• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GAMECOCK_FAN

Week 1: Arkansas at Auburn

Arkansas at Auburn   51 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win?

• Arkansas (in an upset)
    • Auburn (by 21 points or less)
    • Auburn (by more than 21 points)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

213 posts in this topic

Here's your official game thread for discussion and predictions on Week 1's matchup on August 30th with Arkansas (0-0, 0-0) at Auburn (0-0, 0-0). The opening line is Auburn (-21.5).

Closer than expected.... Arky comes out of the gate fired up. Arky is just still a year away from having all the pieces in place and Auburn has a ton of talent still.

Arky 24

Aub 28

Arkansas you are going to have to wait for your first sec win this season. but dont worry it wont be like you didnt have one last year.

Low scoring first half. Auburn will probably take it without too much difficulty, but the spread is way way off. 10 point game max.

No inclinations that we'll win this game. But its going to be closer than some of the Barners here think it will be.

I expect a close game for a number of reasons.

1. We are decimated right now with injuries/suspensions. Marshall and Mincy out for a while (starting QB/CB). Alex Kozan out for the season (starting OL), Carl Lawson out for the season (Starting DE), Robinson Therezie out for the game (starting Star).

2. Regardless of talent, expectations, etc Auburn is always seems to play a crappy first game (see: WSU, Utah State, Arkansas State, etc).

3. Arkansas will be much improved. Allen will prove to be a more than servicable QB this year, their OL is massive and Williams/Collins are going to have a great game. The jury is still totally out on their defense.

In the end, I expect both teams to be held well below their season average in scoring. I think Arkansas will keep the ball away from Gus like last year when we only had 55 snaps. Also like last year I expect the AU game plan to be pretty basic. Lots of long drives for both teams, and in the end I think a big play on defense and a 4th qtr drive will seal the win or even put Auburn ahead in the 4th qtr.

Tigers 27, Hogs 23

Dam,I'm sick of opening the season with cupcakes........

Troll head and iaBdfkZ.png

I like the attitude

you got moxy kid

One thing I do leading up to every game is check out the opponents message boards, stream their radio stations, etc to get a feel for how they see the game. The ole boys at Hogville consider this one a foregone conclusion win for the hogs. And there's some real big talk coming from Brandon Allen to. Other day he said "We're gonna beat Auburn."

Hogville is not a place for intelligent conversation. Still, it's a great place to get news, interviews, PC's, and recruiting updates. I imagine most fans are very positive this time of year. It doesn't help that the Razorback media always pumps out super sunshine about the state of the football team. There is a lot of reason to suspect that Arkansas is vastly improved, but truth is no one knows jack until Aug 30th.

I watched the interview with Brandon Allen and he didn't sound convincing. Still, if it makes you play better or it installs confidence in your teammates, then might as well. I think it could be a reflection of Bielema of why he trash talks a little, to try to instill some confidence in the team. Auburn players believed last year and look where they ended up.

after the game, auburn will be like "holy iaBdfkZ.png our run defense is terrible".

not sure if hogs will win or lose, but we will run like dmac and felix.

after the game, auburn will be like "holy iaBdfkZ.png our run defense is terrible".

not sure if hogs will win or lose, but we will run like dmac and felix.

I agree with this 100%. 300 yard day on the ground for Arkansas.

One thing I do leading up to every game is check out the opponents message boards, stream their radio stations, etc to get a feel for how they see the game. The ole boys at Hogville consider this one a foregone conclusion win for the hogs. And there's some real big talk coming from Brandon Allen to. Other day he said "We're gonna beat Auburn."

I've perused over there a bit and while there are some posters predicting a win, I think the overwhelming majority.

I must watched a different interview with Allen as well. Sounded to me he said something along the lines of " I feel like we're going to win that game." Which is exactly what you want your players to think, no matter what.

I'm with jacob on this one. I think it'll be a close game but Auburn wins. I think it'll come down to our linebackers. Auburn's misdirection offense will confuse our linebackers and cause them to lose gap control and discipline. Our best linebacker is probably Brook Ellis and he's a true sophmore. The newcomers are more athletic and fast than the veterans, but are too inexperienced.

I'm with jacob on this one. I think it'll be a close game but Auburn wins. I think it'll come down to our linebackers. Auburn's misdirection offense will confuse our linebackers and cause them to lose gap control and discipline. Our best linebacker is probably Brook Ellis and he's a true sophmore. The newcomers are more athletic and fast than the veterans, but are too inexperienced.

Question for you and @@jacobp

I saw one of your linebackers, Peters, left the program. He was a big time recruit wasn't he? Did his leaving hurt LB depth or was he just a bust?

Question for you and @@jacobp

I saw one of your linebackers, Peters, left the program. He was a big time recruit wasn't he? Did his leaving hurt LB depth or was he just a bust?

He was a big recruit but he was a bust. He wasn't even listed on the 2 deep. They gave him the option of switching to fullback, he tried it one day and didn't like it. He's headed to Louisiana Lafayette.