Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GAMECOCK_FAN

2016 NCAA Basketball Bracket Challenge

241 posts in this topic

You get to masturbate to a picture of Obama. :lol:

Hell no if I win....Jacobp has to vote for Trump

LSU had 11 as well.

But you're right, it's a load of bobby_petrino.gif.

I'll never get excited about SC/college basketball again. After the last 40+ years of hoping, I've had enough. It's bad enough when we suck, but when we deserve a bid and get slighted, I'm done. We may get in every 15 or so years, but that's not enough to keep this guy interested.

I'm still all in. Gamecock basketball is what converted me from a Clemson fan to a Carolina fan. So I owe them a lot.

I'm still all in. Gamecock basketball is what converted me from a Clemson fan to a Carolina fan. So I owe them a lot.

I'll treat it like most of the other Gamecock sports outside of football and baseball. In other words, it won't be a major sport for me. I'll know how they're doing from reading up on our Gamecock sports site, but I won't bother watching much on TV or the internet, or going to any games. I've always tried to catch a few games live each year, but no interest in that anymore.

We had 10 conference wins and didn't even make the nit

lol

That NIT bracket looks more appealing than the NCAAT

That NIT bracket looks more appealing than the NCAAT

Sure. Want to switch places? The NCAAT for the Nobody gives a flying lanekiffin.gif tournament? LMAO

Sure. Want to switch places? The NCAAT for the Nobody gives a flying lanekiffin.gif tournament? LMAO

As fans of back to back NIT champs Gamecocks know better than most that no one really cares about the NIT. I'll probably watch it tomorrow just because it's Gamecock basketball, but even when you win the whole thing you wake up the next morning, listen to the radio, and go "oh that's right, there's a real tournament still going on".

Wow...I'd say you owe them a hell of a lot. How did that happen?

As fans of back to back NIT champs Gamecocks know better than most that no one really cares about the NIT. I'll probably watch it tomorrow just because it's Gamecock basketball, but even when you win the whole thing you wake up the next morning, listen to the radio, and go "oh that's right, there's a real tournament still going on".

The only thing the NIT does is give teams extra practice time. Other than that, it's worthless. Not even sure why they still have it. Years ago it was a worthwhile tournament.

Glad to see Cal is still a crybaby though.

SEC should thank him. Only personality in the conference that brings attention to us. Billy D is gone and Pearl sucks too much to get air time. Who else is there?

The only thing the NIT does is give teams extra practice time. Other than that, it's worthless. Not even sure why they still have it. Years ago it was a worthwhile tournament.

I'm guessing it makes money for ESPN. I think they have the TV rights to it

I'm guessing it makes money for ESPN. I think they have the TV rights to it

Good. I'll know to bypass ESPN for the next few weeks.

I meant as a fan of the game lol. As a Kentucky fan, hell no.

I kind of like the NIT really

Me too. Fun to watch early in the week. Just so long as Kentucky isn't in it

I meant as a fan of the game lol. As a Kentucky fan, hell no.

Well, hope you enjoy watching it. Let me know when SCs done.

Well, hope you enjoy watching it. Let me know when SCs done.

y'all got a good shot at doing work in it

y'all got a good shot at doing work in it

Sorry, but I dont give a lanekiffin.gif PT? It's a nothing/consolation tournament for teams that couldn't make the 68 team field.

Wow...I'd say you owe them a hell of a lot. How did that happen?

My neighbor I grew up with was a die hard Clemson fan and he was 5 years older. So I grew up pulling for them.

Then in 1995 my first taxable job was as an usher at the Carolina Coliseum. So I watched every home basketball game. When I first started the job I was pulling for Carolina to always lose.

Then we went on that run in the 96'-97's season with BJ McKie, Larry Davis and Melvin Watson. I found myself converted when they beat Kentucky to clinch the SEC Championship.

I have been hooked since then.

I'll never get excited about SC/college basketball again. After the last 40+ years of hoping, I've had enough. It's bad enough when we suck, but when we deserve a bid and get slighted, I'm done. We may get in every 15 or so years, but that's not enough to keep this guy interested.

Not to be a dick, but SC didn't really "deserve" a bid.

SEC should thank him. Only personality in the conference that brings attention to us. Billy D is gone and Pearl sucks too much to get air time. Who else is there?

Since when do you care about the conference?

Since when does "attention" matter to anyone besides Bama football fans and Kentucky basketball fans?

(hint: never and never)

Not to be a dick, but SC didn't really "deserve" a bid.

I guess that's why you said we were already secured in making the NCAAT a week or two ago when I said we needed at least the UGA game or the Arkansas game to make sure we got in. You said you didn't think they'd leave a team out with 23 wins from a power conference. We got 24.

Not to be dick, but you're starting to flip flop like Hogan, Joe.

I guess that's why you said we were already secured in making the NCAAT a week or two ago when I said we needed at least the UGA game or the Arkansas game to make sure we got in. You said you didn't think they'd leave a team out with 23 wins from a power conference. We got 24.

Well no wonder you're upset. You put stock in anything Joe had to say relating to basketball. No wonder. Now you've learned.

You don't see the difference in thinking they wouldn't leave a team out and actually deserving the bid?

I'm still surprised, but it's not like it was some massive snub. It wasn't even a snub.

Well no wonder you're upset. You put stock in anything Joe had to say relating to basketball. No wonder. Now you've learned.

I guess he could go read RuppsRafters and then you two could communicate on your level.

You don't see the difference in thinking they wouldn't leave a team out and actually deserving the bid?

I'm still surprised, but it's not like it was some massive snub. It wasn't even a snub.

Thanks for the meaningless explanation Hogan, I mean Joe.

Thanks for the meaningless explanation Hogan, I mean Joe.

You've never been described as rational or even-keeled, have you?