• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dawgfan4life24

South Carolina's Mike Davis questionable for season opener against Texas A&M

15 posts in this topic

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/08/south_carolinas_mike_davis_que.html

South Carolina running back Mike Davis hasn't practiced all week and could be questionable to play in the ninth-ranked Gamecocks' season-opener on Aug. 28 against No. 21 Texas A&M, according to reports.

"Mike Davis has been hurt, he hasn't practiced all week," Gamecocks coach Steve Spurrier told the Sportstalk radio network after Wednesday's practice. "I don't know if he'd even be able to start or not. But we got Brandon Wilds, he's ready to go. Shon Carson, Dave Williams, so we're in good shape there."

Davis, who was fourth in the SEC in rushing last year with 1,183 yards and 11 touchdowns, has a rib injury but he and running backs coach Everette Sands told The State earlier this week that it wasn't anything serious.

The Gamecocks are already missing starting right guard in Mike Matulis, out with a sprained left knee. One of his potential backups, Cody Waldrop, has also missed the last two practice days with an oblique injury.

Tell me USCe guys. Is this a big deal? I cant imagine A&M's defense being very good, Hows USCe's depth at RB?

Tell me USCe guys. Is this a big deal? I cant imagine A&M's defense being very good, Hows USCe's depth at RB?

We're pretty solid at RB. If Davis can't play, it will sting a bit, but Wilds is a capable back-up.

We also have Shon Carson which is a very good "scat back".

"I don't know if he'd even be able to start or not. But we got Brandon Wilds, he's ready to go.

I love headlines that misrepresent actual quotes!

Probably not a huge loss for the first two games...any longer than that and I'd say it hurts a good bit.

As long as he's back for Georgia. I think that should be the goal. Get him back for Week 3 as close to 100% as possible

Mike agrees...

@Mike28davis

Y'all really think I'm going to miss the first game ? 1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png ok

HAHAHA glad to hear it. We need some game film on him.

:D

Christmas card list:

Russ the mascot

Coach Mark Richt

TrueGCFan

They could be down to their 3rd string RB and still put up 40 on A&M.

Think that D is that bad?

Christmas card list:

Russ the mascot

Coach Mark Richt

TrueGCFan

9rDX5.gif

Good, Good, Let the smack flow through you...