The main one is suppressed and used to thin the deer population on my folks property. This one will be a toy.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That awkward moment when you cannibalize part to test the trigger on the new toy and forget that is has mag disconnect because to took it out of the other two... 2 hours of frustration later it's too late to fire it. 

The OEM trigger is 9 pounds with the disconnect but you can do a trigger job and kill the disconnect and drop it to 4ish pounds. 

 

I is is ashamed of my stoopidity 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unusual for me in that something left the safe.  Some asshole came up in my driveway and stole my essentially brand new Gen 5 Glock 19 out of my truck.  $600 pistol, $250 weapon light, $80 holster and a $300 window all in one swoop.  :40_rage:

99.99% of the time there's nothing worth stealing in that truck.  Garbage in the floor and cheap tools under the back seat for an emergency.  The one time I leave something in there..... :40_rage:

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, nova said:

Unusual for me in that something left the safe.  Some asshole came up in my driveway and stole my essentially brand new Gen 5 Glock 19 out of my truck.  $600 pistol, $250 weapon light, $80 holster and a $300 window all in one swoop.  :40_rage:

99.99% of the time there's nothing worth stealing in that truck.  Garbage in the floor and cheap tools under the back seat for an emergency.  The one time I leave something in there..... :40_rage:

Damn. Add that to your wifes koolaid man adventures in the garage and you’ve had a shitty month

 

I always have a gun in my console. Only a matter of time before it happens to me too

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, nova said:

Unusual for me in that something left the safe.  Some asshole came up in my driveway and stole my essentially brand new Gen 5 Glock 19 out of my truck.  $600 pistol, $250 weapon light, $80 holster and a $300 window all in one swoop.  :40_rage:

99.99% of the time there's nothing worth stealing in that truck.  Garbage in the floor and cheap tools under the back seat for an emergency.  The one time I leave something in there..... :40_rage:

It's a shitty phone call to the police too. Not that I know anything about that...

People who steal are below the level of prehistoric, frog shit.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, nova said:

Unusual for me in that something left the safe.  Some asshole came up in my driveway and stole my essentially brand new Gen 5 Glock 19 out of my truck.  $600 pistol, $250 weapon light, $80 holster and a $300 window all in one swoop.  :40_rage:

99.99% of the time there's nothing worth stealing in that truck.  Garbage in the floor and cheap tools under the back seat for an emergency.  The one time I leave something in there..... :40_rage:

You are having a shitty string of luck sir. 

I have made that police call one time over a Bersa 380 that got left in truck when we first moved to Thomson. Just a raw deal all the way around.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yah, at least my NRA insurance is still in effect a while longer. NY hasn't got done fucking us over in that regard yet.  Still a damn big hassle

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, GoldenRebel said:

Damn. Add that to your wifes koolaid man adventures in the garage and you’ve had a shitty month

 

I always have a gun in my console. Only a matter of time before it happens to me too

And last night my son flings the fucking door open and knocks a big chunk of paint off on the band saw.  Body shop said they'd fix it for another $100 since it was already in the shop but damn, can't win lately

6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nova said:

And last night my son flings the fucking door open and knocks a big chunk of paint off on the band saw.  Body shop said they'd fix it for another $100 since it was already in the shop but damn, can't win lately

The body shop will probably burn to the ground while it's in there, and the owner will run away with your wife...

6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Rebel WITH a cause said:

The body shop will probably burn to the ground while it's in there, and the owner will run away with your wife...

Long as they take the damn heathen children with em....

6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@nova

Damn boy!

Just get all that shit outta your system before season rolls around.

Can't have your snakebit ass infecting football.

Or you could start rooting for bama...just sayin...

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found 20 round sw59 mags for the camp9 12.95 for 20 rounders, ordered 5 for the new toy. I also found an older ram line folding stock for it cheap and I repurposed an old delta dot for it. 

When everything gets here I am thinking about running it in a carbine class

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2018 at 1:03 PM, smokeyone said:

Well I collected another Marlin camp 9 today. This is so full of carbon that it doesn't work anymore. The trigger is locked up, the stock is cracked and the hammer strut assembly is gone. 

50.00 to numberich will get the missing parts and I will start looking at stocks tonight. The barrel is not horrible but has rust spots that will be worked while the rest of the metal soaks in degreaser. I'll throw a red dot on it and have a fun fully semi automatic 9mm carbine. 

I gave the owner 25.00 for it since it didn't run.

Guys what caliber would you want if a grizzly was charging at you?   Call me crazy but i shot my Mosin 7.62x54r  straight through a 2' mock orange tree. i cant imagine it not doing some considerable damage 

 

Edited by AUskip07
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AUskip07 said:

Guys what caliber would you want if a grizzly was charging at you?   Call me crazy but i shot my Mosin 7.62x54r  straight through a 2' mock orange tree. i cant imagine it not doing some considerable damage 

 

Handgun? 454 casull. 

Rifle up close? 45 raptor

Rifle at distance? 338 lap

 

that 7.62x54r is equal to a 30-06 (7.62x63)

Edited by smokeyone
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, smokeyone said:

Handgun? 454 casull. 

Rifle up close? 45 raptor

Rifle at distance? 338 lap

 

that 7.62x54r is equal to a 30-06 (7.62x63)

is it really?  i cant say ive seen that penetration power with a 30-06 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, AUskip07 said:

is it really?  i cant say ive seen that penetration power with a 30-06 

Bullet profile is the same and less powder. A Springfield 03 and Mossin are very close in performance. Most hunting 30-06 are not solid hardball like most surplus 7.62r is

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you get a chance to shoot a 45 raptor do it. A straight wall 308 round (.450 instead of .308) solid copper or brass round at 600grains. It’s a re barreled 308 (AR 10 hog gun) compact short range heavy round.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, smokeyone said:

If you get a chance to shoot a 45 raptor do it. A straight wall 308 round (.450 instead of .308) solid copper or brass round at 600grains. It’s a re barreled 308 (AR 10 hog gun) compact short range heavy round.

Longer version of colt 45? scuse me if that’s an ignorant krestion.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, possumslayer said:

Longer version of colt 45? scuse me if that’s an ignorant krestion.

Significantly longer and doesn’t have the rim like the Colt. Length of a 308 diameter of a 45

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now