Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KnoxvilleDawg

Not even Crxxm lost the them in Starkville

68 posts in this topic

Seems to consistently be the case at all 4000000 programs he has interviewed at since coming here. Wouldn't be surprised if his simple inability to recruit turns programs off to him being their coach. Why would Miami want a guy that would push away all the local talent to FSU?

He would never lose to them again

looks like he interviewed. Heard he turned Maryland down twice.

I've never seen anything like what's happening with Mullen and all these rumors. It's dividing the (internet) fan base. Its craziness.

Mullen must have the best agent in the business. You never hear of other coaches names' being thrown around after every season like his.

I think it's mighty telling that you never hear Freeze's name thrown around...... "he's an OM guy" is not a valid excuse. Money talks..... which ironically is why other schools aren't contacting Freeze.

Mullen must have the best agent in the business. You never hear of other coaches names' being thrown around after every season like his.

I think it's mighty telling that you never hear Freeze's name thrown around...... "he's an OM guy" is not a valid excuse. Money talks..... which ironically is why other schools aren't contacting Freeze.

Don't go all SPED on us now

Nutt was up for a job every year

Kirby smart has been mentioned for jobs for the last 7 years.

Allot of the hype comes from media, with no sources, generating a bogus list of candidates.

You people need to relax. Mullen is a guy, with a career doing what he wants to do. If he wants to make a change or even just have an Fing coffee with another AD to hear what they say he has every right.

You all would hate to have that standard leveled on you. YOU ALL ARE TERRIBLE PEOPLE IF YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT TAKING ANOTHER JOB.

BB has it right. It's a business and a job. The only obligation to your employer is what your contract stipulates. If Mullen was an alumnus and/or former player you might could argue he should have further loyalty to MSU but he's not that, he's a guy from NH.....

I don't care if he takes a job. Not many posters here care, either. I care that either he or our next coach learns how to not WHIFF on elite talent. Merlin has shown over the course of his 7 years that he simply cannot recruit.

MSU's best NFL players were all Crxxm guys.

I don't care if he takes a job. Not many posters here care, either. I care that either he or our next coach learns how to not WHIFF on elite talent. Merlin has shown over the course of his 7 years that he simply cannot recruit.

MSU's best NFL players were all Crxxm guys.

May we see the most up to date list of the ALL-WHIFF team please?

Ready to see AJ Brown on there :trollface:

Edit: and Willie Gay

Honestly the recruiting has been so inept I haven't even kept up with it for the last 2 seasons. BB did a good job of keeping track of Lord Merlin's WHIFFs as well

Merlin against SEC West:

0-7 v. Bama

1-6 v. LSU

1-3 v. Freeze (will be 1-4 next year most likely)

1-3 v. aTm

3-4 v. Auburn

4-3 v. Ark

Merlin against SEC West:

0-7 v. Bama

1-6 v. LSU

1-3 v. Freeze (will be 1-4 next year most likely)

1-3 v. aTm

3-4 v. Auburn

4-3 v. Ark

Why do we only use Freeze as a measuring stick for OM while other SEC West teams have had different coaches when we've played them? Honest question because I just saw this posted on SPS as well. Still is pretty depressing.

I maintain my saying from a couple of seasons ago...... Mullen hasn't exactly raised the ceiling at MSU, he's mainly raised the floor, while flirting more regularly with the ceiling. In order to take that next step, we are going to have to regularly sprinkle in elite talent with our salt of the earth grinders. I don't think Mullen should leave because he is a good coach..... he just needs to quit being hard headed on recruiting and/or hire on some big time recruiters. And fire John Hevesy..... that's a given.

I,for one,would like to see his whiffing ass outta here...I used to like to pencil in the W....

Why do we only use Freeze as a measuring stick for OM while other SEC West teams have had different coaches when we've played them? Honest question because I just saw this posted on SPS as well. Still is pretty depressing.

I maintain my saying from a couple of seasons ago...... Mullen hasn't exactly raised the ceiling at MSU, he's mainly raised the floor, while flirting more regularly with the ceiling. In order to take that next step, we are going to have to regularly sprinkle in elite talent with our salt of the earth grinders. I don't think Mullen should leave because he is a good coach..... he just needs to quit being hard headed on recruiting and/or hire on some big time recruiters. And fire John Hevesy..... that's a given.

