Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KnoxvilleDawg

Rick Ray fired.

80 posts in this topic

Just received a message that a "person of interest" came on a private learjet to GTR via Miami.

Just received a message that a "person of interest" came on a private learjet to GTR via Miami.

Only took them 10 years to catch on to flight aware

We've been hearing that tune for many, many moons.

Bama heard it for moons too

Bama heard it for moons too

Didn't they just win 3 of 4? Like Kentucky has done 3 of 4 past Final Fourz. I'd say the gap between Kentucky and Alabama in their respective sports with the rest of the SEC has widened, not shrunk.

Howland always seemed like a real prick to me.

And he underachieved in a big way his last few years.

I'd be optimistic, but nervous.

Howland always seemed like a real prick to me.

And he underachieved in a big way his last few years.

I'd be optimistic, but nervous.

He did indeed underachieve, but his bad is better or as good as MSU has ever had. I'm hoping that a couple seasons away has given him time to do a few things differently, I e Bruce pearl, and in a different way urban Meyer.

I wasn't saying it wasn't worth the risk, ha.

MSU would certainly be talked about a hell of a lot more.

Didn't they just win 3 of 4? Like Kentucky has done 3 of 4 past Final Fourz. I'd say the gap between Kentucky and Alabama in their respective sports with the rest of the SEC has widened, not shrunk.

You really think the gap has *widened*? A few years ago, most of the SEC couldn't even stay on the field with Alabama. This year, they lost to Ole Miss, beat State by 5, escaped LSU in OT, and gave up a billion yards to Auburn. The rest of the SEC is doing a much better job of competing with Alabama.

UK has won the SEC a grand total of one time in the last 3 years. That gap is so wide I can't stand it

3 years and fired it tough. He had to put out a dumpster fire when he got here.

Having said that, this is what you get when you hire someone from Clemson.

He did indeed underachieve, but his bad is better or as good as MSU has ever had. I'm hoping that a couple seasons away has given him time to do a few things differently, I e Bruce pearl, and in a different way urban Meyer.

The more I think about it, short of magically stealing Coach K from Duke, Howland is probably the best hire we could hope for. He's certainly the best available from what i've seen.

Sort of, but more like if sherril recruited and coached tom Brady, Calvin Johnson, and Richard Sherman.

Here's a few current NBA players he signed and coached.

Russell Westbrook, Kevin Love, jru holiday, Arron affualo ...

Tack on if Sherrill had played in 3 BCS games, won the division 10 times, and played for a national championship

Sherill won an NC at Pitt if I an not mistaken.

This part is debatable. With the SEC Network dough coming in, I would say that the gap between Bama and the MSU's and OM's of the world has shrunk. More money equals better coaches, better facilities, stadium upgrades, better recruiting because of better coaches, facilities, and stadium upgrades, etc. State will never have Bama money or prestige, but we're a darn sight closer than we were in the eighties.

And SEC basketball won't improve until the rest of the conference outside of UK and UF and basically starts to give a fiddler's fart.

OK fine guys. Everyone is right on Bama's keister. Kentucky is running circles around everyone. Better? :trollface: this is the Rick Ray thread anyway. Anyone other than Howland have legs at this point?

The difference is bama has to earn it

OK fine guys. Everyone is right on Bama's keister. Kentucky is running circles around everyone. Better? :trollface: this is the Rick Ray thread anyway. Anyone other than Howland have legs at this point?

No because we hired howland before we fired Ray apparently

Saying howland pretty much a done deal. Hell yea

Scotty had his bobby_petrino.gif together this time it seems

Sherill won an NC at Pitt if I an not mistaken.

Johnny Majors won the title in '76

Scotty had his bobby_petrino.gif together this time it seems

I believe he was probably worried about his own rear end.

I believe he was probably worried about his own rear end.

I really wonder if this deal wasn't done before Ray was let go...

3 years and fired it tough. He had to put out a dumpster fire when he got here.

Having said that, this is what you get when you hire someone from Clemson.

He got $6mil to do it. He's got no room to complain. I hope he takes some time to figure out where he went wrong and gets another shot to be successful. Things just aren't right when there are 8-10 minute scoring droughts and all the HC can talk is defense. I like good defense, but you gotta put the ball through the hoop from time to time...

I really wonder if this deal wasn't done before Ray was let go...

I have no doubts in my mind it was. Moving too quickly. He learned his lesson from when he hired Ray it seems.