Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GAMECOCK_FAN

2016 NCAA Basketball Bracket Challenge

241 posts in this topic

You've never been described as rational or even-keeled, have you?

I don't know, you ever been described as anything but a troll?

And with that I'm done arguing.

I don't know, you ever been described as anything but a troll?

And with that I'm done arguing.

I'm not arguing, just saying you're pitching an e-fit.

I'm not arguing, just saying you're pitching an e-fit.

Because I disagree with you? Whatever, my friend. I'm done.

Good, I'll meet you in the NIT thread.

I doubt it Joe. You've probably read my views on the NIT, which has nothing to do with this year. I've said for years that I view the NIT as just a meaningless tournament.

Maybe the baseball thread though.

I doubt it Joe. You've probably read my views on the NIT, which has nothing to do with this year. I've said for years that I view the NIT as just a meaningless tournament.

Maybe the baseball thread though.

Not In Tourney...NIT

Hogan just picked ........drummer rollllllllll........Waoooooooo Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooossssss to win it all

Hogan just picked ........drummer rollllllllll........Waoooooooo Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooossssss to win it all

First time in over 30 years I'm not filling out a bracket.

First time in over 30 years I'm not filling out a bracket.

I kind of agree with joe. USC didn't have the best resume in the world. Outside of beating Texas am and florida there wasn't anything overly impressive. Had several losses of over 10 points. Sec was down. Memphis was down so that win meant nothing. Lost to Georgia 3 times. Lost first game of tournament.

Now with that being said some teams that got in didn't deserve it either. Weak OOC schedule killed you huys

I kind of agree with joe. USC didn't have the best resume in the world. Outside of beating Texas am and florida there wasn't anything overly impressive. Had several losses of over 10 points. Sec was down. Memphis was down so that win meant nothing. Lost to Georgia 3 times. Lost first game of tournament.

Now with that being said some teams that got in didn't deserve it either.

We beat Vanderbilt and Tulsa who are in too. However, I have no problem with you or Joe thinking we didn't deserve it, but I disagree. And my point has been that if we can't get in with that kind of resume (24 wins, 3rd in the conference, etc ) then there's no hope or reason for me to continue following college basketball. I've been following SC basketball for close to 50 years, and the last 40 years have been just hoping we'll finally get some consistent play where we start making the NCAAT on some type of a consistent basis. Getting into the NCAAT every 15-20 years is not worth me wasting my time watching college basketball.

You gotta get recruits in basketball. It's more important than football (tho obviously still important in football) IMO. I dunno how well USCe recruits in bball.

Amy state team that I can remember that made the tourny had some studs. Not necessarily NBA players, but damn good college players.

A lot of tourny bids is politics, the SEC needs someone on the committee

Associate commissioner has said they have instructed all schools other than Kentucky to step up their OOC scheduling.

I guess he could go read RuppsRafters and then you two could communicate on your level.

As wild as I get in here at times, I rarely get on Rafter's. That place is a madhouse. I mostly lurk on the football board there and post. Occasionally I'll peak at Rafter's if something big has happened for info, but yes, it's a bit much even for me there.

Good to know. You can go ahead and give me your money now then.

We beat Vanderbilt and Tulsa who are in too. However, I have no problem with you or Joe thinking we didn't deserve it, but I disagree. And my point has been that if we can't get in with that kind of resume (24 wins, 3rd in the conference, etc ) then there's no hope or reason for me to continue following college basketball. I've been following SC basketball for close to 50 years, and the last 40 years have been just hoping we'll finally get some consistent play where we start making the NCAAT on some type of a consistent basis. Getting into the NCAAT every 15-20 years is not worth me wasting my time watching college basketball.

Now you know why I don't watch it. Unless you are one of the big boys it sucks. Too many small teams get in that don't belong. Too many solid bubble teams get knocked out. But sec basketball sucks and it doesn't help anyone's resume.

Now you know why I don't watch it. Unless you are one of the big boys it sucks. Too many small teams get in that don't belong. Too many solid bubble teams get knocked out. But sec basketball sucks and it doesn't help anyone's resume.

Yeah, I probably watched 90% of Carolina's games this year, with the exception of those that weren't televised. I also watched a large portion of other SEC matchups. This was the most excited I've been about college basketball in years. What a lanekiffin.gifing letdown.

That's why I'm done.

booyah!

picks are in.

so who's good?

I start watching basketball for the '15-16 season on Thursday.

I picked OU.

They suck ..LSU almost beat them

Not to be a dick, but SC didn't really "deserve" a bid.

Since when do you care about the conference?

Since when does "attention" matter to anyone besides Bama football fans and Kentucky basketball fans?

(hint: never and never)

I've always cared about the conference in one way. Its effect on UKs RPI, which is usually a negative. I would love to see this conference strong. Winning it would be more prestigious even.

I'm in no way shape or form a coat tail rider. Never understood conference pride, especially in football. A dominant conference only hurts UKs chances of getting into a bowl.

Yeah, I probably watched 90% of Carolina's games this year, with the exception of those that weren't televised. I also watched a large portion of other SEC matchups. This was the most excited I've been about college basketball in years. What a :lanekiffin:ing letdown.

That's why I'm done.

You know this is how sports work, right? Ha.

I feel like this reaction is not appropriate for the context of the situation.

They suck ..LSU almost beat them

OU basketball is better than Vanderbilt baseball.