• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GAMECOCK_FAN

Week 1: West Virginia vs. Alabama (in Atlanta, GA)

West Virginia vs. Alabama   30 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win?

• West Virginia (in an upset)
    • Alabama (by 26 points or less)
    • Alabama (by more than 26 points)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

250 posts in this topic

Here's your official game thread for discussion and predictions on Week 1's matchup on August 30th with West Virginia (0-0, 0-0) vs. Alabama (0-0, 0-0) in Atlanta, GA. The opening line is Alabama (-26.5).

Bama by however much they want.... but I think Saban steps off the gas after they're up by 30 or so

BAMA 42

WVU 10

WVU could have a decent offense this year, but defense is poor at best. Bama can attempt < 5 passes and still win this game easily.

It will be interesting to see what our new offense looks like under Kiffin and how our QB rotation works. How will the O-line look? One big positive is that Alabama should improve throughout the season, though this team may start slow this year.

If I wasn't such a big Bammer I'd drive down the road a few miles and watch Auburn play Arkansas. I know I'm going down for gameday anyway. I may watch Bama on the replay

I won't be surprised to see Bama struggle a little early. Probably see both qb's get time and quite a few young guys getting their feet wet. That said, WV gets an ass whooping.

Bama by however much they want.... but I think Saban steps off the gas after they're up by 30 or so

BAMA 42

WVU 10

If Bama is cruising, Bama may not let up as quickly as we think. There will be additional factors at work:

1. Making a statement about his ability to beat the HUNH.

2. Giving both Coker and Sims a chance to shine.

3. Rumors of a large HUNH package for Sims are rampant, and Saban may let Sims go nuts with it, just to give future opponents additional nightmares.

JT is right, too many things to work out to take the foot off the gas early

BAMA 56. WV 9

I think the game may be a little closer than expected due to Saban fooling around with the QB situation.

Bama scores 666 points and Kiffin and Saban laugh hysterically together at the carnage. Football season is here you motherlanekiffin.gifers

If Bama is cruising, Bama may not let up as quickly as we think. There will be additional factors at work:

1. Making a statement about his ability to beat the HUNH.

2. Giving both Coker and Sims a chance to shine.

3. Rumors of a large HUNH package for Sims are rampant, and Saban may let Sims go nuts with it, just to give future opponents additional nightmares.

I'd love to see a HUNH package from bama because I think if they ran it they'd be unstoppable, and I can definitely see curb stomping WVU for the last 2 reasons... but if you are trying to make a point that you have the HUNH well defended you'll need to prove it against a much better team than the current sad excuse that is WVU, so I don't see reason number 1 being a real reason to run up the score.

Bama scores 666 points and Kiffin and Saban laugh hysterically together at the carnage. Football season is here you mother :lanekiffin:ers

Is it true that 666 is Nick Saban's phone number ?

Is it true that 666 is Nick Saban's phone number ?

That's just his office extension number in Hell

I'd love to see a HUNH package from bama because I think if they ran it they'd be unstoppable, and I can definitely see curb stomping WVU for the last 2 reasons... but if you are trying to make a point that you have the HUNH well defended you'll need to prove it against a much better team than the current sad excuse that is WVU, so I don't see reason number 1 being a real reason to run up the score.

I'm so glad you said it....if we were to go the hunh EVERYONE ELSE would begin to bitch about the hunh. cuz we would beat everyone's head in with it

I'm so glad you said it....if we were to go the hunh EVERYONE ELSE would begin to bitch about the hunh. cuz we would beat everyone's head in with it

I don't think Alabama would really be any better with the HUNH. Y'all are successful because of great efficieny with the offense.

Since big 12 fans acted like ok state beating MSU was indicative of how the two conferences stacked up can we say Bama beating wv by 35 is indicative of how much better the SEC is this year?

Disagree. HUNH requires different pieces than what you guys have. You guys are good right now because bama has perfected the ground and pound game with a strong defense. Change in system would require a change in a lot of things.

Disagree. HUNH requires different pieces than what you guys have. You guys are good right now because bama has perfected the ground and pound game with a strong defense. Change in system would require a change in a lot of things.

Don't know our personnel huh

Don't know our personnel huh

They're pretty good. We've taken 2 of the last 4 games from them though so I'm not impressed with the faux dynasty.

They're pretty good. We've taken 2 of the last 4 games from them though so I'm not impressed with the faux dynasty.

Faux dynasty? Seriously?

I'll warn you now Tide fans...when a Mountaineer asks you to play corn hole, it ain't what you think.

• Titans4Vols
      Arkansas is only favored by 1 point more(35) over Alcorn State than Alabama is over Kentucky...that is insane.
    • cocky4ever
      Most people here probably think I love Trump but actually I just think he is the only chance we have to get someone in the office who will steer us off of this unsustainable path. Hillary has supported most attacks on the middle class. She loves NAFTA and supported the TPP. And as Trump pointed out(which I'm amazed hasn't gotten more attention) the only thing that seems good about the past 8 years is actually just an illusion. Once the fed stops unjustifiably propping up the stock market we'll be right back where we started when Obama walked into office, only with a s--t ton more debt. And Hillary wants to carry out the same types of policies. So we have someone who supports horrible policies, is incredibly corrupt, and will assuredly s--t all over the constitution with her Supreme Court nominations.    Trump may may or may not do much better, but he almost certainly couldn't do worse. 
    • jacobp
      As is the Razorback Foundation.   there are more than two, but not money. Any funds directed toward the big three sports from the university are always sent back at the end of the year, usually with an extra $2-3 million attached   
    • TheRealBrave
      UGA has 0 talent at OL. True freshman QB. Possession WR's that cannot catch. Kickers cannot make middle-school level kicks. Half of our secondary are better at being matadors than corners
    • bobbyb0322
      No. Gary Johnson is a pretty successful business man in his own right. I mean, he didn't have daddy's millions to build his business from so he didn't get quite to that level that Trump did having everything given to him.
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      bbqit
      bbqit
    2. 2
      foxflyer5
      foxflyer5
    3. 3
      razorhead
      razorhead
    4. 4
      JoeGator