• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlackSheep 171

2014 Preseason Coaches Poll

125 posts in this topic

Coaches poll was just released moments ago.Texas made it in again.....Also no 1st place votes for Bama yet the ended up 2nd, thats impressive.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24644709/florida-state-no-1-in-preseason-coaches-poll

1. Florida State (56 first place votes)

2. Alabama

3. Oklahoma (3)

4. Oregon (1)

5. Auburn

6. Ohio State (1)

7. UCLA

8. Michigan State

9. South Carolina (1)

10. Baylor

11. Stanford

12. Georgia

13. LSU

14. Wisconsin

15. USC

16. Clemson

17. Notre Dame

18. Arizona State

19. Ole Miss

20. Texas A&M

21. Kansas State

22. Nebraska

23. North Carolina

24. Texas

25. Washington

National sports writers must be arrogant asshole bama fans in disguise

Missouri should be ranked along with Mississippi State. Replace texas and Washington with them both. Florida in place of Kansas State too. Auburn is right where I would put them.

Tha fukk are you rambling on about??

People put way too much stock in these things. Coach's don't even vote most of the time. They put some lackey, GA on it.

Missouri should be ranked along with Mississippi State. Replace texas and Washington with them both. Florida in place of Kansas State too. Auburn is right where I would put them.

Mizzou's the top team receiving votes which is higher than I thought we would be.

Mizzou's the top team receiving votes which is higher than I thought we would be.

And we are right behind you.

First time we haven't been ranked since 1991.

We gon feck some pick 'ems up this year.

We have an Arkansas sighting in the "others receiving votes" also. They got 1, so theres that.

We have an Arkansas sighting in the "others receiving votes" also. They got 1, so theres that.

Haha, I wonder who that vote was.

Why the hell are A&M and OM ranked?

We know Notre Dame and Texas are ranked out of idiocy.

Haha, I wonder who that vote was.

Obviously petrino

I wouldn't put to much stock into this because of it being a coaches poll.

Last year:

No. 1 Alabama--final ranking 7th

No. 2 Ohio State--final ranking 12th

No. 3 Oregon--final ranking 9th

No. 4 Stanford--final ranking 11th

No. 5 Georgia--unranked

No. 6 South Carolina--final ranking 4th

No. 7 Texas A&M--final ranking 18th

No. 8 Clemson--final ranking 8th

No. 9 Louisville--final ranking 15th

No. 10 Florida--not ranked

National champion FSU was preseason ranked 11th

Auburn did not receive a vote in the preseason poll.

Michigan State was not ranked in the preseason and finished No. 3.

Missouri did not receive a vote in the preseason poll and finished 5th

Central Florida finished 10th after not receiving a preseason vote.

I wouldn't put to much stock into this because of it being a coaches poll.

Last year:

No. 1 Alabama--final ranking 7th

No. 2 Ohio State--final ranking 12th

No. 3 Oregon--final ranking 9th

No. 4 Stanford--final ranking 11th

No. 5 Georgia--unranked

No. 6 South Carolina--final ranking 4th

No. 7 Texas A&M--final ranking 18th

No. 8 Clemson--final ranking 8th

No. 9 Louisville--final ranking 15th

No. 10 Florida--not ranked

National champion FSU was preseason ranked 11th

Auburn did not receive a vote in the preseason poll.

Michigan State was not ranked in the preseason and finished No. 3.

Missouri did not receive a vote in the preseason poll and finished 5th

Central Florida finished 10th after not receiving a preseason vote.

So you are saying msu will be top 5?

Obviously we can all pick out things we disagree with, but really it's as good a place as any to start.

So you are saying msu will be top 5?

Could be... and the next time your door bell rings it could also be Publishers Clearing house with your $5,000 a week for life.

Could be... and the next time your door bell rings it could also be Publishers Clearing house with your $5,000 a week for life.

Awesome thought

Tha fukk are you rambling on about??

getting my monies worth out of that statement lmao

getting my monies worth out of that statement lmao

I guess you missed my statement right after that where I said it wasn't the prediction, it's the fact that every time Bama gets their s--t stomped they still swear to be the better team.

