• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GAMECOCK_FAN

Week 1: Texas A&M at South Carolina

Texas A&M at South Carolina   48 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win?

• Texas A&M (in an upset)
    • South Carolina (by 10 points or less)
    • South Carolina (by more than 10 points)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

250 posts in this topic

Here's your official game thread for discussion and predictions on Week 1's matchup on August 28th with Texas A&M (0-0, 0-0) at South Carolina (0-0, 0-0). The opening line is South Carolina (-10.5).

Games on Saturday, August 30th, will be started in a day or two.

Close until the 3rd quarter then USC will pull ahead and win with a solid run game that will tire the aggie's depleted defense out

USC 34

TAMU 24

Closer then the experts think - Lee Corso. But SC still wins by 14.

Close until the 3rd quarter then USC will pull ahead and win with a solid run game that will tire the aggie's depleted defense out

USC 34

TAMU 24

That's what I'm thinking too, but if Spurrier sees a weakness in their secondary it could get pretty ugly. Like you I'm expecting around a 10 point win with Mike Davis having a good game, but I won't be shocked if we win big.

The start of these threads means that football is finally around the corner!!

i got wood

The start of these threads means that football is finally around the corner!!

i got wood

Glad to know I'm not the only one.

Carolina big. Maybe 3 tds

This game will finally let us know what ATM has. It is only a guess right now

A&M is going to get throttled.

Davis is going to have a big day and Thompson shows his stuff as well against that second-rate defense. They came in yelling, they're gonna leave crying....

USC 42

Texas A&M 17

This game will finally let us know what ATM has. It is only a guess right now

They should be easier to defend,but they'll still put up points.It'll just be more difficult to out score everyone.

What's this I hear ATM is going to do the Funky chicken in the end zone if they score first?

What's this I hear ATM is going to do the Funky chicken in the end zone if they score first?

Fine with me. Let them kick it from 15 yards back and we'll see what Pharoh Cooper can do.

I think we lose this one.

All you SC guys can still suck a fat one though.

I think we lose this one.

All you SC guys can still suck a fat one though.

Not five min on the radio ago Brando was interviewing somebody that said ATM wins and shocks USC. Since they aren't part of the sec network they didn't say it to raise ratings either

Too many unknowns. Going with the two teams past, we manage to keep it close, but only by throwing every down in the second half. I think we will jump out to a 13 point lead, but SC will tie it up by the half. THen, two of our defenders will be carried off because they are so gassed after having to play with only 30-90 second offensive drives in the first half. We hold a slim lead until the 4th, and then just can't score enough to win it.

Although, if Hill turns out to be 2/3 the QB Johnny was in his first game, and the defense can at least slow down SC, we may have a game of it. Especially if our RBs live up to their billing.

A&M - 38

SC - 42

and just because I have been trolling Jokie, I am not trying to twist the tales of all of the Gamecock fans. When referring to your school, are you USC or SC?

Carolina big. Maybe 3 tds

Jelly much? Go back to your walking dinner.

A&M is going to get throttled.

Davis is going to have a big day and Thompson shows his stuff as well against that second-rate defense. They came in yelling, they're gonna leave crying....

USC 42

Texas A&M 17

Why so serious?