• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Noah

3 SEC coaches fired in 2014

96 posts in this topic

Which three SEC football teams will get a new coach?

My guess is:

Florida

Arkansas

MS State

They won't fire Bielima(sp?) after only 2 seasons. Mullen always seems to do just enough to make people give him another year is seems. Florida fans once again blame the OC for their misery.

I think none get fired, but Muschamp is definitely on the hot seat.

Muschamp is the only one that seems like a possibility to me if the season goes badly. Otherwise it seems everyone is either too new or has enough past success to survive a down season. The only extreme cases I could think of is that UGA or LSU goes insane and dumps a consistent 10 win coach for not winning it all (lately or at all). But they each seem to have competent ADs so probably not.

They won't fire Bielima(sp?) after only 2 seasons. Mullen always seems to do just enough to make people give him another year is seems. Florida fans once again blame the OC for their misery.

I think none get fired, but Muschamp is definitely on the hot seat.

I pretty much agree, but I think Muschump is probably done because he is facing one of the hardest schedules he's had and the prospects look pretty dim unless he surprises us all. With Alabama, LSU, South Carolina, and Florida State plus the usual suspects, Muschump is in a pretty deep ditch.

You are right on target with Mullen. They'll keep him... again.

Bielema is probably not likely to go this year, but he'll go eventually because he can't cut it in the SEC.

Muschamp fired. Freeze to Florida. Joegator to Georgia

Saban to media. Kiffen hired since smart is hired before saban leaves.

Muschamp gone. Mullens leaves msu for fla.

Pinkle retires. Pays more money to get the coach msu wanted.

Msu hires an unknown junior high coach for cheap and before he gets recognized he is a good junior high coach

I like the idea of Freeze!

No

Ha Ha

I don't blame you.

Freeze, IMO, is as good as any SEC coach and better than most. He would do well anywhere... but, particularly well at Florida. :)

Miles.

Muschamp.

Possibly Bielema if he doesn't do better than 4-8, 5-7. And it would be a bad move to fire him even then.

Mullen isn't going anywhere. This is far and away the best team he's ever had at MSU, and it would take an epic, Auburn 2012 esque metldown to get rid of him. For good or ill, he is a coach for at least two more seasons.

And just to clarify on Miles, he will be fired when LSU loses to Bama, Auburn, UF, OM and State. The Tigahs have no QB and I legit predict them to be no better than 9-4 and probably 8-5 with everything that they lost last season.

If Les gets blown out by Saban again this season, it's a done deal. LSU will lose to anybody on this planet, but they will not lose to Saban over and over if they can help it at all, no matter what it takes.

Better read up on Revelation.

Ha Ha

I don't blame you.

Freeze, IMO, is as good as any SEC coach and better than most. He would do well anywhere... but, particularly well at Florida. :)

Now I'm going to stop pretending you aren't GeauxTo.

And just to clarify on Miles, he will be fired when LSU loses to Bama, Auburn, UF, OM and State. The Tigahs have no QB and I legit predict them to be no better than 9-4 and probably 8-5 with everything that they lost last season.

If Les gets blown out by Saban again this season, it's a done deal. LSU will lose to anybody on this planet, but they will not lose to Saban over and over if they can help it at all, no matter what it takes.

And that translates to "NEVER"

Better read up on Revelation.

Now I'm going to stop pretending you aren't GeauxTo.

I would take Freeze in a New York minute. Muschump is done, in my book. (I hope he surprises the schit out of me and that Driskill will too, but I think that's dreaming.)

I agree that if Mullen and especially Muschamp nose dive this year they could be in trouble.

Beliema,short of improprieties,is not on a hot seat.In fact there ought to be some coaches pretty nervous when they play us this year since Bret can't coach and all.

Muschamps fate will be sealed once Kentucky beats dat ass

Muschamps fate will be sealed once Kentucky beats dat ass

That's worse than getting Croom'd.

Only coach in danger this year is M-Champ. Unless someone goes winless....

Mullen isn't going anywhere. This is far and away the best team he's ever had at MSU, and it would take an epic, Auburn 2012 esque metldown to get rid of him. For good or ill, he is a coach for at least two more seasons.

Methinks you are underestimating @@bluelightstar's rallying power in the event that State has a 6 or 7 win season.

I'd imagine he'd be pi*sed beyond reason.

Mullen? WTF? There is no way Mullen goes anywhere unless he wins fewer than 4 games, or rapes Jack Cristil.

MSU:

Mullen has lead MSU to 4 straight bowl games. The first time in their 114 year history.

He owns the highest winning percentage as MSU's head coach since Darrel Royal .563

He is already the MSU's leader in bowl wins

Why would they get rid of one of the best they ever had?

Bret Bielema: He has something like a 12 million dollar buyout until 2016. Unless of course he gets caught on some moral issue.

I would consider him safe for a couple of more years.

Saban to media. Kiffen hired since smart is hired before saban leaves.

Muschamp gone. Mullens leaves msu for fla.

Pinkle retires. Pays more money to get the coach msu wanted.

Msu hires an unknown junior high coach for cheap and before he gets recognized he is a good junior high coach

lols at OM talkin about hiring jr high coaches...when y'all hired an girls basketball coach. Lmao

That's worse than getting Croom'd.

nothing, and I mean nothing is college football is or was worse than that.

Mullen? WTF? There is no way Mullen goes anywhere unless he wins fewer than 4 games, or rapes Jack Cristil.

He won't be fired but msu will get some fla money