I guess you missed my statement right after that where I said it wasn't the prediction, it's the fact that every time Bama gets their s--t stomped they still swear to be the better team.

well everytime hasn't been often and when you are perrenially a top 5 team, you can probably see where a fan would think such..............and I know you are particularly sensitive about the 2010 game we lost to the cocks. We had more total yards and gave up less yards in the game with yall and Garcia and whats his name had some fantastic if not freakish throw/catches in that game so you can see where a bama fan would think that. In the lost last year to the Sooners, again, we had the better box score but you will notice that AJ threw almost twice as much in that game than any other in his career and they couldnt stop us on the ground to save their life, yet we continued to throw for no logical reason, all of that lending to my theory that Saban let AJ "have" that game to impress the NFL and improve his draft status considering the reports coming out on his projected place in the draft.

You've admitted you thought the Cocks were better than teams that beat you so why do you continue to harp on this?

plus my post that you quoted in this thread wasn't because of anything you have said but more than a few posters in the last month have echoed what I parodied

well everytime hasn't been often and when you are perrenially a top 5 team, you can probably see where a fan would think such..............and I know you are particularly sensitive about the 2010 game we lost to the cocks. We had more total yards and gave up less yards in the game with yall and Garcia and whats his name had some fantastic if not freakish throw/catches in that game so you can see where a bama fan would think that. In the lost last year to the Sooners, again, we had the better box score but you will notice that AJ threw almost twice as much in that game than any other in his career and they couldnt stop us on the ground to save their life, yet we continued to throw for no logical reason, all of that lending to my theory that Saban let AJ "have" that game to impress the NFL and improve his draft status considering the reports coming out on his projected place in the draft.

You've admitted you thought the Cocks were better than teams that beat you so why do you continue to harp on this?

plus my post that you quoted in this thread wasn't because of anything you have said but more than a few posters in the last month have echoed what I parodied

So Bama was the better team, you just lost because your coach cares more about letting his QB pass than he does about winning the game....got it.

But if it makes you feel any better I think Bama was better than Auburn last year. Yes sometimes the better team loses, but to hear Bama fans tell it there is no reason to play the game because they are the best team constantly.

Someone must've pissed you off for you to be making the exact same comment in every thread

Someone must've pissed you off for you to be making the exact same comment in every thread

Guilty as charged

Lol, not pissed. But when a poster says that given bama has a new qb and some youth in the dbs, for us to predict going undefeated or to win nc/sec us being arrogant assholes, then it makes me smile to post that repeatedly where it's experts not arrogant tide fans

So Bama was the better team, you just lost because your coach cares more about letting his QB pass than he does about winning the game....got it.

But if it makes you feel any better I think Bama was better than Auburn last year. Yes sometimes the better team loses, but to hear Bama fans tell it there is no reason to play the game because they are the best team constantly.

I'm quite sure saban intended on winning the game too

• TheRealBrave
      I mean the bottom line is UGA isn't at a good level in quite a few positions right now. Our OL is dreadful and lacks depth to top it off. We have possession 3* WR's who can't even catch. Our kickers can't be relied upon for even 30 yard field goals. We are starting a true freshman at QB with the above problems. I still say 8-4 or 9-3 and I consider that a success. Kirby needs a couple of recruiting cycles to fix this
    • bbqit
      Damn turnovers
    • DjCrenshaw
      All them gator players talking thay s**t... got shut the f--k up. I often wonder if ut let's people get the lead that big just to make it look more impressive.
    • TheRealBrave
      He probably knew. He knows how bad we are at OL/WR/DB. Our starting LT is a white guy from Rhode Island
    • TheRealBrave
      They had it at OM -8. Every UGA fan on the Vent, that is filled with complete homers, saw us losing by at least 3 touchdowns. 
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      JoeGator
      JoeGator
    2. 2
      RammaJamma
      RammaJamma
    3. 3
      PuddingTime
      PuddingTime
    4. 4
      possumslayer