Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JDawg

Fire Cohen

13 posts in this topic

I'm more serious than kidding this time. Mingionne should have been long gone.

This is absolutely unacceptable.

Cohen should have stayed in Lexington where he was loved and appreciated.

;)

Stupid as lanekiffin.gif.

Fire a guy that was just in the chamionship. Lmao. Gotta love state fans.

It was a fluke run to the championship and he is a hitting master and our team hasn't been able to hit except said flukey run to the championship.

No firing needs to be done as of yet, but you can't give him a free pass for life because he lost in the national championship series.

It was a fluke run to the championship and he is a hitting master and our team hasn't been able to hit except said flukey run to the championship.

No firing needs to be done as of yet, but you can't give him a free pass for life because he lost in the national championship series.

Am I agreeing with you just now?

he got to the CWS the year before also...the super regional year before that.

No one in any sport is immune to a down year.

At the very least we need a new hitting coach....

We fired our last coach a year removed from the CWS finals.

We are much better off now.

Depends on each situation, but Mississippi State baseball is a sexy program lately.

Gotta capitalize when you're hot.

Here is the problem. The coaching community is a tight group. If you were to actually fire Cohen right now you'd scare off a lot of potential candidates. They have families and want security just like everyone else. You can't fire a guy because he didn't make it to omaha the 2 years after reaching the finals and for no other reasons

He's still a top 10 coach. He just set his team up around the old equipment. It will take a year or two to adjust. He went all in on small ball

Here is the problem. The coaching community is a tight group. If you were to actually fire Cohen right now you'd scare off a lot of potential candidates. They have families and want security just like everyone else. You can't fire a guy because he didn't make it to omaha the 2 years after reaching the finals and for no other reasons

He's still a top 10 coach. He just set his team up around the old equipment. It will take a year or two to adjust. He went all in on small ball

New equipment or old equipment, we've yet to have a decent offensive team since Cohen has been here except for the 2013 team, and even then we weren't great, we just had a great player in Renfroe.

Like I said, I'm being fairly tongue in cheek, because I don't think we should fire Cohen yet. I do believe we need a complete re-tooling of our offensive approach, however.

Only took Cohen half the season to realize you've gotta attack at the plate and bunting is a bad idea with the new gear