GatorUnvrsty

Found Its Way Into Your Safe

812 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, GatorUnvrsty said:

A huge, bulky mag kind of defeats the whole purpose of having a sawed-off or "compact" gauge always at your fingertips... be fun at the range though.

Capacity vs size is always the tradeoff though isn't it lol

Well I collected another Marlin camp 9 today. This is so full of carbon that it doesn't work anymore. The trigger is locked up, the stock is cracked and the hammer strut assembly is gone. 

50.00 to numberich will get the missing parts and I will start looking at stocks tonight. The barrel is not horrible but has rust spots that will be worked while the rest of the metal soaks in degreaser. I'll throw a red dot on it and have a fun fully semi automatic 9mm carbine. 

I gave the owner 25.00 for it since it didn't run.

39 minutes ago, smokeyone said:

Well I collected another Marlin camp 9 today. This is so full of carbon that it doesn't work anymore. The trigger is locked up, the stock is cracked and the hammer strut assembly is gone. 

50.00 to numberich will get the missing parts and I will start looking at stocks tonight. The barrel is not horrible but has rust spots that will be worked while the rest of the metal soaks in degreaser. I'll throw a red dot on it and have a fun fully semi automatic 9mm carbine. 

I'll give you your money back...

8 minutes ago, Rebel WITH a cause said:

I'll give you your money back...

It's my third one. The main one is suppressed and used to thin the deer population on my folks property. This one will be a toy.

That awkward moment when you cannibalize part to test the trigger on the new toy and forget that is has mag disconnect because to took it out of the other two... 2 hours of frustration later it's too late to fire it. 

The OEM trigger is 9 pounds with the disconnect but you can do a trigger job and kill the disconnect and drop it to 4ish pounds. 

I is is ashamed of my stoopidity 

Unusual for me in that something left the safe.  Some asshole came up in my driveway and stole my essentially brand new Gen 5 Glock 19 out of my truck.  $600 pistol, $250 weapon light, $80 holster and a $300 window all in one swoop.  :40_rage:

99.99% of the time there's nothing worth stealing in that truck.  Garbage in the floor and cheap tools under the back seat for an emergency.  The one time I leave something in there..... :40_rage:

12 minutes ago, nova said:

Unusual for me in that something left the safe.  Some asshole came up in my driveway and stole my essentially brand new Gen 5 Glock 19 out of my truck.  $600 pistol, $250 weapon light, $80 holster and a $300 window all in one swoop.  :40_rage:

99.99% of the time there's nothing worth stealing in that truck.  Garbage in the floor and cheap tools under the back seat for an emergency.  The one time I leave something in there..... :40_rage:

Damn. Add that to your wifes koolaid man adventures in the garage and you’ve had a shitty month

I always have a gun in my console. Only a matter of time before it happens to me too

13 minutes ago, nova said:

It's a shitty phone call to the police too. Not that I know anything about that...

People who steal are below the level of prehistoric, frog shit.

30 minutes ago, nova said:

You are having a shitty string of luck sir. 

I have made that police call one time over a Bersa 380 that got left in truck when we first moved to Thomson. Just a raw deal all the way around.

Yah, at least my NRA insurance is still in effect a while longer. NY hasn't got done fucking us over in that regard yet.  Still a damn big hassle

50 minutes ago, GoldenRebel said:

Damn. Add that to your wifes koolaid man adventures in the garage and you’ve had a shitty month

I always have a gun in my console. Only a matter of time before it happens to me too

And last night my son flings the fucking door open and knocks a big chunk of paint off on the band saw.  Body shop said they'd fix it for another $100 since it was already in the shop but damn, can't win lately

1 hour ago, nova said:

And last night my son flings the fucking door open and knocks a big chunk of paint off on the band saw.  Body shop said they'd fix it for another $100 since it was already in the shop but damn, can't win lately

The body shop will probably burn to the ground while it's in there, and the owner will run away with your wife...

51 minutes ago, Rebel WITH a cause said:

The body shop will probably burn to the ground while it's in there, and the owner will run away with your wife...

Long as they take the damn heathen children with em....

@nova

Damn boy!

Just get all that shit outta your system before season rolls around.

Can't have your snakebit ass infecting football.

Or you could start rooting for bama...just sayin...

Found 20 round sw59 mags for the camp9 12.95 for 20 rounders, ordered 5 for the new toy. I also found an older ram line folding stock for it cheap and I repurposed an old delta dot for it. 

When everything gets here I am thinking about running it in a carbine class

On 8/15/2018 at 1:03 PM, smokeyone said:

Guys what caliber would you want if a grizzly was charging at you?   Call me crazy but i shot my Mosin 7.62x54r  straight through a 2' mock orange tree. i cant imagine it not doing some considerable damage 

Edited by AUskip07

5 minutes ago, AUskip07 said:

Guys what caliber would you want if a grizzly was charging at you?   Call me crazy but i shot my Mosin 7.62x54r  straight through a 2' mock orange tree. i cant imagine it not doing some considerable damage 

Handgun? 454 casull. 

Rifle up close? 45 raptor

Rifle at distance? 338 lap

that 7.62x54r is equal to a 30-06 (7.62x63)

Edited by smokeyone

4 minutes ago, smokeyone said:

Handgun? 454 casull. 

Rifle up close? 45 raptor

Rifle at distance? 338 lap

that 7.62x54r is equal to a 30-06 (7.62x63)

is it really?  i cant say ive seen that penetration power with a 30-06 

17 minutes ago, AUskip07 said:

is it really?  i cant say ive seen that penetration power with a 30-06 

Bullet profile is the same and less powder. A Springfield 03 and Mossin are very close in performance. Most hunting 30-06 are not solid hardball like most surplus 7.62r is

If you get a chance to shoot a 45 raptor do it. A straight wall 308 round (.450 instead of .308) solid copper or brass round at 600grains. It’s a re barreled 308 (AR 10 hog gun) compact short range heavy round.

7 minutes ago, smokeyone said:

If you get a chance to shoot a 45 raptor do it. A straight wall 308 round (.450 instead of .308) solid copper or brass round at 600grains. It’s a re barreled 308 (AR 10 hog gun) compact short range heavy round.

Longer version of colt 45? scuse me if that’s an ignorant krestion.

1 hour ago, possumslayer said:

Longer version of colt 45? scuse me if that’s an ignorant krestion.

Significantly longer and doesn’t have the rim like the Colt. Length of a 308 diameter of a 45