• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TrueGCFan

Mike Davis Injuried

32 posts in this topic

It's nothing serious, so all Gamecock fans take a breathe and all you UGA, UT, and UF fans don't jizz your pants.

Minor hamstring, but SOS says he will be 100% before practice starts.

I say let him rest until A&M just to be safe. Hamstrings can be rough, plus he'll be able to run all over A&M even without the practice.

I say let him rest until A&M just to be safe. Hamstrings can be rough, plus he'll be able to run all over A&M even without the practice.

Yeah, now that A&M has lost another starter on defense.

Put a lil bit o'that 'Tussin on it, b'aight.

Chris rock - Robitussin bit:

Yeah, now that A&M has lost another starter on defense.

Damn, which starter did they lose now?

Damn, which starter did they lose now?

Texas A&M defensive end Gavin Stansbury plans to transfer to Houston. It is my understanding he was probably going to be a starter.

That makes three possible starts gone from A&M's defense.

Glad its not serious. Hamstrings can be a bitch though. Sincerely hope its not one of those nagging string injuries. USC wont be USC without a hoss at RB.

Man, if that run had been worth 12 points, you guys would be crowing ;)

So add hamstring injury to ankle, ribs, and shoulder injuries from 2013. Will he last?

So add hamstring injury to ankle, ribs, and shoulder injuries from 2013. Will he last?

Will UGA's RBs last?? They've had worse injuries than Davis...

Gurleuy didnt start wearing down in his 1st full year as a starter like Davis did.

I wonder if some of these kids don't make-up some of these bump & bruises to flex their prima donna status and to extend their time-off before busting their butt in the August heat. If you're set as the starter and you're a RB with limited playing time anyway, why waste it? It's different for those behind him trying to get in the rotation. Just my opinion but you see this happen quite a bit from the "stars" who don't have anything they need to prove. I expect he will be just fine for the TAMU game.

I wonder if some of these kids don't make-up some of these bump & bruises to flex their prima donna status and to extend their time-off before busting their butt in the August heat. If you're set as the starter and you're a RB with limited playing time anyway, why waste it? It's different for those behind him trying to get in the rotation. Just my opinion but you see this happen quite a bit from the "stars" who don't have anything they need to prove. I expect he will be just fine for the TAMU game.

That could be it, but Davis doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would do that. But I don't have a problem with him sitting out anyway. Let the other guys get some practice time to work on things.

That could be it, but Davis doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would do that. But I don't have a problem with him sitting out anyway. Let the other guys get some practice time to work on things.

RB's that "got it" and are bruisers. They actually enjoy busting their ass. Any update on his status?

RB's that "got it" and are bruisers. They actually enjoy busting their ass. Any update on his status?

http://www.gogamecocks.com/2014/08/04/604863/practice-report.html?sp=/99/101/106//

MD clears MD

As he said he would, Mike Davis was practicing on Monday. Davis was able to make it back just before the Gamecocks went to full-pad practices.

He showed no signs of a lingering hamstring injury and stuck around after practice to catch passes with the wide receivers.

Hell we got like 5 of em

Last year we had thunder and lightning

Now we have Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, and Captain f'in Planet

I had a hamstring injury in high school,took several weeks to get over.

It's the type of injury that pisses you off because it just won't go away.

You can play through the pain,but you're not near 100%?

Hell we got like 5 of em

Last year we had thunder and lightning

Now we have Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, and Captain f'in Planet

Doesn't matter.....if you have 7 Rbs and only 2 of em are worth a damn then you only have 2 RBs.

Doesn't matter.....if you have 7 Rbs and only 2 of em are worth a damn then you only have 2 RBs.

Are we talking about SC or UGA? I'm confused

Are we talking about SC or UGA? I'm confused

Talking about every team in the country...

Talking about every team in the country...

I guess counting our two highly touted newcomers is a bit premature. But my completely unbiased opinion is that they will each get 2k yards first year

I guess counting our two highly touted newcomers is a bit premature. But my completely unbiased opinion is that they will each get 2k yards first year

Wow.

• cocky4ever
      When you get your taxes done do you walk in and go "oh yeah, and make sure I pay as much as possible this year" or do you go "find every possible way to save me money or get me more money back"?
    • cocky4ever
      I think both started out slow, Trump started wrecking her for about 5-10 minutes, then the race issue came up and he never got back into his rhythm. He isn't a great debater though and should've practiced a lot more. Trump didn't do anything to make himself seem more calm and rational and Hillary didn't do anything to make herself seem more personable. I'd imagine most people walked away from the debate the same way they started it. Trump supporters support Trump, Clinton supporters support Clinton, and the undecideds are still going "dammit, this still sucks".
    • cocky4ever
      Questions directed at both:     *why are you a better choice than your opponent to create the kinds of jobs that will put more money into the pockets of American works?

*Secretary Clinton, you’re calling for a tax increase on the wealthiest Americans. I’d like you to further defend that. And, Mr. Trump, you’re calling for tax cuts for the wealthy. I’d like you to defend that.

*Race has been a big issue in this campaign, and one of you is going to have to bridge a very wide and bitter gap.
      So how do you heal the divide?

*Our institutions are under cyber attack, and our secrets are being stolen. So my question is, who’s behind it? And how do we fight it?

*I’ll ask this to both of you. Tell us specifically how you would prevent homegrown attacks by American citizens,

*On nuclear weapons, President Obama reportedly considered changing the nation’s longstanding policy on first use. Do you support the current policy?

*are you willing to accept the outcome as the will of the voters?         Questons directed at Trump-     *You’ve talked about creating 25 million jobs, and you’ve promised to bring back millions of jobs for Americans. How are you going to bring back the industries that have left this country for cheaper labor overseas? How, specifically, are you going to tell American manufacturers that you have to come back?

*Mr. Trump, we’re talking about the burden that Americans have to pay, yet you have not released your tax returns. And the reason nominees have released their returns for decades is so that voters will know if their potential president owes money to — who he owes it to and any business conflicts. Don’t Americans have a right to know if there are any conflicts of interest?

*The IRS says an audit of your taxes — you’re perfectly free to release your taxes during an audit. And so the question, does the public’s right to know outweigh your personal…

*Stop-and-frisk was ruled unconstitutional in New York, because it largely singled out black and Hispanic young men.
      The argument is that it’s a form of racial profiling.

*Mr. Trump, for five years, you perpetuated a false claim that the nation’s first black president was not a natural-born citizen. You questioned his legitimacy. In the last couple of weeks, you acknowledged what most Americans have accepted for years: The president was born in the United States. Can you tell us what took you so long?
      ------- I will let you respond. It’s important. But I just want to get the answer here. The birth certificate was produced in 2011. You’ve continued to tell the story and question the president’s legitimacy in 2012, ’13, ’14, ’15…

*Mr. Trump, a lot of these are judgment questions. You had supported the war in Iraq before the invasion. Why is your judgment better

*Mr. Trump, this year Secretary Clinton became the first woman nominated for president by a major party. Earlier this month, you said she doesn’t have, quote, “a presidential look.” She’s standing here right now. What did you mean by that?       Questons directed at Clinton-   he also raised the issue of your e-mails. Do you want to respond to that?

*Secretary Clinton, last week, you said we’ve got to do everything possible to improve policing, to go right at implicit bias. Do you believe that police are implicitly biased against black people?
    • possumslayer
      I heard it was the most recruits Tennessee ever had at a game..
    • possumslayer
      Dobbs 400 yds?
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      foxflyer5
      foxflyer5
    2. 2
      razorhead
      razorhead
    3. 3
      bbqit
      bbqit