• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ALA2262

Florida's Hargreaves III injured

54 posts in this topic

Around The SEC @AroundTheSEC

Follow

Florida's Vernon Hargreaves III carried off the field with a knee injury. Would be an enormous blow for the Gators.

8:46 PM - 7 Aug 2014

Damn.....hate to hear that. Hopefully it's nothing serious, but "carried off the field" doesn't sound good.

Not that serious. Twitter blew it out of proportion. He wasn't carried off, he got up and walked over to the sideline where they checked him out and after about twenty minutes of icing and walking around they decided to keep him out because there's still a long time until the Idaho game, so there's no reason for him to hurry back.

IIRC, he had the exact same injury last fall camp too.

Not that serious. Twitter blew it out of proportion. He wasn't carried off, he got up and walked over to the sideline where they checked him out and after about twenty minutes of icing and walking around they decided to keep him out because there's still a long time until the Idaho game, so there's no reason for him to hurry back.

From what I saw, he had to be helped walking off the field and he didn't put much weight on it.

From what I saw, he had to be helped walking off the field and he didn't put much weight on it.

Just a knee sprain(or hyperextension) from what I've heard. Reason why it happened was stupid, the team was doing something similar to oklahoma's, a safety went up against a walk on RB, Safety lit him, RB isn't a pussy so he said lets do it again and he won that time, caused the offense to go crazy. That's what started a lot of iaBdfkZ.png talking from both sides after every rep. well after a few reps someone didn't like something and the two who were repping started shoving, the guys who were there went to break it up and something happened to VH3 as he was helping the break up.

Champ made the entire team run a lot of gassers afterwards

Just a knee sprain(or hyperextension) from what I've heard. Reason why it happened was stupid, the team was doing something similar to oklahoma's, a safety went up against a walk on RB, Safety lit him, RB isn't a pussy so he said lets do it again and he won that time, caused the offense to go crazy. That's what started a lot of iaBdfkZ.png talking from both sides after every rep. well after a few reps someone didn't like something and the two who were repping started shoving, the guys who were there went to break it up and something happened to VH3 as he was helping the break up.

Champ made the entire team run a lot of gassers afterwards

They're going to be playing with a huge chip on their shoulder after last year; hope they save some of that aggression for our opponents.

@snd_Gators: RT @gatorzonefb: Update from @coachwmuschamp: "An MRI revealed that Vernon Hargreaves suffered a bone bruise and he is listed as day to day."

@snd_Gators: RT @gatorzonefb: Update from @coachwmuschamp: "An MRI revealed that Vernon Hargreaves suffered a bone bruise and he is listed as day to day."

whew.gif

That was probably partly my fault. I used the word 'brawl,' which was probably a little extreme. Skirmish or scuffle are probably better words to describe what happened. Regardless, he was definitely carried off to the sideline without putting much weight on the leg, and walking around is generous to describe what he did after getting to the medical tent. I'd say more hobbled or limped to and from, and only a few steps at a time.

Hopefully it's nothing serious, but the proof will be in the pudding at this point. No reason to worry if he doesn't practice for a week or two, but if he's still iffy come the opener, probably time to be a little concerned.

They're going to be playing with a huge chip on their shoulder after last year; hope they save some of that aggression for our opponents.

Not sure you can spin this Into a positive. Having large groups of teammates fighting( or having a scuffle or skirmish or whatever) isn't a good thing.

That was probably partly my fault. I used the word 'brawl,' which was probably a little extreme. Skirmish or scuffle are probably better words to describe what happened. Regardless, he was definitely carried off to the sideline without putting much weight on the leg, and walking around is generous to describe what he did after getting to the medical tent. I'd say more hobbled or limped to and from, and only a few steps at a time.

Hopefully it's nothing serious, but the proof will be in the pudding at this point. No reason to worry if he doesn't practice for a week or two, but if he's still iffy come the opener, probably time to be a little concerned.

Yours was the least dramatic of all the reported "brawls".

Everyone went straight to divided lockerroom and ACL tears.

See? vvvv

Not sure you can spin this Into a positive. Having large groups of teammates fighting( or having a scuffle or skirmish or whatever) isn't a good thing.

See? vvvv

If it was bad enough that other people had to jump in to stop it then t can't be good....especially if it was so hectic that one of the people trying stop it ended up getting hurt.

If it was bad enough that other people had to jump in to stop it then t can't be good....especially if it was so hectic that one of the people trying stop it ended up getting hurt.