I put the Freeze star as opposed to just Ole Miss because obviously our fans care more about the present when it comes to Ole Miss versus what they care about other school. Those first three wins Merlin had against them were great, but unfortunately when you get your face kicked in 2 years in a row with the best QB you will ever have people begin to forget the good that happens, and rightfully so.

I love Merlin, he has raised the ceiling I think. We now want to compete for Big time bowl births instead of the Liberty bowl. We have a new standard at MSU thanks to Merlin, but if we are going to play to that standard we need to figure out how to stop WHIFFING on ELITE talent like we seem to do year in and year out

Honestly, I think the ceiling for Mullen at MSU was last year with y'all being 10-2.

But he has certainly raised the floor to around 5-6 wins IMO

The SECCG is perfect illustration of needing ELITE talent on the oline and edge rushers. UF keeps it close against a much more talented Bama because of ELITE pass rushers on the edge.

Henry is a big giant slow running back who can't make people miss and can't break tackles but is going to win the Heisman because his ELITE oline opens up giant holes for him to get an easy 4-6 on most plays.

Merlin must stop recruiting only linebackers and stop WHIFFING on elite talent, esp on the oline and edge rushers.

I would imagine that Saban calls off the dogs now and runs this thing out.One thing about him is he doesn't seem to want to rub an opponents face in it...

I would imagine that Saban calls off the dogs now and runs this thing out.One thing about him is he doesn't seem to want to rub an opponents face in it...

Dammit,wrong thread again......crap

• zartan
      there seems to be a lot of bad will going around on this site lately     i like it
    • L.A.Hog
      ya'll got one going..
    • dawgbit
      Also will never tell you it's got a headache when you get a few beers in you and decide to throw some meat in it...   I bought a Kamado knockoff a few years ago and love it. My egg didn't survive the move back to Mississippi and I just couldn't pull the trigger on another. For big grillin and smoking I built my own out of an old propane tank cut down by 1/3rd. Can do about ten Boston butts at a time. Smoked a half-dozen and pulled them for the fire dept and ems this past Wednesday. Did 24 half chickens at once last fall. Drawback is it takes a pile of charcoal to get it hot and keep it going.
    • cocky4ever
      Been way too long but we finally got a 5* commitment. Obviously a long way to go but hopefully we can hold on to him. This class really could end up being something special. https://southcarolina.rivals.com/news/five-star-defensive-end-zacch-pickens-commits-to-gamecocks   The state's top overall prospect decided not to wait. Originally planning to make his decision towards the end of his senior season, Anderson (S.C.) T.L. Hanna class of 2019 five-star defensive end  Zacch Pickens  committed to South Carolina Friday, according to sources at his spring game.   It was a team recruiting effort from the Gamecocks as head coach Will Muschamp, defensive line coach Lance Thompson, defensive coordinator Travaris Robinson and linebackers coach Coleman Hutzler all had a strong role in landing the nation's No. 16 overall prospect. Pickens was last on South Carolina's campus earlier this spring for a cookout event. Pickens, considered the No. 3 strongside defensive end in the country by Rivals, chooses South Carolina over offers from Alabama, Florida State, Clemson, Georgia, Nebraska, North Carolina, Penn State, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech and West Forest.  It was believed throughout the process that Clemson and Georgia were the two other top contenders. Pickens is the 12th commitment to Carolina's 2019 class.       This commitment bumps us up to #8 for the time being.      
    • cocky4ever
      Go back and read the article and it’s obvious. McCain can summon congress to work on a bipartisan healthcare bill? How long has he had to work on it? And what did he do, cast his vote to spit in the face of the bill he and republicans had all that time to work on. He can pass tax reform to create jobs? That’s already been done. He can continue his leadership on immigration reform and global warming? Just lol. Just admit that McCain spoke out against Trump on some issues so now he’s a hero to you when you wouldn’t have given him a second thought otherwise. 
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      possumslayer
      possumslayer
    2. 2
      smokeyone
      smokeyone
    3. 3
      nova
      nova
    4. 4
      bbqit