UAdan

Official 2014-2015 Atlanta Braves Offseason Thread

171 posts in this topic

The Braves are about to blow bobby_petrino.gif up this offseason. Justin Upton, Evan Gattis, Jason Heyward, BJ Upton and Mike Minor all on the chopping block.

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/baseball/braves-could-go-rebuild-mode-aim-toward-2017/nh59t/?ecmp=ajc_social_twitter_2014_braves_sfp

Personally, I'm excited for it. We aren't going to be able to resign both Justin and Jason next offseason anyways, so we might as well trade one (or both) for a huge return. Also, Gattis would get us a boatload.

Word is we are looking for top-flight young MLB-ready pitchers, and top prospects. Probably about to punt the 2015 season, but we need to replenish the farm for 2016 and beyond.

Y'all still have a solid team and are much closer to contending than rebuilding. I don't understand why y'all are dumping everyone.

Y'all still have a solid team and are much closer to contending than rebuilding. I don't understand why y'all are dumping everyone.

Heyward had a 2 year deal that we're likely not going to be able to renew. Honestly though, with his inconsistent offense I don't blame us. Gonna suck though, fan favorite.

Justin Upton is our biggest trade bait, he had a great offensive year but he strikes out a ton and it doesn't fit the needs of our lineup. We need to flip him for multiple assets.

BJ is obviously a contract we desperately need off the books.

Evan Gattis is a 28 year old whose future is obviously at DH. Betancourt is our catcher. There are multiple AL teams that would pay a pretty penny for him.

Mike Minor got a big new deal last summer but he had a terrible season off of a surgery that killed his confidence. I think we keep him but he needs to turn back into 2013 Minor.

HFS summed up everything perfectly. It all has to do with the timing of the contracts in the near future.

Edited by UAdan

@@Mizzou_Fan the Cardinals need a corner OFer and we have two up for sale. You'd be a great trade partner as we seek talented young SP. Ie Shelby Miller.

We have to keep Heyward. I don't care what it costs. If we don't it's going to be a Wainwright type deal.

Still too meh to discuss, interested to see what we fire sale though.

@@Mizzou_Fan the Cardinals need a corner OFer and we have two up for sale. You'd be a great trade partner as we seek talented young SP. Ie Shelby Miller.

Yeah, I can definitely see us making a trade. We could get a corner OFer and maybe a reliever and we could trade either Shelby or Martinez.

Already got the depression pills ready

overdose and gimme half

Yeah, I can definitely see us making a trade. We could get a corner OFer and maybe a reliever and we could trade either Shelby or Martinez.

Throw in mike mayers while your at it

La Stella gone. Vizcaino back.

Weird trade. Unexpected. Seems like we could've gotten more...however...the best part of this deal might be the international bonus pool money that could enable us to be players in the sweepstakes for Cuban all-world talent Yoan Moncada.

Gon miss Matt Carpenter Jr though.

If Viz could ever stay healthy he could be a key bullpen piece in the late innings.

We just traded Heyward to the Cardinals. lanekiffin.gif this man. I'm done.

We gift wrap them wainwright. And now gift wrap them Heyward. Enjoy the free all star cards

We gift wrap them wainwright. And now gift wrap them Heyward. Enjoy the free all star cards

Thanks again, Braves.

Thanks boys. Hope Miller gets a real chance now. Seems like a good guy, but just never really could break through

to the Cards ???

idiots and we still got Fredi...amazing

bout done with this stupidity

To be honest though, I'd be pissed if I was a Braves fan. Heyward was the next lifelong Brave. I'm pretty shocked