• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GAMECOCK_FAN

Predict the record (2014): Week 10 - LSU

LSU - Predict the Record (2014)   41 members have voted

1. 1. What Will LSU's Record Be

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

99 posts in this topic

2014 LSU Tigers:

8/30: Wisconsin (at Houston, TX)

9/6: Sam Houston State

9/13: ULM

9/20: Mississippi State

9/27: New Mexico State

10/4: at Auburn

10/11: at Florida

10/18: Kentucky

10/25: Ole Miss

11/1: OPEN

11/8: Alabama

11/15: at Arkansas

11/22: OPEN

11/27: at Texas A&M

Here are the threads and schedule for future prediction threads:

Week 1: Kentucky

Week 2: Arkansas

Week 3: Tennessee

Week 4: Ole Miss

Week 5: Florida

Week 6: Mississippi State

Week 7: Vanderbilt

Week 8: Texas A&M

Week 9: Georgia

Week 10: LSU

Week 11: South Carolina (August 3)

Week 12: Alabama (August 10)

Week 13: Missouri (August 17)

Week 14: Auburn (August 24)

Lose to Bama, Auburn, and one of the Ssippi schools.

LSU lost a good bit...but Mettenberger won't be as big of a loss as people think. I'd say the success they had on offense was in large part due to their new OC. And whoever will be starting at the QB spot has had a year to learn the system, so there won't be a large drop off there. And we all know LSU has about 14 legit RBs on hand at any time, so they'll be good there. Hell, they recruit so well they should be good at all spots. And we know John Chavis will have the defense straight. In a lot of ways they're like Bama.

except they can defend the HUNH

Looks like 9-3 to Hogan (The Old Wise Man)

Looks like 9-3 to Hogan (The Old Wise Man)

Are you using too much frankinsense?

Double play on words this time!

2014 LSU Tigers:

8/30: Wisconsin (at Houston, TX)-W

9/6: Sam Houston State-W

9/13: ULM-W

9/20: Mississippi State-W

9/27: New Mexico State-W

10/4: at Auburn-L

10/11: at Florida-L

10/18: Kentucky-W

10/25: Ole Miss-W

11/8: Alabama-L

11/15: at Arkansas-L

11/27: at Texas A&M-W

8-4 (4-4)

9-3. Losses to Bama. Auburn, and either Florida or Ole Miss

11-1. I dont know who they lose to but I think they drop one.

The Dak Knight rises on September 20

LSU goes 9-3 w/ losses to Auburn, Alabama, and one MS school.

LSU lost a good bit...but Mettenberger won't be as big of a loss as people think. I'd say the success they had on offense was in large part due to their new OC. And whoever will be starting at the QB spot has had a year to learn the system, so there won't be a large drop off there. And we all know LSU has about 14 legit RBs on hand at any time, so they'll be good there. Hell, they recruit so well they should be good at all spots. And we know John Chavis will have the defense straight. In a lot of ways they're like Bama.

except they can defend the HUNH

Actually, I think the best QB on their roster is a true freshman. I think it's Harris or Jennings. One of them is a true frosh I believe.

And LSU is one of the teams I expect to take a little step back this Fall. They don't have a QB and lost their best WRs. They'll have to rely heavily on the run and their D. And Fournette is a phenom, but he is also a true freshman, and they can't rely on him on his lonesome to win big games for them like against an Auburn or a Bama.

You can't lose as much as LSU has the last two seasons and not have it catch up to you some. And I think this is the season, without a veteran signal caller and the safe bet WRs they had last season, that all of this attrition catches up to them. That's why I pick 9-4. Yep.

Loses to:

Auburn

Bama

One of the Mississippi Schools

And..........UF. Yep. I said UF.

2014- #2 class

2013- #6 class

2012- #18 class

2011- #6 class

With Chavis and a good OC I'm sure they'll be fine.

