UAdan

Official 2014-2015 Atlanta Braves Offseason Thread

171 posts in this topic

I told my 10 yr old son, who is a HUGE Heyward fan, about the trade today. He said, "Well, I guess I'm a Cardinals fan now."

saw we were after Lester....

scared to think what we're going to give away

TO GET MORE lanekiffin.gifING PITCHING

Hart already needs to go !!!

I told my 10 yr old son, who is a HUGE Heyward fan, about the trade today. He said, "Well, I guess I'm a Cardinals fan now."

You raised him right.

Lester is either going to boston or cubs. Too old and expensive for us. He is meeting with the team though

We will prob make a run at volquez for a 5th starter. Lot of rumbling that we are going after Saunders in Seattle. And there's also a rumor deal in play with bj going to the cubs for Edwin Jackson

Lester is either going to boston or cubs. Too old and expensive for us. He is meeting with the team though

We will prob make a run at volquez for a 5th starter. Lot of rumbling that we are going after Saunders in Seattle. And there's also a rumor deal in play with bj going to the cubs for Edwin Jackson

dog bobby_petrino.gif for dog bobby_petrino.gif

Our pitching wasn't the problem, but we still had to replace Santana/ Harangutan. Neither will be in the rotation next year.

No way do we get Lester, though, and honestly I'd rather search for a big bat and just get like a No. 4 or 5 type starter. I think Teheran, Miller, Wood and Minor is a very strong rotation by itself.

Our pitching wasn't the problem, but we still had to replace Santana/ Harangutan. Neither will be in the rotation next year.

No way do we get Lester, though, and honestly I'd rather search for a big bat and just get like a No. 4 or 5 type starter. I think Teheran, Miller, Wood and Minor is a very strong rotation by itself.

I want Edison as our #5

Medlen and Beachy aren't coming back??

Pena and venters gone

@@UAdan we added Jose peraza to the 40 man. Looks like we are hoping he can contribute this year. Had the tools to be a great leadoff hitter.

Neither will be ready until summer. And nobody knows how they will come back.

If they come back in full form, we could potentially have the best 7 man rotation in history...lol

Last year we were supposed to be good and sucked

This year were supposed to suck I bet we win the East

If they come back in full form, we could potentially have the best 7 man rotation in history...lol

Lol. Trade then for more prospects

We could have y'all beat.

It's depressing how thin our farm system has gotten. We used top have a top 5 system every year.

We could have y'all beat.

Why couldn't y'all have thrown in mike mayers and made me feel a little better

Pena and venters gone

@@UAdan we added Jose peraza to the 40 man. Looks like we are hoping he can contribute this year. Had the tools to be a great leadoff hitter.

\

Peraza is the sole reason I'm not upset over losing TLS, even though I was a TLS fanboy over the summer. Peraza has Rafael Furcal written all over him.

Probably only as a bullpen/long relief arm. There's no guarantee either will pitch next year.

Medlen and Beachy are the most popular useless arms we'll ever have, unfortunately.

I saw we were in it for some Cuban slugger...I don't know anything about him.

Rumors are that we're in it for Lester. If we were able to get him or Scherzer, this team would be insane.

Rumors are that we're in it for Lester. If we were able to get him or Scherzer, this team would be insane.

Don't see him in STL. Most likely Boston. Braves are "in it" for Lester too, I think they're hoping he will take less for the ability to be at home all the time because he lives in ATL (why? I have no clue because he's not from GA).