Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KnoxvilleDawg

Rick Ray fired.

80 posts in this topic

There's tons of good mid major coaches please get one

Stansbury might go Bama if offered. Cold day in hell before he goes back to State.

There is ZERO chance Stansbury would even get offered by us. See my earlier post to qit. It would be like Saban retiring in football and us hiring Tommy Tuberville to replace him. He is not well-received in Tuscaloosa for his shadiness in Starkville.

According to ED, it's looking like Ben howland!

Holy hell what a hire that would be.

If State were to get Howland, we better not accept less than Gregg Marshall, Archie Miller or Shaka Smart.

That's an intriguing prospect. Get a man that's second only to wooden in wins at ucla and been to a few final fours. We could do a helluva lot worse I think...

helluva lot worse?

That'd be the best slam dunk home run hire we could make.

Howland would be a really good hire for anybody, but an especially impressive hire for State.

If this is really the kind of coaching search State is looking to carry out, the pressure just went up on Bill Battle.

I could get behind Howland but I'll believe it when I see it

Ben Howland would be a total slam. Coaching style and aggressiveness on the recruiting trail similar to Stansbury. Would be outstanding if he came here

I hope yall get him. Its time to turn up the heat on ky like we all have done on bama in football.

Since Howland works for NBC and NBC is reporting the interest I'd bet he's their source and he wants the job

Glad I was out of the U.S. for most of the Rick Ray era. I know that Howlands agent is pushing a ton of crap into the media to create a buzz. Howland will take the best job he can. Hopefully we can convince him its us. This would be a get of unreal size. Howland can change everything. That being said, I'll believe it when it's done.

Posted · Hidden by Porcine, March 24, 2015 - No reason given · Report post

SEC taking basketball seriously. No way

Football and TV may be taken care of for a little while. They have time look over the other sports now.

I hope yall get him. Its time to turn up the heat on ky like we all have done on bama in football.

We've been hearing that tune for many, many moons.

Absolutely. Kentucky has obviously struggled against them all. Only managed to win by 15ppg instead of 25+. It's mildly disconcerting.

you never like seeing a former coach go to a conference rival, but that said, good luck to bama if they pick stans. he has some serious drawbacks, but he is a great recruiter and plays the aau game well. that aside, bama fans, if you pick stans, prepare for some serious frustration.

Good news, Depaul no longer feels like a player for Ben Howland per a few sources

I don't follow basketball much, but does this feel like when we hired the Kang back in the day? Ex-headcoach has been out of the game for a while, won other, more prestigious places, wants to get back into the ring?

I don't follow basketball much, but does this feel like when we hired the Kang back in the day? Ex-headcoach has been out of the game for a while, won other, more prestigious places, wants to get back into the ring?

Sort of, but more like if sherril recruited and coached tom Brady, Calvin Johnson, and Richard Sherman.

Here's a few current NBA players he signed and coached.

Russell Westbrook, Kevin Love, jru holiday, Arron affualo ...

Tack on if Sherrill had played in 3 BCS games, won the division 10 times, and played for a national championship

• zartan
      there seems to be a lot of bad will going around on this site lately     i like it
    • L.A.Hog
      ya'll got one going..
    • dawgbit
      Also will never tell you it's got a headache when you get a few beers in you and decide to throw some meat in it...   I bought a Kamado knockoff a few years ago and love it. My egg didn't survive the move back to Mississippi and I just couldn't pull the trigger on another. For big grillin and smoking I built my own out of an old propane tank cut down by 1/3rd. Can do about ten Boston butts at a time. Smoked a half-dozen and pulled them for the fire dept and ems this past Wednesday. Did 24 half chickens at once last fall. Drawback is it takes a pile of charcoal to get it hot and keep it going.
    • cocky4ever
      Been way too long but we finally got a 5* commitment. Obviously a long way to go but hopefully we can hold on to him. This class really could end up being something special. https://southcarolina.rivals.com/news/five-star-defensive-end-zacch-pickens-commits-to-gamecocks   The state's top overall prospect decided not to wait. Originally planning to make his decision towards the end of his senior season, Anderson (S.C.) T.L. Hanna class of 2019 five-star defensive end  Zacch Pickens  committed to South Carolina Friday, according to sources at his spring game.   It was a team recruiting effort from the Gamecocks as head coach Will Muschamp, defensive line coach Lance Thompson, defensive coordinator Travaris Robinson and linebackers coach Coleman Hutzler all had a strong role in landing the nation's No. 16 overall prospect. Pickens was last on South Carolina's campus earlier this spring for a cookout event. Pickens, considered the No. 3 strongside defensive end in the country by Rivals, chooses South Carolina over offers from Alabama, Florida State, Clemson, Georgia, Nebraska, North Carolina, Penn State, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech and West Forest.  It was believed throughout the process that Clemson and Georgia were the two other top contenders. Pickens is the 12th commitment to Carolina's 2019 class.       This commitment bumps us up to #8 for the time being.      
    • cocky4ever
      Go back and read the article and it’s obvious. McCain can summon congress to work on a bipartisan healthcare bill? How long has he had to work on it? And what did he do, cast his vote to spit in the face of the bill he and republicans had all that time to work on. He can pass tax reform to create jobs? That’s already been done. He can continue his leadership on immigration reform and global warming? Just lol. Just admit that McCain spoke out against Trump on some issues so now he’s a hero to you when you wouldn’t have given him a second thought otherwise. 
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      possumslayer
      possumslayer
    2. 2
      smokeyone
      smokeyone
    3. 3
      nova
      nova
    4. 4
      bbqit