• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CrimsoNation713

Saban releases depth chart

35 posts in this topic

They've got A'Shawn Robinson listed as the starting nose guard.... they're mixed up on that one.

They've got A'Shawn Robinson listed as the starting nose guard.... they're mixed up on that one.

Just listened to the press conference. Saban said A'Shawn is the starter at nose guard in the nickel, Ivory in the base. Get the feeling we'll see more nickel than base so..

Although, there must be a mistake. As I was informed that Bama would have a "shoddy" secondary because 2 true freshmen at the corners. Hmmmm, something is a miss.

Just listened to the press conference. Saban said A'Shawn is the starter at nose guard in the nickel, Ivory in the base. Get the feeling we'll see more nickel than base so..

we rarely setup defense in the 3-4

we rarely setup defense in the 3-4

Just passing along what he said. A'Shawn will be on the field either way, Ivory will not be against uptempo teams in favor of quicker guys.

He's very athletic, so he's a good choice against a passing-oriented HUNH team; he might not be the first choice against Arkansas or LSU, though.

He's very athletic, so he's a good choice against a passing-oriented HUNH team; he might not be the first choice against Arkansas or LSU, though.

A'Shawn led the team in sacks last year as an edge rusher.... and now he's the nose guard handling double teams?

Would you put Cornelius Bennett at NG?

A'Shawn led the team in sacks last year as an edge rusher.... and now he's the nose guard handling double teams?

Would you put Cornelius Bennett at NG?

If I had 2-3 other solid rushers and I knew that my opponents OL sucked, I just might. Anyway, I'll trust Saban and Davis on this one. It's not like we'll be playing a lot of 3-4 against WV anyway.

Bama d will look different this year. Lots of speed and athleticism up front, especially against the tempo teams . I take it that A'Shawn is the most versatile of the bunch.

Don't be surprised if A'Shawn Robinson is the SEC player of the year.

What's up with Vogler starting at TE ahead of OJ Howard?

What's up with Vogler starting at TE ahead of OJ Howard?

Think the / means either or.

Not really anything that surprising, imo. Things are always ripe for shaking up, so it is never easy to hold on to any ranking at Alabama. There is always the element of competition breathing down your neck!

No clear cut starting QB? That would be kind of worrisome if I were an Alabama fan. Sure it could be that both are just that good, but you need a clear leader IMO

No clear cut starting QB? That would be kind of worrisome if I were an Alabama fan. Sure it could be that both are just that good, but you need a clear leader IMO

Either both are doing well or both doing bad. We'll know very soon. Nothing too unusual for Saban in this situation, same scenario played out in 11. Schedule allows for this competition to play out for a few games.

I'll be worried if both look iaBdfkZ.pngty though.

Why tip your hand to the QB starter when you can force WV to prepare for two different QBs?

We won't know anything for a while... it will depend on who learns the plays best and can execute them consistently. I am not going to fret. We will let that fall on the coaches. That is what they do best!

Kinda random but I'm watching the SEC Network. Why would you have a commentator named "Booger" ?

carry on...

Kinda random but I'm watching the SEC Network. Why would you have a commentator named "Booger" ?

carry on...

I love your avatar!

I love your avatar!

ty maam !!

The last time we had this sort of uncertainty at QB it worked out well.

Not nearly as concerning for a team who has had #1 recruiting classes for the last 7 years. With that backfield, the QB doesn't have to be great anyway. I'm hoping the same for UGA

The last time we had this sort of uncertainty at QB it worked out well.

Alabama just needs a another game manager...

• jacobp
      Mizzou by 6
    • TheRealBrave
      And you keep mistaking me for some ardent Trump fan. Don't know how many times I have to tell you, I voted for Kasich and loved when Mitt Romney tore Trump apart   I am about as far from a protectionist as you will find
    • TheRealBrave
      LSU has this easily, Locke hasn't faced a defense anywhere near LSU's level yet. LSU 24 Mizzou 10
    • L.A.Hog
      Exactly, he tells you what you want to hear.With no plan to follow.... But he'll reveal it soon...afrer all, its only two months til election..he'll let us know pretty soon, I reckon, what his plan is.... but that wall is the plan, millions of dollars that will be pissed off before construction, then billions to build it and we pay for it.When I say we,i don't include trump because he don't pay taxes.He's a rich welfare baby.... screw that deadbeat bitch...
    • smokeyone
      Maybe it's been so long since we have seen a candidate with a clue we don't recognize them anymore.  Boarders, Standards (law), and Culture. The fundamental essence of a nation. As it stands the system has all but removed them from this dying once great nation. Nobody respects them anymore. No one want to acknowledge they matter. Hell Trump wasn't my first or second choice but he has the message we need to hear
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      bbqit
      bbqit
    2. 2
      razorhead
      razorhead
    3. 3
      foxflyer5
      foxflyer5
    4. 4
      JoeGator