Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

msubulldogfan1

Diaz going to miami

75 posts in this topic

Pretty sure I told y'all yesterday you're headed back to the bobby_petrino.gifter.

I love how badly it irritates you all that we're so much better than UK now.

I love how badly it irritates you all that we're so much better than UK now.

Y'all are trying to jump rank, you're one of us damnit.

no. It stinks down there and the beer sucks.

No, VANDY is one of you. We are no longer.

We have had 4 straight graduating classes Coke through here without knowing what it's like to lose to UK. Stoops doing work? Lulz

bobby_petrino.gifs tight lipped right now.

I think I'd be OK with tom Allen. I just wish we could get a top notch recruiter, that's where losing tony Hughes hurts us

bobby_petrino.gifs tight lipped right now.

I think I'd be OK with tom Allen. I just wish we could get a top notch recruiter, that's where losing tony Hughes hurts us

Hughes worked on Mississippi kids. It shouldn't be too hard to convince someone to stay home whose never been anywhere else.

You can't fault Diaz for wanting to go back home and work for richt. I get the feeling most of the coaching world loves richt. And Dan may not be the easiest guy to work for at times.

Yall should hire an X and O guy that is familiar with the 4-2-5.

You can't fault Diaz for wanting to go back home and work for richt. I get the feeling most of the coaching world loves richt. And Dan may not be the easiest guy to work for at times.

Yall should hire an X and O guy that is familiar with the 4-2-5.

What's ironic is the 4-2-5 started at State with Joe Lee Dunn. I don't recall him running it while at Ole Miss. I remember South Carolina attempting to copy us while I wad there. Joe Lee told us it was the highest form of flattery. We called them dog safeties they called them "spurs".

We've got some young guys now who might work really well in the 4-2-5. McLaurin comes to mind.

The most important part of the 4-2-5 is the husky position. You live and die by how good your husky is a lot of the time. I've learned that much. You need a really good tackling fast guy lol. Yall had the perfect fit in wells a couple years ago

The most important part of the 4-2-5 is the husky position. You live and die by how good your husky is a lot of the time. I've learned that much. You need a really good tackling fast guy lol. Yall had the perfect fit in wells a couple years ago

Rumors that we are talking with Tom Allen at USF. All I know about him is that he used to coach y'all's secondary, right?

Rumors that we are talking with Tom Allen at USF. All I know about him is that he used to coach y'all's secondary, right?

He was our lb and st coach.

mark mclaurin could be that guy. Dude is good, but a little too big for safety. There's been talk moving him to linebacker and now with brown leaving it could definitely happen.

he improved USFs defense significantly this year, and OMs defense markedly drooped fr last year...don't know if the latter is mainly due to Allen or not of course.

Looks like we hired Terrell Buckley, seems like a good hire on the surface.

Someone wanna post his coaching stats? I don't wanna look em up lol

We don't play you for a while, so I don't care enough to look it up either haha

Looks like we hired Terrell Buckley, seems like a good hire on the surface.

Someone wanna post his coaching stats? I don't wanna look em up lol

He was a corner for the dolphins around the 2000 mark and was damn good for a while. I was friends with his nephew as a kid.

He was a corner for the dolphins around the 2000 mark and was damn good for a while. I was friends with his nephew as a kid.

Feels pretty meh to me. Transitioning from NFL to NCAA coach is tough for a lot of former players, see Deshea Townsend and our secondary.

Feels pretty meh to me. Transitioning from NFL to NCAA coach is tough for a lot of former players, see Deshea Townsend and our secondary.

Townsend hasn't done bad. He brought in Brandon Bryant and developed taveze and Redmond very nicely. He's (so far) missed on Cleveland tho.

Jury is still out on him IMO, but a few other guys I think have a chance to do good that he's brought in like Chris stamps and smitherman.

nice tidbit, I know he was a big time college and NFL player.

Hia Louisville secondary had 13 picks, that's pretty good.

Maybe Tom Allen can give us all of freezes recruiting strategies. It appears he's the guy.

mark mclaurin could be that guy. Dude is good, but a little too big for safety. There's been talk moving him to linebacker and now with brown leaving it could definitely happen.

Peter's is already playing that role when we use 5 db's. I doubt McLaurin goes to LB this year. 1) We're already stacked there and 2) We're thin at playmakers at the Safety position.

Peter's is already playing that role when we use 5 db's. I doubt McLaurin goes to LB this year. 1) We're already stacked there and 2) We're thin at playmakers at the Safety position.

that was just what I heard about mclaurin. Peters strictly wants to be safety tho right? I believe Peters would be the best at safety over mclaurin. I think both see the field a lot next year either way.

• zartan
      there seems to be a lot of bad will going around on this site lately     i like it
    • L.A.Hog
      ya'll got one going..
    • dawgbit
      Also will never tell you it's got a headache when you get a few beers in you and decide to throw some meat in it...   I bought a Kamado knockoff a few years ago and love it. My egg didn't survive the move back to Mississippi and I just couldn't pull the trigger on another. For big grillin and smoking I built my own out of an old propane tank cut down by 1/3rd. Can do about ten Boston butts at a time. Smoked a half-dozen and pulled them for the fire dept and ems this past Wednesday. Did 24 half chickens at once last fall. Drawback is it takes a pile of charcoal to get it hot and keep it going.
    • cocky4ever
      Been way too long but we finally got a 5* commitment. Obviously a long way to go but hopefully we can hold on to him. This class really could end up being something special. https://southcarolina.rivals.com/news/five-star-defensive-end-zacch-pickens-commits-to-gamecocks   The state's top overall prospect decided not to wait. Originally planning to make his decision towards the end of his senior season, Anderson (S.C.) T.L. Hanna class of 2019 five-star defensive end  Zacch Pickens  committed to South Carolina Friday, according to sources at his spring game.   It was a team recruiting effort from the Gamecocks as head coach Will Muschamp, defensive line coach Lance Thompson, defensive coordinator Travaris Robinson and linebackers coach Coleman Hutzler all had a strong role in landing the nation's No. 16 overall prospect. Pickens was last on South Carolina's campus earlier this spring for a cookout event. Pickens, considered the No. 3 strongside defensive end in the country by Rivals, chooses South Carolina over offers from Alabama, Florida State, Clemson, Georgia, Nebraska, North Carolina, Penn State, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech and West Forest.  It was believed throughout the process that Clemson and Georgia were the two other top contenders. Pickens is the 12th commitment to Carolina's 2019 class.       This commitment bumps us up to #8 for the time being.      
    • cocky4ever
      Go back and read the article and it’s obvious. McCain can summon congress to work on a bipartisan healthcare bill? How long has he had to work on it? And what did he do, cast his vote to spit in the face of the bill he and republicans had all that time to work on. He can pass tax reform to create jobs? That’s already been done. He can continue his leadership on immigration reform and global warming? Just lol. Just admit that McCain spoke out against Trump on some issues so now he’s a hero to you when you wouldn’t have given him a second thought otherwise. 
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      possumslayer
      possumslayer
    2. 2
      smokeyone
      smokeyone
    3. 3
      nova
      nova
    4. 4
      bbqit