• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DjCrenshaw

South Carolina/ Texas a&m trophy

202 posts in this topic

Question to Spurrier

On the pending trophy (a bronze sculpture of James Bonham, a South Carolina soldier who died defending the Alamo) awarded to the winner of the South Carolina-Texas A&M game:

“I heard about it. Read about it. Didn’t know it was official yet. I’m actually from Tennessee. I always was taught the hero of the Alamo was Davy Crockett, so this was a new one on me.

“It’s a good story, I’m sure Bonham did some good things. I always thought Davy Crockett was the hero of the Alamo, he and those 33 Tennessee guys that came in there and got killed, so forth. So the trophy was a little surprising to me. I’m sure this guy Bonham was a hero and did a lot of good, after I read the story.”

So the USC/aTm trophy is a shame in Spurrier's eyes?

Why the hell are they making a trophy for this game.

I don't fully get it either. Maybe after a few years when there is a real rivalry, but not year one.

I don't fully get it either. Maybe after a few years when there is a real rivalry, but not year one.

Trying to make a cross conference rivalry that people get excited about I guess.

Posted · Hidden by Porcine, October 20, 2014 - No reason given · Report post

Trying to make a cross conference rivalry that people get excited about I guess.

They already tried that once.

They already tried that once.

Yeah, I guess no one gets excited about playing SC anymore.

Yeah, I guess no one gets excited about playing SC anymore.

If I were an Arkansas fan I wouldn't be too excited about getting beat 52-7 either...

Beat one our teams that's any good and I'll be impressed.

Yep.

Beat any team that's any good and I'll be impressed.

They should make the trophy a big turd and make the winning team polish in on national TV.

Beat any team that's any good and I'll be impressed.

South Carolina teams with better than .500 records we have beaten.

01, 06, 09, 10, and 11.

Arkansas teams with better than .500 records SC has beaten.

If we are any good, we can count on being better than SC.

They should make the trophy a big turd and make the winning team polish in on national TV.

South Carolina thinks A&M will be easier wins.

They're right.

South Carolina thinks A&M will be easier wins.

They're right.

I think eventually it will turn into the same thing as if there was a trophy between Candy and Tucky.

01, 06, 09, 10, and 11.

Short memories are the best.

01, 06, 09, 10, and 11.

Congrats. Now tell me how that will help you beat any team this year with a winning record.

Short memories are the best.

Considering how bad Arky was last year and will be this year I agree since the comment I responded to had to do with this upcoming year.

Considering how bad Arky was last year and will be this year I agree since the comment I responded to had to do with this upcoming year.

It wasn't that long ago that your team was down the road we are on.We have been down it too though not to the degree your program has been.

We will be back soon.We always rebound.

I

bring back the beer barrel...........

I like the trophy idea......but I too think this is a little too soon. Make it a rivalry first then talk trophy. We'll see I guess.

I like the trophy idea......but I too think this is a little too soon. Make it a rivalry first then talk trophy. We'll see I guess.

It should be the BBQ trophy. If you lose yo team eats mustard based BBQ. If you win they eat brisket. Sucks for you.

South Carolina is the oddball as far as a true West rival goes. I've always felt like Kentucky should be playing Arkansas permanently. Lot more animosity between the Cats and the Hogs than there is between us and State or Carolina and Arkansas. But with Mizzou in the conference now,Arkansas makes too much sense for that to happen.

• Booger
      Looks like someone popped him in the snout a few times
    • Stefanozz
      First of all good game ARK fans.  Every year this game drives me crazy.  This years Stupid for us: 1. Kirk muffing a punt first thing handing ARK 7.  He also uncharacteristically dropped a few passes. 2. A combination of bad play calling and QB inadequacy for 3 quarters.   3. Our secondary was bad bad bad.  ARK should have throw the ball to #4 over and over and over, you guys would have had 60 points.  Harvey (#1) was having a horrible game covering him. The great stuff was the goal line stands by our D, and the ability for our defense to come out after that 10 minute drive and still not break.  I truly though we were done after that long drive.(even though we held at the goal line.)  I figured our defense would be like butter the rest of the night but they came out and finished the game.. 60 minutes  wow. 2014 Sugar Bowl Trevor Knight,  come out come out wherever you are?!?!?
    • bbqit
      Funny that the best uscw has done in a long time was under O
    • JoeGator
      Can you imagine if UF played a complete game?    
    • HFC Derek Mason
      Lsu is going to offer Petrino. Just have a feeling. 
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      JoeGator
      JoeGator
    2. 2
      PuddingTime
      PuddingTime
    3. 3
      bbqit
      bbqit
    4. 4
      RammaJamma