Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BulldawgFan

Serious MSU Basketball Discussion

141 posts in this topic

I know kd and bb are probably the most up to date ,but in all seriousness it appears Howland is "doing work". Is there a chance for a ncaa tourney appearance this year?

It's possible, but the NIT is more of a possibility. Our back-court is obviously improved and I believe Gavin Ware will benefit from having more space in the paint this year. But, it's asking a lot of anyone to take this roster on his shoulders (Dear) and take them to the tournament. I expect 6-9 conference wins and we will see what happens.

Well, if we stay really healthy I think so. We are really thin in the front court.

Well, if we stay really healthy I think so. We are really thin in the front court.

How tough is the schedule looking at this point?

I expect y'all to make an NIT run this year, next year will be huge for y'all though

Who do y'all return?

We return the whole Ray team. Any success this year will be entirely up to level of coaching and Malik Newman.

Q Weatherspoon looked great as well.

I think we will be on the bubble most of this season. We have a great back court, could be the most talented backcourt MSU has ever had. Our front court is thin and frankly not very good and that could be tough for us during conference play

Yeah, I think y'all are at least one season away, but I think it's going to be interesting.

Yeah, I think y'all are at least one season away, but I think it's going to be interesting.

honestly, I imagine this year we will be good (Sr. Laden team with a legit star) and next year we will drop off a little bc we will be very young.

honestly, I imagine this year we will be good (Sr. Laden team with a legit star) and next year we will drop off a little bc we will be very young.

We will be 100x more talented next year. Talent >>>>>>>>>>> experience in college basketball

We will be 100x more talented next year. Talent >>>>>>>>>>> experience in college basketball

I remember when everyone thought the exact opposite.

not the case when it's not 5 or 6 top 50 players

not the case when it's not 5 or 6 top 50 players

We are going to sign 4 top 50 players

We are going to sign 4 top 50 players

there is only one (43 overall herard) top 50 player commited right now....

there is only one (43 overall herard) top 50 player commited right now....

We have a shot at

Abdul Ado. 75% chance

Mario Kegler, 5 star, decides Wednesday

De'ron Davis, picking between MSU and Indiana

We have a shot at

Abdul Ado. 75% chance

Mario Kegler, 5 star, decides Wednesday

De'ron Davis, picking between MSU and Indiana

Heard somewhere it would be against us and Pearl at AU for him.

I think we will be on the bubble most of this season. We have a great back court, could be the most talented backcourt MSU has ever had. Our front court is thin and frankly not very good and that could be tough for us during conference play

I don't know about the best ever. Stans had some hosses when we were winning the West.

I don't know about the best ever. Stans had some hosses when we were winning the West.

We have 1 and done talent surrounded by experienced, fringe NBA talent... I can't think of a time that has ever happened for us before

We have 1 and done talent surrounded by experienced, fringe NBA talent... I can't think of a time that has ever happened for us before

So you'd take potentially this/that backcourt group over Bowers, Zimmerman, and Frazier? I'd take that group over this class anyday. They were complete players not just scorers.

What's it take to make the tourney now? 23 or 24 wins? We hit like 13 last year. That's a 10 or 11 win increase. Depending on how the chips fall that may be doable.

We had a half dozen games where we went nearly double digit minutes without scoring. Probably pick up 4 or 5 more wins just avoiding that.

Star player is probably good for another couple and decent coaching could make the rest.

So you'd take potentially this/that backcourt group over Bowers, Zimmerman, and Frazier? I'd take that group over this class anyday. They were complete players not just scorers.

I want to see what the current group can do with some real coaching before I make comparisons. I think ware, sword and Thomas might be the biggest victims of the ray error.

Heard somewhere it would be against us and Pearl at AU for him.

Basketball recruiting can be nutz, but we are in the final two. The unfortunate thing is that Indiana is in the final two for Kegler and Davis. Those guys want to play together. It could be that one of our teams strikes out big time and they commit to the same school.

Ado could chase playing time at AU since he wouldn't be promised a starting job. (Herard and Davis would be out starting bigs.)