Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GAMECOCK_FAN

2016 NCAA Basketball Bracket Challenge

241 posts in this topic

SEC really does kind of stink though. The Top tier with Kentucky and Texas A&M is fine. That second tier had too many losses to teams towards the bottom and that's what hurts the perception.

Can't wait for the NIT bracket to be revealed. Hoping we are at least a 4 seed so Retin Oballsohard gets one more game at home.

yea I guess it's still worse than PAC 12 and big ten, obviously worse than big 12 and ACC.

SEC really does kind of stink though. The Top tier with Kentucky and Texas A&M is fine. That second tier had too many losses to teams towards the bottom and that's what hurts the perception.

Can't wait for the NIT bracket to be revealed. Hoping we are at least a 4 seed so Retin Oballsohard gets one more game at home.

This was a very average season for the sec.I'm surprised they gave us three teams.

Hopefully.......oh crap.......i'm tired of saying maybe next year....

I won't be filling out a bracket, but good luck to those of you who do

yea I guess it's still worse than PAC 12 and big ten, obviously worse than big 12 and ACC.

I still believe the conference as a whole is on an upward Trend, even though some national people would disagree. I expect all of Bama, Florida, State and Tennessee to be yearly dance contenders under their new head coaches over the next several years beginning next season. Kentucky will stay KY. Even though Hogan hates him, Stallings always has Vanderbilt in the discussion. I have my skepticism about Johnny Jones, Mike Anderson and even Bruce Pearl. But I think Avery, Howland, White and Barnes are going to help elevate the second and third tier teams to a higher level.

I still believe the conference as a whole is on an upward Trend, even though some national people would disagree. I expect all of Bama, Florida, State and Tennessee to be yearly dance contenders under their new head coaches over the next several years beginning next season. Kentucky will stay KY. Even though Hogan hates him, Stallings always has Vanderbilt in the discussion. I have my skepticism about Johnny Jones, Mike Anderson and even Bruce Pearl. But I think Avery, Howland, White and Barnes are going to help elevate the second and third tier teams to a higher level.

Honestly, Pearl is probably handcuffed at Auburn. It's a program that just can't be good on a consistent basis. UT is just one step above Auburn and we all saw the success he had there. It wouldn't be crazy for Louisville to consider him.

how did oregon get a 1 seed?

SOS AND RPI they said plus winning PAC 12. Should have been Sparty IMO.

Think USC and Georgia got screwed. Shows how much the committee and in essence the country views SEC basketball.

Don't worry folks, Ben howland and state is on the way.

I think the SC definitely got screwed, but the SEC isn't that good and every year in the tournament the conference generally does bad with what little they get in. It may be a flawed view, but last year's haven't helped us. Add that to the fax that SC isn't a big time school, doesn't have a single big time player(nationally speaking), and played soft OOC and we end up in the NIT. Before today I didn't even consider us being left out, but I guess that's just where we are. The one year we schedule a bunch of trash to start the season and it comes back to bite us in the ass. Still think we got screwed though.

NIT:

Bama - 5 seed, goes to Creighton

FL - 2 seed, hosts UNF

USC - 1 seed, hosts High Point

UGA - 3 seed, hosts Belmont

So... LSU would have made the NIT but declined an invitation.

I think the SC definitely got screwed, but the SEC isn't that good and every year in the tournament the conference generally does bad with what little they get in. It may be a flawed view, but last year's haven't helped us. Add that to the fax that SC isn't a big time school, doesn't have a single big time player(nationally speaking), and played soft OOC and we end up in the NIT. Before today I didn't even consider us being left out, but I guess that's just where we are. The one year we schedule a bunch of trash to start the season and it comes back to bite us in the ass. Still think we got screwed though.

Honestly, I've read every excuse in the book on why the selection committee slighted us: easy OOC schedule, lost to too many poor SEC teams, the SEC was too weak, they didn't like our colors, etc. They didn't bother to report that we did go 3-1 against those teams we played in the NCAAT.

As I mentioned in the other thread, if a 24 win team who finished in 3rd place in a major conference with a good conference record can't get an invite, then as far as I'm concerned SC will never be able to get there, at least with any consistency. So I wasted a whole season watching a hell of a lot of basketball.

