Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KnoxvilleDawg

Not even Crxxm lost the them in Starkville

68 posts in this topic

Lord Merlin didn't win a big game this year. Lost 3 out of 4 to them (the one win was a complete fluke). Going to lose 3 straight next year.

Merlin adding 2 stars to every recruit doesn't cut it, especially on the oline. Merlin simply can't recruit, we need him to get assistants who can or else we will watch UofM lap us in the SEC over the next several years.

So State fans have gone from praying that no one steals Mullen, to wishing someone would take him. Funny what a loss to your rival will do....

KD's always wanted Merlin gone.

I'm on the fence and have been for a while. Don't necessarily wish him out, but I am not convinced Dan's THE guy to get us to Atlanta, if we're ever able to get back there.

Who are we going to attract that's better? Another young coordinator who might be a home run or might be a bust? Scary proposition for a team on the cusp of breaking out of the cellar.

I don't want Merlin gone. I want him to pay more attention to recruiting ELITE talent especially on the oline and pass rushers.

Too many state fans were willing to ignore Merlin's obvious inability to recruit in his early years because he was a "bear killer" but now he sucks against Ole Miss so it's time for some serious reflection by the coaching staff on how to start getting some high-end talent

I don't want Mullen gone, bhf I ain't scared of him leaving. I may have gotten caught up in the arky win this past week.

But no doubt, recruiting, especially in the trenches has to get better. Hevesy sucks dick

I'm sick of only beating UK And OOC

I don't want Merlin gone. I want him to pay more attention to recruiting ELITE talent especially on the oline and pass rushers.

Too many state fans were willing to ignore Merlin's obvious inability to recruit in his early years because he was a "bear killer" but now he sucks against Ole Miss so it's time for some serious reflection by the coaching staff on how to start getting some high-end talent

Fair enough. And you aren't wrong.

Question is, how do you elevate recruiting in the poorest, the least populated, and one of the most competitively recruited states on the SEC?

Tough sledding made even tougher when others are already up the hill ahead of you.

Staff, I totally agree. Dan is too loyal to poor coordinators.

Dan needs to step it up or y'all figure out who the bag man is cause Freeze has raised the standard.

Dan needs to step it up or y'all figure out who the bag man is cause Freeze has raised the standard.

one huge problem is the compliance office. They make it impossible for us to even lightly "cheat"

one huge problem is the compliance office. They make it impossible for us to even lightly "cheat"

Asking the compliance office's permission to cheat ain't how it's done. Damn!

Fair enough. And you aren't wrong.

Question is, how do you elevate recruiting in the poorest, the least populated, and one of the most competitively recruited states on the SEC?

Tough sledding made even tougher when others are already up the hill ahead of you.

Staff, I totally agree. Dan is too loyal to poor coordinators.

First off, the success of the past couple years will give us a bump in two or three years by itself. Middle schoolers have early exposure to "cool" MSU who was number 1 for a while blah blah. The problem is now that we lost to UofM they will probably win their third in a row next year (4 out of 5)

The answer is quality assistants. The one season we had Brewster he brought us Wilson, Ross, Brown and Gray by himself. We need coaches like him to overcome Merlin's obvious inability to recruit and gameplan

Actually I said that without any research GU wouldn't be proud of me but besides 2013 class MSU has been pretty close or better according to rivals. Probably alot of players starting this year from that class for the Rebs.

Good players will make up for mediocre coaching all day everyday Les Miles would get lucky to win four games at MSU.

Here's my problem, Dan. You started this fight with OM. And for the first few rounds, we whipped the piss out of em. Don't turn pussy now that they're battling back.

The last two EBs he has looked like he couldn't have cared less. Then in the press conference, he's sitting there goofing off about how State finished higher than the media said we would. GTFO with that, Danny boy.

I don't disagree with anything you said......... but with that said.

HERE WE GO AGAIN. KD only shows up when the going gets tough. Like the opposite of a bandwagon fan.

I don't disagree with anything you said......... but with that said.

HERE WE GO AGAIN. KD only shows up when the going gets tough. Like the opposite of a bandwagon fan.

Idk what in the world you are talking about this board has been dead when it comes to football all season, and trudging through that magnolia thread is a waste of everyone's time.

I was on here all summer essentially waging war against UK fans by myself about basketball

Asking the compliance office's permission to cheat ain't how it's done. Damn!

fuking rookies....

Idk what in the world you are talking about this board has been dead when it comes to football all season, and trudging through that magnolia thread is a waste of everyone's time.

I was on here all summer essentially waging war against UK fans by myself about basketball

It was tongue in cheek... settle down Sally.

What war? As soon as y'alls bobby_petrino.gife basketball team was exposed exactly as we said it would, your mouth got real quiet in that thread too.

What war? As soon as y'alls bobby_petrino.gife basketball team was exposed exactly as we said it would, your mouth got real quiet in that thread too.

You locked the thread about how butthurt you were about Howland out recruiting Calipari for the number 1 PG recruit in the country because you couldn't take the heat.

You locked the thread about how butthurt you were about Howland out recruiting Calipari for the number 1 PG recruit in the country because you couldn't take the heat.

Wrong again sunshine. Do you have any credibility? Your own fan base laughs at you. :lol:

I will forever love KD for his ability to piss off the fans of a basketball school even though state has been horrid at basketball the last two years or so

Wrong again sunshine. Do you have any credibility? Your own fan base laughs at you. :lol:

So you didn't get mad that Howland out recruited Calipari for the number 1 PG in the country? You didn't change the thread title, move it around the board and lock it? Idk what exactly I am wrong about here

If MSU fans laugh at me it is because I say what needs to be said, which often is not what they want to hear. I pointed out Merlin's inability to recruit several years ago, but it didn't matter to them because we were winning Egg Bowls... We aren't winning Egg Bowls anymore save a fluke 2 years ago. Merlin must find a way to recruit talent and figure out how to not push top player who WANT TO PLAY for us (Newton, CJ Johnson, etc) away from our program

The problem on the O-line is talent evaluation. Martinez Rankin, Cole Carter, Jake Thomas, Damien Robinson, Kent Flowers.

Thats, 4, 3, 3, 4 and 3 stars respectively with all of them being RDSHT Sophomores and up. That should be your O-line this year. One that's not NFL caliber but at least servicable in the SEC.

Instead Rankin, Carter and Thomas are riding the pine because they're apparently not as good as the scrubs. Damien Robinson is hurt, after his dumbass taking what seems like 10 years to learn to play and Kent Flowers is off at Co-Lin.

I'm not gonna claim they'd be world beaters but :lanekiffin: me I don't think they'd give up 20+ sacks in the last 3 games of the season either....

Will Redmond going down and the offensive line were the biggest factors in this season.

• zartan
      It's funny black guy acts like a thug, carries a gun, gets killed by law enforcement, you smile but somehow you are all gonna be a senior citizen version of Rambo when confronted by the authorities  
    • zartan
      I dunno you tell us im sure that is your search criteria on Tinder
    • zartan
      I think the simplest indicator is the popular vote, which you lost by 3 million  how come Hillary actually paid a price for calling people deplorables, but nothing happens to Trump for anything he says? because conservatives are phony amoral hypocrites
    • WDavE
      But for the most part we're better armed....
    • smokeyone
      Zartan is slowly moving to the right end of the spectrum, he just enjoys the troll life
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      smokeyone
      smokeyone
    2. 2
      bbqit
      bbqit
    3. 3
      possumslayer
      possumslayer
    4. 4
      cocky4ever