2014- #2 class

2013- #6 class

2012- #18 class

2011- #6 class

They'll have a solid season. I just don't see them competing for a division title with Auburn and Bama still to contend with. They're good. But I don't think they're good enough to leapfrog those two. And a lot of those recruiting classes have yet to see significant playing time. Hard to discount experience in this league.

8/30: Wisconsin (at Houston, TX) W

9/6: Sam Houston State W

9/13: ULM W

9/20: Mississippi State L

9/27: New Mexico State W

10/4: at Auburn L

10/11: at Florida W

10/18: Kentucky W

10/25: Ole Miss W

11/8: Alabama L

11/15: at Arkansas W

11/27: at Texas A&M W

They'll have a solid season. I just don't see them competing for a division title with Auburn and Bama still to contend with. They're good. But I don't think they're good enough to leapfrog those two. And a lot of those recruiting classes have yet to see significant playing time. Hard to discount experience in this league.

I don't think Auburn is as big of a threat. LSU can defend lots of offenses, and handily beat both Auburn and A&M last year. If LSU's offense continues to improve they'll be fine. Plus Auburn was two miracles away from 9-3 last year anyway. One of the Mississippi schools(both??) could sneak up this year and compete for the West, but LSU has more talent and depth than those two.

I don't think Auburn is as big of a threat. LSU can defend lots of offenses, and handily beat both Auburn and A&M last year. If LSU's offense continues to improve they'll be fine. Plus Auburn was two miracles away from 9-3 last year anyway. One of the Mississippi schools(both??) could sneak up this year and compete for the West, but LSU has more talent and depth than those two.

No denying that there is talent in Baton Rouge.

2014- #2 class

2013- #6 class

2012- #18 class

2011- #6 class

Their pass game looked bad without mett last year. Kid was prototypical for that offense. You aren't giving him enough credit.

Their pass game looked bad without mett last year. Kid was prototypical for that offense. You aren't giving him enough credit.

Well I didn't watch their bowl game because I was busy watching ours. I still think their offense will be better than it was two years ago. The OC was a big reason for the improvement, and with an entire offseason of practice I think they can find some pretty decent QBs on that roster.

Well I didn't watch their bowl game because I was busy watching ours. I still think their offense will be better than it was two years ago. The OC was a big reason for the improvement, and with an entire offseason of practice I think they can find some pretty decent QBs on that roster.

Their qb was horrid in the bowl and that was with 2 great wr's and a great rb who are all gone now. Nfl offenses are like college ones, they depend on the qb and his playmakers.

Go back and watch some of it. It was AWFUL.

• jacobp
    • TheRealBrave
      And you keep mistaking me for some ardent Trump fan. Don't know how many times I have to tell you, I voted for Kasich and loved when Mitt Romney tore Trump apart   I am about as far from a protectionist as you will find
    • TheRealBrave
      LSU has this easily, Locke hasn't faced a defense anywhere near LSU's level yet. LSU 24 Mizzou 10
    • L.A.Hog
      Exactly, he tells you what you want to hear.With no plan to follow.... But he'll reveal it soon...afrer all, its only two months til election..he'll let us know pretty soon, I reckon, what his plan is.... but that wall is the plan, millions of dollars that will be pissed off before construction, then billions to build it and we pay for it.When I say we,i don't include trump because he don't pay taxes.He's a rich welfare baby.... screw that deadbeat bitch...
    • smokeyone
      Maybe it's been so long since we have seen a candidate with a clue we don't recognize them anymore.  Boarders, Standards (law), and Culture. The fundamental essence of a nation. As it stands the system has all but removed them from this dying once great nation. Nobody respects them anymore. No one want to acknowledge they matter. Hell Trump wasn't my first or second choice but he has the message we need to hear
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      bbqit
      bbqit
    2. 2
      razorhead
      razorhead
    3. 3
      foxflyer5
      foxflyer5
    4. 4
      JoeGator