GatorUnvrsty

Found Its Way Into Your Safe

727 posts in this topic

you know. the more I look, I'm just not finding anything I'm in love with in 1911s in my current budget. might need to save my pennies and bump up my price range. maybe up to colt combat unit range or maybe even up to the Ed Brown/Wilson Combat level....

you know. the more I look, I'm just not finding anything I'm in love with in 1911s in my current budget. might need to save my pennies and bump up my price range. maybe up to colt combat unit range or maybe even up to the Ed Brown/Wilson Combat level....

For another $500 you can get a les Baer. But man those wilsons and nighthawk are so nice

For another $500 you can get a les Baer. But man those wilsons and nighthawk are so nice

Yeah. I'm currently in lust with the BCM 1911 by Wilson combat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

This is what I want my next purchase for the safe to be......one bad azz shotgun.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/dp-12-review-a-functional-double-barrel-bullpup/

Yeah, that's a sho nuff street sweeper right there; I've been eyeballing the other shotgun bullpups for a couple years, but that double is something else.

I went into a Dick's Sporting goods the other day while my SUV was getting serviced, and spotted one of those Stoeger/Benelli coach guns in walnut and polished nickel, and it was a pretty sweet handling gun... damn nostalgia almost had me writing another check on the spot; had to get out of there.

411544802_0.jpg

Yeah, that's a sho nuff street sweeper right there; I've been eyeballing the other shotgun bullpups for a couple years, but that double is something else.

I went into a Dick's Sporting goods the other day while my SUV was getting serviced, and spotted one of those Stoeger/Benelli coach guns in walnut and polished nickel, and it was a pretty sweet handling gun... damn nostalgia almost had me writing another check on the spot; had to get out of there.

This

411544802_0.jpg

That DP12 is just slap bad to the bone......imagine having to stare down the business end of that puppy.....if I can do the old better to ask forgiveness than permission with the wife.....I'll have one. Edited by UKat

That DP12 is just slap bad to the bone......imagine having to stare down the business end of that puppy.....if I can do the old better to ask forgiveness than permission with the wife.....I'll have one.

After the DPMS, Judge, and Mossberg in the last couple of months I think I'm done for awhile.

My blade collection has gotten pretty extensive, too; I have a Cold Steel Chaos being delivered tomorrow.

considering something I don't ever do. selling/trading the Glock 21 I bought to convert to 460 rowland so I can get a better 1911

After the DPMS, Judge, and Mossberg in the last couple of months I think I'm done for awhile.

My blade collection has gotten pretty extensive, too; I have a Cold Steel Chaos being delivered tomorrow.

I've been wanting tooo get a hand made fixed blade.... some folks on tngunowners.com make some beautiful knives.

Did my normal friday circuit of my local dealers this afternoon. One had a pristine "used" DW Valor stainless priced at 1250. Pulling it apart and looking it over it had no more wear than the brand new one sitting next to it.

Handled it for quite a while, feeling out the checkering and such and decided that was ok. Then the guy said he'd do 1250 out the door, so now it's on lay-a-way. We've got 9% sales tax here so that's 1100 and change sales price for basically a new valor. Couldn't pass that up.

11377594_1602414550023995_1921443963_n.jpg

heres an old pic of my family.. the clipazine in the glock is just for bobby_petrino.gifs and gigs, not for carrying around.

Need to paint the rest of my mags & eotech hood.

Just bought another HK P7 and a Remington R51 to play with as carry guns. The R51 was a throw in for the P7 and one I had shot and gone over for the last 6 months and is solid. It's what the gun should have been.

I find myself going for lower capacity and greater precision these days. More specific in expectation vs general use. I still have a few 15 round plus items but they are seeing the field less and less.

The Cetme stays in the Xterra with an old HiPower clone but rarely see more than function tests. A couple of ARs sit in a safe with a Lionheart and a couple of HiPowers and clones and a couple of Sig 226s. I shoot a built couple 7.66 x51 and a 6.5 Creed at 500-700 yards and 2 built scouts one in 300 black out and one in 7.62 more than anything.

Just bought another HK P7 and a Remington R51 to play with as carry guns. The R51 was a throw in for the P7 and one I had shot and gone over for the last 6 months and is solid. It's what the gun should have been.

Be lucky if that r51 works. Remington screwed the pooch on that one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Traded the glock 21 on a completed bcm lower Saturday. Only had to toss in $10 by the time the deal was done.

Gonna sbr it and unpin the fh on my 14.5" bcm middy.

Thinking I may take the extra lower that creates and put together a rifle length 20" barrel weapon.

Be lucky if that r51 works. Remington screwed the pooch on that one

It's a first run gun and one I an familiar with.

Shame that Remington screwed that one up. The R51 really is a neat little pistol design wise.

Shame that Remington screwed that one up. The R51 really is a neat little pistol design wise.

The bad reviews got me this one as a throw in on the P7. It ran fine, no issues if you put it back together right. He put the slide retention spring above the pin and swore it was a lemon. I had shot it for a year before that with no problems and after I put it back together for him it ran great. Between already being worried about it and putting it together wrong he was done with it

I've heard they shoot great if you get a good one. QC was just 50/50 so not all of them did

Did my normal friday circuit of my local dealers this afternoon. One had a pristine "used" DW Valor stainless priced at 1250. Pulling it apart and looking it over it had no more wear than the brand new one sitting next to it.

Handled it for quite a while, feeling out the checkering and such and decided that was ok. Then the guy said he'd do 1250 out the door, so now it's on lay-a-way. We've got 9% sales tax here so that's 1100 and change sales price for basically a new valor. Couldn't pass that up.

Looks like I'm not as finished as I thought, either; apparently I'm now in the market for a Beretta 92FS after winning this $400 Beretta 92/96 Series .22LR Practice/Conversion Kit in a contest on the Beretta website day before yesterday...

BerettaKitWon_zpszssedw6k.jpg

BerettaKitWon1_zpsiiyyvv1s.jpg

I don't currently own a 9mm, nor a .22 pistol either for that matter, other than my NAA mini-revolver; so this just makes the choice a lot easier... essentially get 2 guns for the price of 1.

I had a Taurus PT92C, basically an exact copy of the Beretta 92C, back in my 20's; so I know I'll like the genuine article when I get it. The only thing is, there are a lot more versions of the 92 than there used to be, so I have some homework to do before choosing a model... thankfully it's fun homework.

Valor is coming home week after next. Got a work trip where driving was quicker than flying. Driving for business is a $$$ maker with current fuel prices and the way the truck sips diesel. I stand to net about $600 on the trip and I only owe $400 on the Valor.

Scorpion EVO or P320 in 45 may be next on the list. Evo especially since this development. Guarantee we'll see one for an evo soon.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/05/foghorn/atf-approves-sb-tactical-collapsible-pistol-arm-brace/

Picked up my Valor today.  Happened on the man who had traded it in.  The reason the thing looked new is that it was.  Guy said he'd never shot the thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalkf63fd7c40e2bad4399da9f72377ba6a7.jpg

Edited by nova

That dan wesson is slick as snot. so tight i had to hand cycle it a couple hundred times with break in oil to seat the rails. absolute tack driver too

Saturday was a good or bad day depending on how you look at it.

CZ-75 transitional and CZ-83 off gunbroker

CZ scorpion evo from one shop.

Put an FNX-45 tactical on lay a way at another.

Got the two Czech brother in. Not bad for $525 total.

5d992c63ecb10bd811f3a410aa49bacf.jpg

ca057aef009a742b8d4869c90e373291.jpg