• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UAdan

Robin Williams has died

161 posts in this topic

Being reported everywhere. 63 years old.

This is heartbreaking. He was a hell of an actor/entertainer and by all accounts a terrific/fun person.

So sad.

:(

I have a lot of favorite childhood movies that starred Williams. One of those actors you grow up with.

This freaking sucks.

Being reported everywhere. 63 years old.

This is heartbreaking. He was a hell of an actor/entertainer and by all accounts a terrific/fun person.

So sad.

:(

Definitely one of the best we'll ever see. So very sad.

I just assumed it was another celebrity death prank.

What the lanekiffin.gif

Life is way too damn short. I grew up watching Jumanji, Mrs. Doubtfire, Patch Adams, Aladdin, Flubber. Then as I got older I saw his more serious work. Good Will Hunting and Dead Poets Society are two exceptional movies I was introduced to in high school.

The scope of this guy's career is so far-reaching and influential. Such a significant figure in the world of entertainment.

Reports are he hanged himself

Good Lord

It's stunning - and heartbreaking - that someone who brought people so much happiness and laughter couldn't escape the depths of depression himself.

I'm just dumbstruck

He literally has been famous my entire life

Some folks seem like they'll always be there. Guess that's why this hurts so much

I'm just dumbstruck

He literally has been famous my entire life

Some folks seem like they'll always be there. Guess that's why this hurts so much

That's what I meant when I said his impact is so far-reaching. One of those actors who pretty much everyone has become familiar with at some point.

Just devastating.

Awesome actor. He was the only guest I ever saw on Tonight Show wtith Johnny Carson that literally stole the show from Johnny. And his nonrenewed show from last year was hilarious in spite of him being the only funny person on it. This sucks!

Heartbreaking. I can still nearly recite all of Mrs. Doubtfire.

He will be missed.

Wow. One of my all time favorite actors and the funniest man in my lifetime. Depression is real. Talk to someone if you are struggling. RIP Robin Williams.

Wow. One of my all time favorite actors and the funniest man in my lifetime. Depression is real. Talk to someone if you are struggling. RIP Robin Williams.

Yeah, and it's weird how some of the people suffering from depression are people you would never expect it from. I went through a pretty rough patch a while back(actually over 10 years ago), and still have a tough time evey once in a while(like maybe every couple of years), but when I am going through one the people in my day to day life would never know except maybe my wife. I manage to get through without medication, but it's weird. Just about all the time I'm one of the happiest, most modest, and most grateful people you'll know(no brag), but when you get in one of those funks nothing anyone says(even yourself) can pull you out of it. There are things you can do to help yourself though. I've never gotten help which probably would've made it a lot better, but I've learned ways to get through. Worse than any physical pain I've ever had though and this is coming from someone who's had a few migraines and hyperextended his elbow.

Apparently he's been having some pretty serious financial issues over the past year.

He also was in one of those serious weird movies where his son died during erotic asphyxiation. I hated that movie, and then he goes and hangs himself. I truly enjoyed most of his work and will probably always look back appreciate his work. Just wish he hadn't went out this way, but the guy apparently had a lot to deal with for a big portion of his life. I believe he was bi-polar and a manic depressive, so I imagine even through his cheery outward,appearance he was probably in pain a lot. He was lanekiffin.gifin popeye and......

f040c69008353afffed642e24d75e731205f2b34a1c8c012c0e048559dc03835.jpg

Terrible story and huge loss for the rest of us. He was back in rehab as recently as July of this year; so in addition to depression he was still battling alcohol and drug problems... make no mistake, all 3 are fatal all by themselves; in combination they are extremely difficult to overcome and survive.

Naanoo naanoo robin.

You beat me to it. Nanu nanu indeed Mr. Williams.

We dont know why, but we really dont need to. All that matters is that he has moved on from this life and he will be missed by many, many people