I'm going to give you a pass because I also have gone full homer mode this close to kickoff.

But this happens all the time at every school.

I'm going to give you a pass because I also have gone full homer mode this close to kickoff.

But this happens all the time at every school.

Well I haven't seen the video so I don't know...but there haven't been any reports of skirmishes so bad that other people had to jump in to stop it here at SC. And if it happens all the time then why did they have to run gassers?

Well I haven't seen the video so I don't know...but there haven't been any reports of skirmishes so bad that other people had to jump in to stop it here at SC. And if it happens all the time then why did they have to run gassers?

This happens to 1 or 2 schools every offseason, although most don't get blown up over and injury to an All American.

They run gassers because they shouldn't be taking out aggression on each other.

I meltdown pretty hard, but I actually like that this happened.

That's how worried I am about Muschamp "not having control" or a "divided lockerroom" or whatever bullsh** people make up.

I meltdown pretty hard, but I actually like that this happened.

That's how worried I am about Muschamp "not having control" or a "divided lockerroom" or whatever bullsh** people make up.

I'm not saying he doesn't have control or whatever... But action follows leadership, and UF has usually been ranked pretty high in personal fouls under Muschamp right? This isn't a good sign that they're learning to control their emotions. I guess you can say it means they're just fired up....we'll find out soon.

I'm not saying he doesn't have control or whatever... But action follows leadership, and UF has usually been ranked pretty high in personal fouls under Muschamp right? This isn't a good sign that they're learning to control their emotions. I guess you can say it means they're just fired up....we'll find out soon.

That's where I lean.

And I expect we will lead the conference in ejections every year.

Since he came here, our DBs have gotten a lot of personal fouls. He said he prefers they be aggressive and get a PF than not be aggressive enough.

@@cocky4ever we actually did have a skirmish that was bad enough to have coach stop practice all together and run wind sprints the rest of the day.

This stuff happens. Good to see it was nothing serious.

@@cocky4ever we actually did have a skirmish that was bad enough to have coach stop practice all together and run wind sprints the rest of the day.

This stuff happens. Good to see it was nothing serious.

Ok... I remember hearing about an instance a few years ago, bt hadn't heard anything recently. Who was it, or has anyone said?

Ok... I remember hearing about an instance a few years ago, bt hadn't heard anything recently. Who was it, or has anyone said?

http://www.cockytalk...ad.php?t=208540

It was an interesting night to say the least. The offense and defense were mouthing at each other pretty much from the time they came onto the field until coach Spurrier blew the whistle to stop practice. The team was in shells today and that allowed for a little more contact than the previous workouts and it led to some “spirted” action that exploded during the 11 on 11. There were a few late shots and some mouthing between players during the skels along with some extra bumping and shoving after several plays. During the full team drills the offense and defense were like cheering each other on when one of the groups got the better of the other during the individual plays. Sometime shortly towards the end of the practice the offense ran a running play to Shon Carson who broke off a nice run of about 25-30 yards. Right after the coaches blew the whistle to end the play a group of about 4 players ended up shoving and swinging at each other over on the far sideline right under the camera tower at mid field of both practice fields. It led to about half of the team going at it with a couple of pretty ugly looking fights going on in the middle of all of it, with players on the ground and swinging away at each other. The coaches finally got a handle on it and resumed practice, but on the next play, Dylan threw a long pass downfield to Shaq Roland who was guarded by Al Harris Jr. The ball was in the air and Shaq got a couple of steps behind Harris, when Al grabbed Shaq and pulled him down to the ground. The ref threw the flag for interference but Harris ran up to Roland and got facemask to facemask and they were yelling at each other walking back to the line. Harris walked away but Roland wasn’t finished, and walked over to Harris and gave him an extra shove, knocking the ball out of his hands and several of the other players had to step in and separate them. It looked like order had been restored for about five minutes worth of plays then Carson broke up the middle clean on another running play and just as the whistle blew to stop the play, TJ Gurley ran up to Carson and put a shoulder in his chest and knocked him backwards and off his feet. Both benches sides started towards each other as if it were going to be a full team brawl, but Coach Spurrier got in the middle of it, blew the whistle and ended the practice. When I left the field he had the team at the North goal line running sprints. I would imagine those were going to be going on for quiet a while tonight.

^^

Glad to see our players are fired up

Yeah there is some good to be found, players are ready to start. Usually they are sluggish with just shells on.