Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BulldawgFan

Serious MSU Basketball Discussion

141 posts in this topic

We have 1 and done talent surrounded by experienced, fringe NBA talent... I can't think of a time that has ever happened for us before

Stans' last year...

Fringe NBA - moultrie, bost, sidney

1 and done - Hood.

Result- implosion due to them being coaches by a clown

We have a shot at

Abdul Ado. 75% chance

Mario Kegler, 5 star, decides Wednesday

De'ron Davis, picking between MSU and Indiana

You're getting Kegler IMO, Ado is 50/50 and Davis is a slight Indiana lean.

Wouldn't surprise me if you got all three

You're getting Kegler IMO, Ado is 50/50 and Davis is a slight Indiana lean.

Wouldn't surprise me if you got all three

Davis spent the weekend in Starkville, and was very, very complimentary of Howland and the facilities and whatnot. He said on twitter that Indiana was in the lead, but he and Kegler have also mentioned playing with Herard several times too. So, we'll just have to see.

Davis spent the weekend in Starkville, and was very, very complimentary of Howland and the facilities and whatnot. He said on twitter that Indiana was in the lead, but he and Kegler have also mentioned playing with Herard several times too. So, we'll just have to see.

You can never know in basketball recruiting, honestly.

If you thought football recruits flipping was bad...basketball is 10x worse.

And even when you get em somewhere, transfers are way more common in basketball than they are in football. I will say this, tho, Indiana aint the program they once were. They have more history than MSU, no doubt. But they aren't the program they have been since they got rid of Knight. They've made the Final Four once and only won their conference twice since they got rid of Bob.

And even when you get em somewhere, transfers are way more common in basketball than they are in football. I will say this, tho, Indiana aint the program they once were. They have more history than MSU, no doubt. But they aren't the program they have been since they got rid of Knight. They've made the Final Four once and only won their conference twice since they got rid of Bob.

Transfers are insanely common, we usually get 1-2 every year. And Andy Kennedy is a wizard so they all play significant roles.

We got a 4 star (5 star in some networks) SG transfer out of Miami who will play next year.

Closest we'll ever get to a 5 star...

i d always heard the opposite...basketball players rarely flip

i d always heard the opposite...basketball players rarely flip

Maybe I'm wrong then, just what I've always heard. Along with basketball recruiting being dirty af

Basketball recruiting is very dirty. When there's only a few recruits out there everyone wants it gets crazy. Juco recruiting is the dirtiest though

Basketball recruiting is very dirty. When there's only a few recruits out there everyone wants it gets crazy. Juco recruiting is the dirtiest though

Juco everything is dirty. lol

Mississippi Juco sports may be more cutthroat than the SEC if you can believe that.

I remember when everyone thought the exact opposite.

It's a case-by-case basis.

Calipari might need experience since he keeps fizzling out with talent only.

So tempted to summon SECats to see this statement...

So tempted to summon SECats to see this statement...

He's obsessed with me, so I'm sure he'll be here in no time to try and refute the obvious.

He's obsessed with me, so I'm sure he'll be here in no time to try and refute the obvious.

He has an automatic feed that emails him when you post

Mississippi Juco sports may be more cutthroat than the SEC if you can believe that.

Netflix is doing a documentary on MS JUCO football, will be interesting.

Netflix is doing a documentary on MS JUCO football, will be interesting.

Really? That's awesome.

Really? That's awesome.

They haven't gone public yet, but Netflix people have been filming a ton at EMCC and different schools and the word on social media is that it's supposed to be an "inside look" or some bobby_petrino.gif.

Basically, recruits VERY RARELY flip once they are committed mainly because big recruits typically commit and sign the LOI.

This was why we were so mad when Scotty Hopson flipped from us to UT. He got paid big time.

That being said, almost all the dirty business happens before the kid commit.

Kids get money and improper benefits starting in middle school.

Mario is ours to lose, Indiana got in late

Davis is Indianas to lose, we got n late.

We will see how it goes. You never will know much about what happens behind closed doors.

Basically, recruits VERY RARELY flip once they are committed mainly because big recruits typically commit and sign the LOI.

This was why we were so mad when Scotty Hopson flipped from us to UT. He got paid big time.

That being said, almost all the dirty business happens before the kid commit.

Kids get money and improper benefits starting in middle school.

Mario is ours to lose, Indiana got in late

Davis is Indianas to lose, we got n late.

We will see how it goes. You never will know much about what happens behind closed doors.

Percentages on Davis. What you think? 60-40, Indiana.

Not who you're asking, but from what I've heard from state 'crootin people that it's more 55/45

I think often the talk of "package deals" falls apart and guys go where they want but Davis is talking about it really late in the game.

If we get him I'll be thrilled, but our must get is Kegler. If we want to win next year we have to have an elite scorer to replace Newman

I think the decision has been made. He met with coaches and family yesterday and scheduled his commitment ceremony.

No use in speculating, it's over. Just have to wait and see.

I'm glad we got the last visit.

I'll settle for a championship every 6 years if that's the case. Unfortunately Calipari is held to higher expectations than anyone else

• zartan
      there seems to be a lot of bad will going around on this site lately     i like it
    • L.A.Hog
      ya'll got one going..
    • dawgbit
      Also will never tell you it's got a headache when you get a few beers in you and decide to throw some meat in it...   I bought a Kamado knockoff a few years ago and love it. My egg didn't survive the move back to Mississippi and I just couldn't pull the trigger on another. For big grillin and smoking I built my own out of an old propane tank cut down by 1/3rd. Can do about ten Boston butts at a time. Smoked a half-dozen and pulled them for the fire dept and ems this past Wednesday. Did 24 half chickens at once last fall. Drawback is it takes a pile of charcoal to get it hot and keep it going.
    • cocky4ever
      Been way too long but we finally got a 5* commitment. Obviously a long way to go but hopefully we can hold on to him. This class really could end up being something special. https://southcarolina.rivals.com/news/five-star-defensive-end-zacch-pickens-commits-to-gamecocks   The state's top overall prospect decided not to wait. Originally planning to make his decision towards the end of his senior season, Anderson (S.C.) T.L. Hanna class of 2019 five-star defensive end  Zacch Pickens  committed to South Carolina Friday, according to sources at his spring game.   It was a team recruiting effort from the Gamecocks as head coach Will Muschamp, defensive line coach Lance Thompson, defensive coordinator Travaris Robinson and linebackers coach Coleman Hutzler all had a strong role in landing the nation's No. 16 overall prospect. Pickens was last on South Carolina's campus earlier this spring for a cookout event. Pickens, considered the No. 3 strongside defensive end in the country by Rivals, chooses South Carolina over offers from Alabama, Florida State, Clemson, Georgia, Nebraska, North Carolina, Penn State, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech and West Forest.  It was believed throughout the process that Clemson and Georgia were the two other top contenders. Pickens is the 12th commitment to Carolina's 2019 class.       This commitment bumps us up to #8 for the time being.      
    • cocky4ever
      Go back and read the article and it’s obvious. McCain can summon congress to work on a bipartisan healthcare bill? How long has he had to work on it? And what did he do, cast his vote to spit in the face of the bill he and republicans had all that time to work on. He can pass tax reform to create jobs? That’s already been done. He can continue his leadership on immigration reform and global warming? Just lol. Just admit that McCain spoke out against Trump on some issues so now he’s a hero to you when you wouldn’t have given him a second thought otherwise. 
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      possumslayer
      possumslayer
    2. 2
      smokeyone
      smokeyone
    3. 3
      nova
      nova
    4. 4
      bbqit