• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TrueGCFan

Mike Davis Injuried

32 posts in this topic

It's nothing serious, so all Gamecock fans take a breathe and all you UGA, UT, and UF fans don't jizz your pants.

Minor hamstring, but SOS says he will be 100% before practice starts.

I say let him rest until A&M just to be safe. Hamstrings can be rough, plus he'll be able to run all over A&M even without the practice.

I say let him rest until A&M just to be safe. Hamstrings can be rough, plus he'll be able to run all over A&M even without the practice.

Yeah, now that A&M has lost another starter on defense.

Put a lil bit o'that 'Tussin on it, b'aight.

Chris rock - Robitussin bit:

Yeah, now that A&M has lost another starter on defense.

Damn, which starter did they lose now?

Damn, which starter did they lose now?

Texas A&M defensive end Gavin Stansbury plans to transfer to Houston. It is my understanding he was probably going to be a starter.

That makes three possible starts gone from A&M's defense.

Glad its not serious. Hamstrings can be a bitch though. Sincerely hope its not one of those nagging string injuries. USC wont be USC without a hoss at RB.

Man, if that run had been worth 12 points, you guys would be crowing ;)

So add hamstring injury to ankle, ribs, and shoulder injuries from 2013. Will he last?

So add hamstring injury to ankle, ribs, and shoulder injuries from 2013. Will he last?

Will UGA's RBs last?? They've had worse injuries than Davis...

Gurleuy didnt start wearing down in his 1st full year as a starter like Davis did.

I wonder if some of these kids don't make-up some of these bump & bruises to flex their prima donna status and to extend their time-off before busting their butt in the August heat. If you're set as the starter and you're a RB with limited playing time anyway, why waste it? It's different for those behind him trying to get in the rotation. Just my opinion but you see this happen quite a bit from the "stars" who don't have anything they need to prove. I expect he will be just fine for the TAMU game.

I wonder if some of these kids don't make-up some of these bump & bruises to flex their prima donna status and to extend their time-off before busting their butt in the August heat. If you're set as the starter and you're a RB with limited playing time anyway, why waste it? It's different for those behind him trying to get in the rotation. Just my opinion but you see this happen quite a bit from the "stars" who don't have anything they need to prove. I expect he will be just fine for the TAMU game.

That could be it, but Davis doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would do that. But I don't have a problem with him sitting out anyway. Let the other guys get some practice time to work on things.

That could be it, but Davis doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would do that. But I don't have a problem with him sitting out anyway. Let the other guys get some practice time to work on things.

RB's that "got it" and are bruisers. They actually enjoy busting their ass. Any update on his status?

RB's that "got it" and are bruisers. They actually enjoy busting their ass. Any update on his status?

http://www.gogamecocks.com/2014/08/04/604863/practice-report.html?sp=/99/101/106//

MD clears MD

As he said he would, Mike Davis was practicing on Monday. Davis was able to make it back just before the Gamecocks went to full-pad practices.

He showed no signs of a lingering hamstring injury and stuck around after practice to catch passes with the wide receivers.

Hell we got like 5 of em

Last year we had thunder and lightning

Now we have Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, and Captain f'in Planet

I had a hamstring injury in high school,took several weeks to get over.

It's the type of injury that pisses you off because it just won't go away.

You can play through the pain,but you're not near 100%?

Hell we got like 5 of em

Last year we had thunder and lightning

Now we have Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, and Captain f'in Planet

Doesn't matter.....if you have 7 Rbs and only 2 of em are worth a damn then you only have 2 RBs.

Doesn't matter.....if you have 7 Rbs and only 2 of em are worth a damn then you only have 2 RBs.

Are we talking about SC or UGA? I'm confused

Are we talking about SC or UGA? I'm confused

Talking about every team in the country...

Talking about every team in the country...

I guess counting our two highly touted newcomers is a bit premature. But my completely unbiased opinion is that they will each get 2k yards first year

I guess counting our two highly touted newcomers is a bit premature. But my completely unbiased opinion is that they will each get 2k yards first year

Wow.

• TheRealBrave
      I can safely say it is impossible for a QB to have a sluggish start vs. Georgia right now
    • L.A.Hog
      No one with a family and common sense want trump to destroy this country....
    • TheRealBrave
      Something that bothered me was Lester Holt being Hillary's personal fact checker and attempting to correct Trump consistently. He didn't jump on her for lying when she denied saying TPP is the gold standard of trade deals. It is plain as day that she said it, and relatively recently.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpLQzeCoNnA&app=desktop
    • Mizzou_Fan
      So now we'll move on to LSU and Tennessee. 
    • Flea
      LSU is the only Power 5 team in a state with a tiny population compared to Texas.  LSU and Bama made out like bandits by bringing in A&M.  And to show how autonomous LSU is, wasn't their recent change decided at ULL game?   Houston?  A serious multi-year threat?  With their pack 45,000 seat stadium and limited funds?   They flash every few decades. They won't keep TH that long.   tu?  Can't compete with the SEC brand.  TCU and Baylor?  Self-destruct at least once per 20 years.   
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      foxflyer5
      foxflyer5
    2. 2
      bbqit
      bbqit
    3. 3
      JoeGator
      JoeGator
    4. 4
      razorhead