No more. Men's college hoops is equivalent to the NBA for me now. And I can't remember the last time I've watched an NBA game.

Honestly, I've read every excuse in the book on why the selection committee slighted us: easy OOC schedule, lost to too many poor SEC teams, the SEC was too weak, they didn't like our colors, etc. They didn't bother to report that we did go 3-1 against those teams we played in the NCAAT.

As I mentioned in the other thread, if a 24 win team who finished in 3rd place in a major conference with a good conference record can't get an invite, then as far as I'm concerned SC will never be able to get there, at least with any consistency. So I wasted a whole season watching a hell of a lot of basketball.

No more. Men's college hoops is equivalent to the NBA for me now. And I can't remember the last time I've watched an NBA game.

I had a chance to listen to some of Martin's comments on the radio this morning. He made a good point about how when we scheduled OOC games we had no way of knowing what memphis, St. John's, or ucf would lose. It's not like he went out of his way to make sure it was really easy. Going into the year it looked solid and we did enough on paper to definitely warrant a spot in the tournament.

I expect us to continue to improve, but like you said it doesn't seem like we could consistently get in. If we continue to rise over the next few years but then have a "down year" like this one would we get left out again? I don't really keep up with the selection so I don't know the ins and outs of it like some, but I'm pretty sure it's been over 10 years since a team had this many wins and finished this high in a power conference yet got snubbed. To me the inconsistency in selection is the most frustrating part.

But I guess this is evidence that we should just leave the college football playoffs at 4. In basketball we put over 64 in and still have teams complaining about being left out lol..

I had a chance to listen to some of Martin's comments on the radio this morning. He made a good point about how when we scheduled OOC games we had no way of knowing what memphis, St. John's, or ucf would lose. It's not like he went out of his way to make sure it was really easy. Going into the year it looked solid and we did enough on paper to definitely warrant a spot in the tournament.

I expect us to continue to improve, but like you said it doesn't seem like we could consistently get in. If we continue to rise over the next few years but then have a "down year" like this one would we get left out again? I don't really keep up with the selection so I don't know the ins and outs of it like some, but I'm pretty sure it's been over 10 years since a team had this many wins and finished this high in a power conference yet got snubbed. To me the inconsistency in selection is the most frustrating part.

But I guess this is evidence that we should just leave the college football playoffs at 4. In basketball we put over 64 in and still have teams complaining about being left out lol..

Yeah, I read about his comments on scheduling and 3 teams had their top player transfer, or something like that.

2002 was the last time a team in a power confere ce with that many wins was snubbed. Read that yesterday.

I'm still pissed and will not be watching an March Madness. We got screwed.

I'm still pissed and will not be watching an March Madness. We got screwed.

it's now obvious they reward SOS and completely disregard whether you win those tougher games or not.

it's now obvious they reward SOS and completely disregard whether you win those tougher games or not.

This.

We made the tourney twice in a row after the natties with 11 and 12 losses I believe.

Just had a crazy SOS.

It's been known that really difficult SOS and a difficult non-con SOS will get you in if you just win a couple.

I'm pretty sure we are the first SEC team with 11 conference wins not to make the tourney.

Also I know we are the first Power 5 team with 24 total wins not to make it.

This is a load of:

Guy%20sneezes%20in%20the%20shower%20and%20shits%20on%20someone.gif

I'm pretty sure we are the first SEC team with 11 conference wins not to make the tourney.

This is a load of:

We had 10 conference wins and didn't even make the nit

Was Vandy your best win though?

That would explain it.

Was Vandy your best win though?

That would explain it.

No. At Texas A&M.

No. At Texas A&M.

Forgot about that one.

I was already baffled that SC didn't make it in and teams like Syracuse and Michigan did.

It had to have been the weak-as-hell non conference I guess.

This is a load of:

LSU had 11 as well.

But you're right, it's a load of bobby_petrino.gif.

I'll never get excited about SC/college basketball again. After the last 40+ years of hoping, I've had enough. It's bad enough when we suck, but when we deserve a bid and get slighted, I'm done. We may get in every 15 or so years, but that's not enough to keep this guy interested.

What's the prize in this challenge...dinner with Hogan?

What's the prize in this challenge...dinner with Hogan?

You get to masturbate to a picture of Obama. :lol: