GatorUnvrsty

Found Its Way Into Your Safe

715 posts in this topic

Get a Mossberg 500 or 590.  I've got a 500A  that was beat to hell when I bought it and I've used and abused it more and it just keeps rolling. 

One of these days I need to refinish it where it rusted as it sat in the shed while we were building our house.  Kept having nasty looking stray dogs show up and I can't carry to work to I dropped the cheapest thing I had in the shed to keep on site...

My taste is evolving.   WASR 10   with  74 sunburst furniture.   

IMG_20171129_194857.jpg

21 hours ago, nova said:

Get a Mossberg 500 or 590.  I've got a 500A  that was beat to hell when I bought it and I've used and abused it more and it just keeps rolling. 

One of these days I need to refinish it where it rusted as it sat in the shed while we were building our house.  Kept having nasty looking stray dogs show up and I can't carry to work to I dropped the cheapest thing I had in the shed to keep on site...

Really leaning towards a maverick now. The drawbacks of the Remington but less than 200 new shipped with everything but the 12 lop stock. It will be a straight beater gun and doesn't need to be pretty just run.

Found a 1960s Franchi autoloader on gunbroker that might to the trick after the barrel is cut down. Beautiful firearm that deserves better but hell its value is almost gone because of a fixed choke anyway 

I am giving glocks another try. Bought a Glock 19 gen 3 frame today. Doing a brownelles RMR slide, wolf drop in barrel and guts from spare parts

On 12/2/2017 at 7:03 AM, Possum'sSister said:

Upgraded the Taurus .40 for a Springfield .45. Pics incoming

IMG_3958.JPG

Slide getting fitted for the Burris now. 

I pushed Glock sight out of the old slide and put it in backwards to blackout the sight. I can shoot it better that way

Unpacked my big black friday order from IMA last night.  The Martini I could probably spray down with CLP and shoot immediately if I wanted.  The Enfield is going to need a little work but is mostly sound it seems.  The Brown Bess, well old Bess is gonna need a lotta work, including a new stock.  Old one was so worm eaten it was falling apart in my hands nearly.

bess 1.jpg

bess 2.jpg

bess 3.jpg

enfield.jpg

martini.jpg

And I also figured out that my first Martini pattern A had been bastardized with a bunch of Francotte parts.  Think I'm gonna take it and rebarrel in 303.

303 Brit is a greatly undervalued round. 

The glock project is in the books. The Burris fast fire 2 plate is done and lined out. It's the first glock I have ever been able to shoot with accuracy and I am not going to mess with it unless something breaks. It was an old range gun with 10,000 plus rounds through it before I got it cheap. The slide was crack and needed to be replaced so I did an RMR slide, TTI master glock kit, cleaned everything else and ran it. 

I have moved up to a C93 (HK clone) to remake and get running right as a range toy now. 

I want the range toys of 2018 to be:

Custom savage axis 308

Semi Custom Glock 19

Centry C93 rebuilt

unkown tacticool shotgun

That covers the carbine, bolt gun, pistol and riot gun. 

Got my Nepalese Mark IV Martini Henry cleaned up this weekend.  Just need a rear sight spring and a screw that was corroded beyond saving, a couple minor stock repairs and a good coat of Kramers to be done.  I think I coulda spent a week straight sweating yak grease out of the thing....

martini 1.jpg

martini 2.jpg

martini 3.jpg

martini 4.jpg

martini 5.jpg

For comparison this was what it looked like to start....

martini.jpg

Bought a barreled receiver and  a romanian kit.   Thought ill try my hand at assembling.   Little grinding here and there   polished the trigger group from the feel of it after polishing it has a 1/4" pull 2 lb trigger,    she is ready for test fire.  Then ill tear it down and coat the metal. 

Looks like appliance epoxy is very popular  but i still have some gun kote in Satin black and coyote.   Already have  a satin black one.  Still deciding 

IMG_20180207_183112.jpg

IMG_20180207_181721.jpg

IMG_20180207_181709.jpg

Edited by AUskip07